Supercharger talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Sauramon, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Hey guys! Once again I am here with another car question lol.

When I had my 03 impala I always dreamed of snatching a used eaton m90 supercharger at a steal of a price but it never came, so I sold the car.

Fast forward to now, I have a 2004 Grand Prix gt, and my cousin recently pulled his sc out and is offering the supercharger, lower intake manifold, and injectors at a bargain and a half! So my true question is: is it possible to use this setup on the 3800 series iii?

2. seems that would be a better question on a make-specific forum...after all, I am sure you are not the first person who contemplated such a swap and those who have done it could tell you what perils and pitfalls await.

3. Agreed,I know I would get more answers on the Pontiac forums but I thought I would give this a shot before I went and made another account lol

4. With enough money anything is possible.

The real answer to your question is to buy anything besides a grad prix and go from there

5. Get something rwd unless you love torque steer.....

6. I've driven nothing but fwd cars in my life. Some with over 300+ hp and never had a problem with torque steer. Just get a descent pair of tires.

7. I feel ya but torque steer and tires are not related....considering you have only driven fwd perhaps you cant tell the difference...but once your used to it fuck it all your gonna be doing with a fast fwd is slamming on the gas in a straight line and holding on anyway!

8. the grand prix gtp is a supercharged 3800. what car is the supercharger from?

9. My car:2004 Grand Prix gt,3.8 series 3.

Supercharger: coming off a 300+hp 2002 Buick 3.8 Series 2

10. I kind of figured, made another account on a different forum for this.