Why are so many stoners obsessed with Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by frog123, May 30, 2012.

1. Ok so he is for legalization of drugs but it's probably going to come at a cost I'm guessing prices for weed are going to go wary up. Furthermore are you that blinded by the desire to legalize weed that you are willing to have a president that will cut down on funding to save the environment, will cut education funding, is strongly against abortion, opposes gay marriage, disagrees with separation of church and state,and thinks those who are sexually harassed in the work place should just quit. So he's against government regulation but apparently that's only true when it comes to money not his moral beliefs. Furthermore I know we all hate taxes but sometimes they are necessary to prevent chaos.

2. What makes you feel that prices would somehow go up, versus the current black market, if there was suddenly A) no risk, B) you could ask for connections from friends and find better prices openly and without fear, and C) anyone who wanted to could safely and legally, grow their own?

Hopefully, along with the rest of your post, providing at least a little logic wouldn't be too much trouble. :p

Not trying to stir you up more than you obviously are, and I have mentioned no real political affinity for any current politicians during my time here, it's just that the fact of the matter is, it's hard to take such threads seriously, when right off the bat they start off so silly and misinformed! :)

3. Because he actually cares about this country. I could care less on his drug policy. And he doesn't want to legalize drugs, he wants to let the states decide like the constitution says we can. Only candidate who cares about us the people. Everyone else is basically only concerned with "how can I keep the rich rich while being rich myself".

4. I'm not misinformed I've done a fair amount of research. Maybe you're right and prices won't get raised. I think we should find a better way to get marijuana legalized. Ron paul also says he's ok with legalizing Heroin/meth ect. I bet most of us are thinking whats the big deal I would never use Heroin or meth but that's the issue the issue is if we allow Heroin/meth to be legal the people already doing it won't be arrested and as someone who has seen heroin/meth users they can be quite dangerous. If you do not believe my other facts fine do not that's just you being ignorant but maybe you can verify them and see what I'm saying.

5. If he cares so much about the constitution why does he disagree with separation of church in state clearly stated in the first amendment?

6. [quote name='"frog123"']

If he cares so much about the constitution why does he disagree with separation of church in state clearly stated in the first amendment?[/quote]

I challenge you to find a legal document requiring the "separation of church and state".

7. Not a super ron Paul supporter,

But the Republican race should've been between him and Romney, only two with public funding.

Rick Perry, newt g. And rick s. Were supported mostly by one rich Guy each, even though for most of their campaign they received no support past the media

8. [quote name='"HighMtnSkier"']

I challenge you to find a legal document requiring the "separation of church and state".[/quote]

Establishment Clause?

9. So you're saying that dangerous people would be more likely to commit crimes other than drug use than non-dangerous people? Why wouldn't they be arrested for committing actual crimes if heroin and meth were legal?

10. I think marijuana helps people cope / understand with the certain aspects of truth that are hard for the mind to really absorb and accept. To have a viewpoint like ours you have to understand things that are very uncomfortable to know and accept.. I think marijuana helps with this process.

I've pondered on this many times before...

11. They would still be arrested just after the fact. If they could just be arrested for being under the influence then it would prevent what was going to happen.

12. I smoke a ton of weed and I truly believe it does open your view point and allow you to see things in a different light. I want it to be legalized I just do not want it to be legalized through electing someone who is against many things I believe in. Also he does not guarantee it will be legalized because he is just leaving it up to the states.

13. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']

What makes you feel that prices would somehow go up, versus the current black market, if there was suddenly A) no risk, B) you could ask for connections from friends and find better prices openly and without fear, and C) anyone who wanted to could safely and legally, grow their own?

