cheap cars that come from the factory with a supercharger?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by boombiddy, May 16, 2010.

1. ok, the stock cobra internals are good for 800-900whp if you know how to tune. the internals are FORGED. the engine was BUILT for it. the weakest part about cobras are the output shafts on their trannies. put a higher spline-count output shaft and you will be GOLDEN.

forced induction is the BEST way to make power. as long as you have streetable cams, adding boost to a n/a engine adds so much torque to the power band that its not even funny. id rather have an engine revving to 6k making 500whp than the same engine revving to 10k to make that same power.

theres nothing cheap about boost. who says a $5-8k kit is cheap?

2. ^ no, turbocharged

3. dude, its not worth arguing with beyond305 - especially if you're gonna mention bimmers.

he knows everything about every aspect of automobiles. :rolleyes:

do you have any more info on the 2.7L? i'd love to hear about it.

4. your best bet imo is a srt4 or a mazdaspeed3 i recommend the mazda if u can hang with fwd.
    I assume you mean is under boost, and don't care turbo/blower.

5. I was gonna say that. stock TERMINATOR internals, don't think all cobra's internals are that way.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVu5c96N5Mo"]YouTube - 2004 cobra 100% stock 0-160[/ame] stock

and some more info on them.

The Official 03/04 Cobra "Terminator" Facts thread

Don't know how much they go for but I do know, they are nasty.

6. My buddy had a 06 i think it was supercharged and he took me for a few rides and the car had balls, not super fast but for a cheap ecno fast car it went fast! beat 90percent of all hondas on the road. Basicaly the cheapest newer go fast car.

Ive also known a few people with super charged 1990s grand pre gtps. if you can find these cars in good conditon i whould bet they whould be very expensive.

7. he just told me that its a budget build along with what ive mentioned. next time i see him around or see him post, ill ask him some more about it and let you know.

OP asked about supercharged cars, so of course i was refering to the S/C 4.6 cobras. :)