Getting a new car - Help?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by cappinponcho, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Yeah man, I've never liked mustangs due to around 03-04' being when I really started looking at cars... and the people I knew who got mustangs were always bronecks.. (I'm from the south, so its a term us guy outside of the 'broneck' social group to describe the southern redneck bro.. its pretty gross.)

I was looking at the 11' camaro 1ss and they are looking nice - I like VW's too, but not really sure which one..

2. The CC is relatively flashy, but there's very little difference between that and the $3k cheaper, and lighter with the same engine GTI. I'd actually consider the GTI to be sportier than the average car, and 200HP isn't bad, especially since that's the $25k model, you can probably upgrade to some engine that's far too powerful for the little body lol.

3. Go for an Audi. Definately nice cars, and made by VW so theres your German engineering. Some are even all-wheel-drive so you will have great handling. A4's or A5, or even the S versions which are sportier.

4. get something that half of americans don't have...for example - don't get a 2000 mustang.

11' challenger would be beastly though. im not sure how much they are

5. Buy American!! 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee = BOSSS as fuck :cool: google that shit

6. Exactly what I'm thinking. Get a 2010 new Hyundai Accent Hatchback for $8,000 and then have your grandparents invest the rest into a retirement account.

7. damn! A Porsche lol pretty damn luxurious man. I still recommend an Audi but a Cayman is nice.

8. first, your grandparents offer to buy you a car that costs up to 30K. so what do you have to do? get the fastest or flashiest one out there and spend all 30K of that money, maybe a bit more. MISTAKE NUMBER 1

then, you come on a forum and ask people to pick out a car for you because you don't know anything about cars. all you know is that you want something fast or flashy. MISTAKE NUMBER 2

you don't care what kind of car it is, where it came from, how much parts and labor will be, how much gas it guzzles. MISTAKE NUMBER 3

do you even know how to do an oil change?

i know it looks like i'm being douchey, but i'm just callin it like i see it. with 30 grand, you could buy a 5K car, throw 15K-20K into it and make it destroy almost anything out there, and still have 5 grand to spend on it in the future in case anything goes wrong.

whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THE FIRST CAR YOU SEE AND LIKE. you WILL have buyer's remorse. been there done that.

9. Not douchey man, I can see where your coming from.

It's kind of a hard situation to explain, when I comes to my mom that is -
    I guess I will just tell all the small details: My grandparents bought their
    prize child grandson a new car (everyone in my fam knows they spoil him
    HARDCORE, due to them helping raise him) and due to my grandparents being
    relatively well off, they can afford to buy their kids and grandkids pricey gifts.

After knowing that, know this: My grandpa was your typical "1950s military badass who likes fast cars and kicking ass, with the cigs rolled up in his sleeve, breaking the law" kinda kid - So he kinda likes to relive his youth through his grandsons.. So with that said my grandparents some what encourage the sports car thing.

on the other hand, my mom is over protective and says "im not letting my parents buy you something your going to kill yourself in" so she doesnt even wanna me to have a manual car let along buy a cheap car the spend 30k making it fast.

So in a way, I'm trying to find a sporty/fast car that still has that luxury appeal to it, to kinda go under the radar on both ends. :cool:

idk im high, sorry for ranting/over explaining.

10. You should be able to find a 2005 maybe newer for around 30k. They are badass cars. Damn fast also
    0-60 in 4 seconds

11. alright i gotcha, that explains it a bit better.

maybe you and your grandpa could build an american muscle car? i'd personally go with a Hemi Cuda, GTO, or chevelle. you could buy one that needs restoring done to it and restore EVERYTHING, from the engine to the interior. Value in classics like that will only go up.

or you could add some power to the build, but i'm not sure if that would make the value higher or lower. restoring would be the best way to learn about cars, if your grandpa knows about building that is. if not then just completely ignore this part, lol.

if not, look at a Subaru WRX if you have snowy winters. they've got speed, handling, and they're just all around fun from what i hear.

12. if i had 30k to spend on a car, i wouldnt buy one. Id buys something older, and get a custom blue printed engine for it that will last you forever and haul ass. But in all honesty,

GET A LEXUS, them IS Three Fiddy's are sex!