Healthcare law remains unconstitutional.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LSYouTiger, Jul 22, 2012.

1. #1 LSYouTiger, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
    Just found this beauty:

Reality Check: If Healthcare Law Is A Tax Is It Now Invalid?

All tax bills must strt in the house of representatives. This bill was ruled a tax, but te version being used started in the senate. It is not constitutional

Unless they plan on switching to another healthcare law to sneak past.

2. Fuck Obama and Obamacare

3. The Liberals enjoy violating the constitution. Liberals are the same as communists. Hate those lazy Liberals. The lack of work ethic and self-reliance Liberals have is sickening. They are blood suckers and parasites.

4. So you actually believe that the Republicans don't enjoy violating the Constitution either? You must have forgotten about those two wars Bush started without consulting Congress? You know, like it says you should do in the Constitution?

:rolleyes:

5. [quote name='"ProvidencePlant"']
    So you actually believe that the Republicans don't enjoy violating the Constitution either? You must have forgotten about those two wars Bush started without consulting Congress? You know, like it says you should do in the Constitution?

:rolleyes:[/quote]

Didn't congress vote for both the conflicts...?

http://articles.cnn.com/2002-10-11/...ons-weapons-inspectors-iraq?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

6. #7 ProvidencePlant, Jul 22, 2012
    Nope, December of 1941 was the last time the US formally declared war on a country.

EDIT: I take that back, 1942 against Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania.

7. [quote name='"ProvidencePlant"']
    Nope, December of 1941 was the last time the US formally declared war on a country.[/quote]

But congress was consulted and voted on and agreed on most of the conflicts.

8. Actually Congress was behind him. Typical Liberal trait to blame other people. :rolleyes: Sigh, when will Liberals ever take some responsibility for their ways.

9. Please don't associate us with liberals

10. If you voted for Obama you should turn to the person next you and have them kick you in the ass just as hard as they can. ;)

11. Republicans and Democrats are equally responsible for destroying the Constitution. Anyone who thinks otherwise has some serious cognitive dissonance going on.

12. Nobody cares about the Constitution anymore, welcome to the Fascist States of America, where the Federal Government has unlimited power.

13. Indeed, nobody cares about an antiquated document designed to protect the then newly independent landed aristocracy, nor should they.

Although, the United States is not fascist. Fascism is a very specific movement, not to be thrown around at anything you don't like. Our economy is arguably corporatist, and even that is debatable, which is a variation of capitalism that doesn't always exist within fascism (which is itself a variation of capitalism). Other qualifications for fascism are palingenetic ultranationalism (think of Ron Paul's 'Restore America Now!' slogan), cleansing of foreign influences, autarky, a negation of liberal democracy for unitary dictatorship, and the complete criminalization of organized labor. None of which exist in the US.

When I say capitalism, I'm referring to the system of property relations independent of the state of a market, not some idealized 'free market'.

14. Exactly. It's a dead letter. Politicians only try to use it when the other party does something they don't like. Neither side actually thinks it should be followed in any way. Libertarians, and Constitutionalists I assume, are the only people who really want to abide by it.

15. #16 garrison68, Jul 22, 2012
    Viva The Affordable Health Care Act! Finally, we'll have health care choices and not have to worry about not being covered if we don't have health care policies at work, or become unemployed.

16. ^ its going to be harder for me

17. It's about time - that's the jist of it.

18. liberal, conservative, democrat, republican..which side of the coin are you claiming is NOT corrupted by the toxic metal it is made of?

sigh...I thought the blades of the GC politics section had gotten wise to the hypocrisy...I was wrong...
    you all just carry on sucking up to your chosen side of the same toxic coin... I'll be over there, working on freedom and liberty for all.

19. It doesn't matter. As a libertarian the only logical option is Gary Johnson or Ron Paul. Both main candidates suck.