LST on autoflowering plants?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by kill a jedi, May 1, 2010.

1. Is it possible to do LST growing using lowryder/ auto flowering plants?

2. im curious about this as well. anybody tried this?

i have 2 auto White Widow and 1 auto Haze seedling 10 days in right now. i think im going to try a little lst action on one of my widow plants.

i will try to remember to post my findings here. if not...check out the thread in my sig in about 3 weeks or so!

3. I wanna know this too. My Afghan Kush Ryder was only above the ground for 15 days before it started Flowering. I didn't think it was good to train a plant that young?

(and it was so small and low to the dirt i probably couldn't have)

4. Yeah the autos are weird like that. Its almost like there is a point during the grow where they are vegging and flowering at the same time.

5. I lst an easy ryder but I think it depends on whether the auto is more of a side branching strain

For example Auto Ak 47 is known to branch more but some other autos grow one Large Cola instead of branching with more smaller buds

6. yeah man, i wish i would've done a lil training on the two girls i have now. they both have nice side branching and the bottom half of both plants is littered with popcorn buds.

so far it looks like the auto widows and auto haze will both put on some nice branches as well.

7. theyll probably be fine if u tie down some branches for more light

8. First of all... I've never grown autos, but the way they grow is very similar to growing certain strains 12/12 from seed.

I would think that LSTing an auto plant would either let you yield more, or not effect your yield much at all, depending on the size and shape of your grow space. The goal in every grow is to soak as much of the plant as possible in direct light. Tying the plant over and moving it accordingly closer to the light will most likely help your yield, unless you are going with a vertical grow or something.

I wouldn't recommend anything more stressful than that, though, like topping, Fimming, or supercropping. You are on a limited time-frame here, so don't try any techniques that the plant will need time to recover from.

9. well I herd you cant do it on auto plants ..especially lowryder...but i for got were i herd it from .. i think from attitude seedbank. if i find were i herd it from ill let you no ..but yea thts just my 2 cents

10. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to because, my auto that is about to be chopped is almost 30 inches tall
    Are you suggesting it is less effective than a photoperiod plant?

11. O no i think i was wrong heres the link

Lowryder #1 Feminized

.... I think i got it mixed up with cloning ..srry lol

12. well...i didn't end up doing any LST work on my plants i have going now. i didn't have enough time to do it right so i scrapped the idea.

in the end, if i had done any training it should have been on my auto Haze plant. she is a tall girl for being an auto strain. ill be posting some good pics of her tonight or tomorrow.

13. i will be LST 1 roadrunner auto and will leave another 1 roadrunner with no training...they are at 1 week now and i will report back on my findings in a few months

14. heres my auto big buddha lst'd and a week from harvest (lst rules!) :)

Attached Files:

15. anutha pic

Attached Files:

16. Check out my in my signature... i lsted mine great results

17. I wouldn't recommend anything more stressful than that, though, like topping, Fimming, or supercropping. You are on a limited time-frame here, so don't try any techniques that the plant will need time to recover from.[/QUOTE]

This here is the KEY to why some autos dont do well with training...some strains do not bounce back as quick or respond as well to lst

18. ? how many weeks before u started the lst?

19. Check my log I am doing lots of let with autos. I start about the 2nd set of leaves I will start let.

20. Here's a pic of 2 Easy Ryders that I've been training/scrogging. They're both 17 days into flowering.
    [​IMG]