Man was searched, handcuffed in a patrol car; shot in head; cops say suicide

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UU_ood, Aug 2, 2012.

1. #1 UU_ood, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Chavis Carter Found Shot In The Head While In Patrol Car; Investigation Launched

"As protocol, he was handcuffed behind his back, double-locked and searched," said Jonesboro Police Department Sgt. Lyle Waterworth in an interview with WREG-TV.

Just minutes later, police said they heard a thumping noise, turned around and found Carter shot in the head.

Waterworth said he thinks Carter pulled out a hidden gun and shot himself. “Any given officer has missed something on a search, you know, be it drugs, be it knives, be it razor blades," he said. "This instance, it happened to be a gun."

His mother, Teresa Carter, disagrees. "I think they killed him," she said. "My son wasn't suicidal."

Carter said she was also told her son was shot in the right temple, although he was left-handed.
    "I mean, I just want to know what really happened," she told WREG-TV. "That's all I want to know."

I'm surprised they didn't sprinkle some crack on him.

[​IMG]

2. I'm starting to really get sick of this shit.

I'd leave a longer response but I'm far too angry to post my thoughts online.

3. What, are the cops using those fluffy S&M safety cuffs or something?

4. Well this sucks.

5. This is bullshit, they can do whatever they want and everyone just forgets about it and nothing happens

6. [quote name='"Gr33nD420"']This is bullshit, they can do whatever they want and everyone just forgets about it and nothing happens[/quote]

I'm glad those protesters In Anaheim were fighting back against those fucking pigs .......

Except we don't have all those weapons those pussies have

7. We're all fucked.

8. man FUCK the cops.

theres been 3+ fucking dirty cop shootings in my town in the last 5 years n none of them went more than local.

like in 08 the police were trying to contact a man inside his vehicle downtown. the guy wouldnt open the door or roll down the window so the cop proceeded to bust the window with his gun, when he busted the window he accidentally dropped the gun inside the mans vehicle, the officer ran back and told back up officers that the man inside the vehicle had brandished the gun and they proceeded to shoot him dead.

about a month ago an officer shot an unarmed man in the FACE and was put on paid leave.

dirty fuckin pigs man.

9. Cops never bring peace. Thanks for sharing the article.

10. yea in my town they are too busy playing fbi agents while kids run into trees and shit for thinking they can go twice the limit on the road going to the station. maybe if the cop cars were out a little more instead of their bullshit "undercovers" lol thanks for sharing

11. #12 NasaJoe, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    It's only a matter of time before people start bringing justice into their own hands.. The establishment needs to start criminally prosecuting the people who wrong the public or else there will undoubtedly be an outcry..

not from me though, i sell solar panels im all good..

12. im still trying to figure out why cops are considered better than everybody else in the eyes of the law.

13. Well obviously it's because they carry a shiny metal badge! I mean, what's not to respect? It's shiny!

[​IMG]

14. So fucked up. Had a similar incident in a town near me not to long ago. Drunk guy in the country on his farm was doing burnouts in his truck in his own front yard. Two officers open fired on him with Ar-15s killing him. They claimed he had a weapon and was resisting, no weapon was found and the only bullet holes and casings were from the two cops who took thier time to bring out the rife and not use their side arm.

15. Bill Holmes is a good author
    Gerard Metral as well

Worth looking into...

16. We have had an incident in our town a couple months ago as well that you probably know about. For those of you who don't know, in Henderson there was a police Sgt who repeatedly kicked a guy in the head while he was going through a diabetic shock. If I remember right the fucker only got a demotiom. And the DA refused to take action against the crime.

17. [quote name='"Broses"']im still trying to figure out why cops are considered better than everybody else in the eyes of the law.[/quote]

because, cops are 'supposed' to be officers of the law, doing good deeds for society. Everyone makes mistakes, and in their profession the mistakes just tend to be more costly. If, every time they made a mistake, They were tried like a criminal and given hard sentences, either no one would be a cop, or theyd be too afraid of punishment to do their job properly

im not saying i agree with this rationale, just telling you why it is the way it is

18. We used to have peace officers and constables back in the day. They once were part of the community, walked a beat and interacted with the public. No longer. Now we have a paramilitary force that no longer interacts with the general public except for PR reasons, treat everyone with suspicion and contempt and are now referred to as "law enforcement".
    "These are men with families" or "they're heroes that deserve our respect" are the common quotes you hear to validate questionable actions. They're families are no more important than mine and respect is not the first thing I think of when I see one in my rear veiw mirror.
    They are only as good as their equipment allows them

19. That sounds damn good to me.