So...Who do you think Ron Paul will vote for this fall?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stoned budda, Apr 24, 2012.

1. #61 Mairuzu, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    Garrison, we've taught you and given you priceless knowledge and your brain is dead. Sorry. It would be pointless to talk to you when you just go in argumentative circles. Newt dropped out, so fuck yeah

2. Where are you getting this he was the only candidate to say that religion has no place in politics in the debates. Even Obama says that his religion guides him and the rest practically said they would ask God before making any decision. I am an agnostic leaning towards atheism and also support Dr. Paul.

3. If my brain is "dead", then yours must be fossilized, because I've been saying for several years that Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance of being nomintated by the Republican Party, or becoming president under any circumstances.

I wouldn't bet the farm that he will again support the Constitution Party candidtate for president, but it's a good possibility - and if he does, don't forget who said it here first.

4. I did not say that he was the only candidate who lets religion seep into his politics, but Obama has made it very clear he supports evolution in the schools, and understands that creationism does not belong in public, taxpayer-supported institutions, because it is faith-based. I'm not defending all of Obama's actions, but he says that he keeps his religion out of his policies - and I believe him, just as I believe that Ron Paul will do the exact opposite, this is in fact why he doesn't want to talk about it.

5. Mannnnnn.

6. Because he isn't associated with them. We've been over this before. In 2008, Ron Paul told the three potential third party candidates to choose amongst themselves which one would be the one to officially run on the third party ticket, and that he would endorse the one they picked, it was an "open endorsement". It happened to be the Constitution party candidate, so he gave that one his endorsement. It's simply because he won't endorse the corruption of the neocon two party system. It's got nothing to do with your idiotic claim that he endorses the Constitution party. Now go crawl under your bridge, I think there's a goat about to cross it...

:laughing:
    Three Billy Goats Gruff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. Obama: Jesus would tax the rich - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com
    Yet another lie from oooooooooooo'bbbbbummmmmeeeerrrr

8. This is bad, but he didn't say that Jesus was gong to send anybody to hell - in fact anybody could say "tax the rich" regardless of being a supposed diety or not.

Nice way to change the focus from the topic of Ron Paul to the president, but that's OK because Ron Paul is washed up.

9. It's over - comprende? He's finished, wiped-out, gone, totaled. He had his fame, and now it's time to retire. :wave:

10. It's funny Garrison, I was at Ron Paul's speech the other day... and he said the damnedest thing. He was talking about how all individuals are endowed with rights from their creator, but he stuttered a little bit and said "or through whatever natural means that brought us about". I don't think this man is as black and white as you paint him, he is an intellectual first and foremost - you can tell by his writing style that he is humble and able to grasp ideas without accepting them as true. He is also tolerant, something which I'm sure you need a definition for, so I'll provide one.

"a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry."

Tolerance is perhaps the key to his message, the beliefs that you call uniquely his about the Constitution are by no means unique. They are shared by millions of Americans. Why does he draw such enthusiastic crowds, why are young people drawn to his ideas? Because HIS ideas are OUR ideas. Is that so hard to fucking grasp? That's why we are voting for him to REPRESENT US.

Peace.

11. [quote name='"Irishchoctaw"']It's funny Garrison, I was at Ron Paul's speech the other day... and he said the damnedest thing. He was talking about how all individuals are endowed with rights from their creator, but he stuttered a little bit and said "or through whatever natural means that brought us about". I don't think this man is as black and white as you paint him, he is an intellectual first and foremost - you can tell by his writing style that he is humble and able to grasp ideas without accepting them as true. He is also tolerant, something which I'm sure you need a definition for, so I'll provide one.

"a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry."

Tolerance is perhaps the key to his message, the beliefs that you call uniquely his about the Constitution are by no means unique. They are shared by millions of Americans. Why does he draw such enthusiastic crowds, why are young people drawn to his ideas? Because HIS ideas are OUR ideas. Is that so hard to fucking grasp? That's why we are voting for him to REPRESENT US.

Peace.
    [/quote]

Here! Here! +Rep for you good sir.

12. I'd like a link to this speech or quote, if posssible.

Condesending remarks aimed at those whom you disagree with, that's a sure sign of tolerance.

How many times must I point out that his objective is to arm the states with the ability to overturn Roe vs. Wade, do away with as much separation of church and state as possible, and change other valuable policies and laws that we now have in place, including bringing back the gold standard, which he claims is mandated by God? The rest of the candidates are bad, but this guy is out of his fucking mind.

Ron Paul, an ultra-religionist and extreme conservative, does not represent the views of myself, or most of the country.

13. Whatever Ron Paul wants to do in the US is trivial compared to the positive impact his foreign policies would have on the rest of the world.

And it would do ye guys no harm to get down on your knees and pray for forgiveness for your sins...:)

Repent Garrison, repent for your sins...:smoke:

14. Uh, behave somewhat? That is a dangerous assumption to make for a man who has never served a day in the Presidents seat.

Might I remind you of "Hope and Change" and how much of that shit we haven't seen?

Empty promises are a side-effect of campaigns, and neither are immune.

15. Gonna hang it up on your wall? [/quote]

Condescending*
    Are you butt hurt because he provided a definition of the word as if he feels superior for knowing a definition? Lol

The objective is to enact the constitution. You say his religious views get in the way yet here its still not even the case?

How do you figure that? All the constitution says is no theocracy.

Where did he say that?

The Gold standard compared to paper fiat money has always had the better outcome. Paper always fails.

Ultra religionist? Is that even a word?

16. #77 Irishchoctaw, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    Here's a link to the speech, I'm not sure wherein he said that particular bit about natural means - and keep in mind I was paraphrasing from memory so it won't be an exact match.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdMZ28Lk4Jo]Ron Paul Rally in Pittsburgh on 4/20- Complete Speech - YouTube[/ame]

Also if you read Liberty Defined and go to the section on Evolution, it will describe his views quite nicely on the subject.

What's the harm in allowing the States to overturn Roe vs. Wade? T. Jefferson argued quite strongly for such a system, though unfortunately we have not inherited his vision of the system. I don't think the world will end tomorrow if people in the Bible belt aren't allowed to go get abortions. More importantly it would diminish the power of the Supreme Court, meaning that if a State didn't want to adopt Obamacare, they just wouldn't have to rather than waiting for the Court's decision of whether or not to make another power grab for the Feds.

17. Isolationism would never be good for us, nor the World. He has a very ill-informed viewpoint on foreign relations.

Yet, is he really planning on bringing our troops home, as he often states? Does bringing them home mean that aggressive Countries will act up and then he has to deploy the troops into a more threatening environment?
    Sounds like he is talking out of both sides of his mouth.
    :smoke:

In Congress, Ron Paul voted to authorize military force to hunt down Osama bin Laden and authored legislation to specifically target terrorist leaders and bring them to justice.

* Avoid long and expensive land wars that bankrupt our country by using constitutional means to capture or kill terrorist leaders who helped attack the U.S. and continue to plot further attacks.

* Guarantee our intelligence community's efforts are directed toward legitimate threats and not spying on innocent Americans through unconstitutional power grabs like the Patriot Act.

18. You watch a lot of MSM I take it, due to you repeating the media's propaganda against Paul that he is an isolationist. He isn't an isolationist. He believes in non intervention.

Now you can accuse him of something accurately.

19. We isolate ourselves from trade with many nations we are not at peace with whom we continue to bomb.

Its like staying in your yard while you throw rocks at your neighbors and Ron Paul is the isolationist that wants to go over there to see if he can trade some bread for milk