Getting a new car soon... (standard transmission)

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by FoxMulder, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Im a pretty tall guy, im not really feeling it driving in my friends subaru to get to places. My car i had wont pass inspection so i feel like im due to get another car. I have about $1500 and around here that can get you a pretty nice car. Im looking into 5 speed vehicles. I've driven a couple before. Never owned any but i got the general idea after being told how to drive it. Im just wondering if anyone has any info on manual transmission vehicles. Whats best/what to avoid/what to look for when i go get check it out. Im looking at a couple 4 door 5 speeds which is nice because i need lots of room to move the seat back for my long legs. Theres a couple hondas and a couple saturns for sale around here. Anyone have any experience? This seems kind of reaching but ive looked through the last few pages and found out quite a few of you guys drive standard.

2. Check out edmunds.com for reviews on cars. I drive an Audi A4 5 speed manual transmission, but just got it and am still getting used to the shifting. In my opinion, get any Japanese or European car for quality and durability. I would stay away from hyundais, kias, and all the American cars such as Ford. Look into Honda preludes. Those are dope or Acura Integra's. Also check out Nissan 240 sx's. I know those are in your price range. Peace

3. not really much to say in terms of what to look for when talking about a manual tranny. Just make sure it goes in and out of all the gears smoothly and its not making any grinding noises. Make sure the e-brake works as well.

4. i have an acura rsx with a 5 speed transmission, standard of course. i love it and it shifts nicely tho its the only standard i have driven. This being said id suggest an integra for your price range, they are
    a 2 door so you can push the seat wayyyyy back

or a civic...

5. Maybe a older honda accord? They are huge inside and have some power buy im not sure about youre trans preference. 240sx's are waaay to small my brother has a s13 and its a bitch to get in and 6'2