Hopefully, along with the rest of your post, providing at least a little logic wouldn't be too much trouble. :p

Not trying to stir you up more than you obviously are, and I have mentioned no real political affinity for any current politicians during my time here, it's just that the fact of the matter is, it's hard to take such threads seriously, when right off the bat they start off so silly and misinformed! :)[/quote]

the nicest 'you're wrong' I have ever seen

14. Nope.

15. #16 Tripace, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012

The only ignorant one in here is you. You come in here stating all these blatant mistruths about Ron Paul, and yet you claim you've done research? :laughing:

MainStream media is not credible information sources. ;)

First thing wrong with your statement, he is not for outright legalization, he wants to remove it from the schedule 1 classification it currently sits at, so at the federal level, it would no longer be illegal, but the states would have to choose further pursue legalization, as the Constitution says it should be their right to do so. Second, legalization would not cause a price increase, if you look at alcohol prohibition, bootleggers were selling bottles for 4-5 times the cost of booze because of the black market. After the prohibition laws were repealed, the price went back down as it became more readily available. It's simple law of supply and demand, the higher the supply, the less demand, and the prices come down with more competition.

Next, you say he wants to cut funding to save the environment and education? Not sure where you came up with that ridiculous statement? Unless you mean his plans to cut the department of education and the EPA? Both of them are USELESS. The EPA does nothing to help the environment, the factories that are going to pollute, do so. And when the EPA comes around every now and then, they pay their little fines, a few million here, then go on doing the same thing, for them it's nothing more than the cost of doing business. The EPA is completely useless, they do nothing to curb the act.
    The department of education? The last thing they've done lately for schools has been "no child left behind" case closed, they're failures. Other than that, on a daily basis there's news stories about how the schools are trying to say they know what's best for the kids, better than the childrens' own parents. This bullshit has got to stop.

As for his personal opinions against bth abortion and gay marriage, so what? He ALSO, more strongly says that neither of those are matters that have anything to do with the government, people should have the right to do as they please and the government just minds it's own damn business. This is going by what the Constitution says, which is what he bases his entire government policies on.

And THAT is why we are so strongly for Ron Paul. Well, that and his outstanding foreign policy, but you have nothing to say about that, I guess you don't mind bombing brown people, which in turn fuels more hatred against America, and thus, more potential terrorists in the future?:rolleyes:

16. What does this even mean? If someone got high on meth and then robbed a grocery store, then does this mean you should arrest everyone who does meth? If you steal, you get arrested for stealing. If you steal while high, you get arrested for stealing.

17. [quote name='"frog123"']

I'm not misinformed I've done a fair amount of research. Maybe you're right and prices won't get raised. I think we should find a better way to get marijuana legalized. Ron paul also says he's ok with legalizing Heroin/meth ect. I bet most of us are thinking whats the big deal I would never use Heroin or meth but that's the issue the issue is if we allow Heroin/meth to be legal the people already doing it won't be arrested and as someone who has seen heroin/meth users they can be quite dangerous. If you do not believe my other facts fine do not that's just you being ignorant but maybe you can verify them and see what I'm saying.[/quote]

I believe that if drugs were all legal. Natures process of elimination will come into affect with meth and heroin users. I think that Ron Paul would be a great asset to this country. He believes in family. Being a military spouse I support him for his views on how the military should be run. Not obamas way of doing pay blackouts and wondering if our spouses or family members Will be getting paid next month. We have families and mouths to feed bills to pay. Plus Obama is trying to take away military families health insurance. But last time I checked a spouse working outside of the military gets insurance and his family's covered if he wants them to be. The military should be no different. My husband, brothers uncles and relatives fight for this country. The least they deserve is health insurance and to get paid to do their jobs. So yes I support Ron Paul all the damn way! :)

18. He may personally not believe in separation of church and state(not that this is even true). But at least he knows that his personal opinion is not what matters.

And please, prohibition of drugs is such a small part of the broader spectrum. Individual liberties and rights. Knowing what our founding fathers intended for this country.

19. Its not stoners. Ron Paul for everyone's LOL.

Crawl out from under your rock and get off the pothead forums for a day or two