First attempt at scroggin!!

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by notenoughtime, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Ok ive the general idea of this,to get more light to the budsites,now,i cant upload pictures for the moment so bare with me.
    Ive a 20 pot wilma which i origionaly was goin to do a type of SOG with but i had to use seeds so i let them grow to but 15 or so inches,bout a foot and a half,but then read a wonderful post on Scrog an got excited ,thought bout it for a little bit then said fukit and jumped right in,built the screen and "lowerd" it onto the plants,directing them up through the gaps as best i could,before i lowered the screen i bent the plants over (gently) al in a "uniform" type of direction,so when one was bent over the one before it had room to bend over into the other ones place.it looks a wee bit messy at the moment but i want to wait a few days before i do a bit of trimming for the stress factor.so question is,will they be ok :eek: or should i remove the screen,i know your suposed to train them into growing,but either way the light is getting to all sites of each plant only thing is that its a bit messy in terms of undergrowth so wat do i trim?? all of the "useless" growth below the canopy,im afraid of stressing them too much,dont want any seeds or males.Ive a 1.2(L) x 1.2(w) x 2(h) tent,600w HS(ive no MH bulb,used a 200w fluro) with seperate exhaust fan,an extractor and carbon filter,circulating fan, using Vitlink grow a+b (just bout to switch to 12/12) with CO2 tabs(wich are GREAT!!!the difference after 2 days!!)Ph bout 5.8,temps bout 22-25 celceus.so......

Question 1- Will they be ok,or should i remove the screen?

Question 2- What to trim and what to keep,and does trimming stress them much?

Thank`s in advance for you patients and info!!

2. question 2 - depends how much u trim and how soon you trim just like if a leaf is covering a screen hole that has a branch trim it or tuck it your goal in the end is to have an even crop so if u got a huge fan leaf covering like 4 holes u can ether cut it or u can tuck it and if a branch is taller then the rest grab stem under screen pull till bud is even then pinch it to keep then all level.