Dark Knight massacre to pass UN Gun Ban?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by lightupbong, Jul 20, 2012.

1. #1 lightupbong, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
    So we all know about the recent shooting that happened, and we KNOW the media is going to be creating a mass hysteria for the next few weeks about it.

This man was very psychologically ill, and needed help. But it is not the GUNS that are to be blamed, it's the PEOPLE that use them in the wrong way.

Most tragedies/shootings are followed by a push by the government for removing/repealing 2nd amendment rights. Do you think this is possible? I sure as hell do, and I am not letting myself get duped into believing we need to rid of our 2nd amendment rights, and under the control of a tyrannic government...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxevkqQJxPk&feature=plcp]Dark Knight Massacre To Pass UN Gun Ban? - YouTube[/ame]

Obama is set to sign a UN gun ban treaty next week.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012...y-will-reveal-gun-laws-obama-really-supports/

How do you personally interpret the events?

2. Colorado doesn't live in UN. lol

But yes, I could see that this gunner could be FBI, CIA or got paid by the gov to do the job.

3. Wasn't there that Joker Loon a few years ago for the second movie? Didn't he do some sketchy shit also? Like rob a market.

4. Oh for god sakes, i just read a news that this guy has a connection to the tea party.

5. Oh god...

Ohhh propoganda, I see what you did there;)

6. I lean toward the left libertarian but in this case I think stricter gun laws would be a good thing. Think about this- what possible reason could a person have for owning an automatic weapon other than killing another human being. Im all for having a large range of hunting/target practice weapons available but there should be stricter gun laws for automatic weapons. If that person in the movie theater had to reload, many lives would have been saved.

Now I'm not saying make it impossible to get them but the person should have to go through extensive background checks and personality tests if they want to attain something so obviously designed for the sole purpose of murder.

7. #7 maxrule, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  8. You know I just saw a story on the news where a woman (who committed suicide) murdered another woman in a sick master/slave sex thing, and her journals indicated that her IDOL in life was the character Dexter on Showtime, and that she committed the crime in the same manner that he did.

So do you think that they'll outlaw Dexter because of that? Where's the hue and cry about that?

This won't make any impact on gun control.

9. I bet the makers of the movie are like >_< There goes the ratings...

10. Guns are something tangible that many people and politicians feel they can do something about.

Dexter is an imaginary concept on a tv show, noT much you can do about that. And its not like the woman made a statement as big as killing families in a crowded theater.

11. Lol @ Alex Jones, guys a crock

12. You're just making difficult for us who are very innocent to conceal arms. All while criminals love you for it because you're making them much easier time to kill. It doesn't matter, criminals will always buy guns from black market. The gov would love you to be on their board.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will carry gun(s).
    Armed society is a polite society.

13. So, what if this psychopath threw TNT in the theater and blew it up? Should we ban dynamite?

14. I have to find this video I watched about a country in Europe that has a good gun policy (as far as the citizens being armed) & they rank lowest in crime rating

15. Banning guns to stop crime is like banning pencils to stop spelling errors....

16. Switzerland

17. How stupid can people get its GOVERNMENTS that sell these guns to rebel and terrorist groups. SEE TALIBAN using US weapons. The United States is the biggest arms dealer in the world! This is just so outrageously stupid I am at a loss for words.

18. There are 65 million gun owning Americans who DIDN'T kill someone last night. or any night....The problem is not the guns.

Gun control, takes guns out of the hands of good people who use them correctly, responsibly and safely, and puts them in the hands of criminals who can get them illegally easily.

19. If you repeal the 2nd amendment only criminals will have guns. Guns dont kill people fucking loonatics do.

20. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nf1OgV449g[/ame]