Does YOUR Philosophy On GOD Even Matter At All??

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GrapDutchDrizzy, Feb 24, 2010.

1. I was watching a video on Charles Hamilton, and anyone familiar with him should know his extraordinary philosophy on god, but it made me think.

when the conscious of the Creator, or what have you, looks down on such a feeble minded generation of intellectuals even, does it matter what you profess to be true?...?

why would the collective conscious of the universe fault you or even care to know what you think to be true? we can hardly agree on the matters of our origin :confused:

matters of morality and truth, good and evil; love, hate, virtue, and life- are separate discussions, and pertain to a lower though equally important realm of thought, but im starting to feel like the philosophy of GOD is a frivolous and useless philosophy

my fellow intellectuals know so much, yet nothing at all, so what in the name of Ren and Stimpy does any one thought on GOD or religion even matter?

:bongin:

2. It provides certain people with the answers they are looking for to make them feel more happy and secure in their lives. For this I can't really knock it, I'm not really a religious person but I wouldn't ever look down upon somebody for feeling the need to have it in their lives.

My personal views on religion vary wildly from day to day, depending on my mindset. Back when I was really in to stims and would be up for days at a time I convinced myself that my mind was the only thing creating my reality, and through enough thought I could completely reshape the world around me as I saw fit. In essence I was my own personal God, nothing mattered but what I thought. My mind was the only thing holding existence together, and nobody existed but me. Other objects and people were just things I created in my mind because I was unsure of how to do anything else at the time. Long story short, it didn't work out.

Whats to say that all religions aren't right? I'll get knock for saying it, but I find religion to be beyond the comprehension of the human mind. I could learn a thousand years worth of divine knowledge from a single half hour salvia trip, but what is the meaning of time? Why know anything at all? Is there any point to even living? If the world was really nothing more than the product of my mind, why would I even exist at all? If/when I die, what will nothingness look like? It sounds stupid, but the concept of nothingness is harder to grasp than anything else I have ever thought about.

I say navigate your own way through life, and if religion is an integral part of that then great. If you have no opinion one way or the other or just don't care, great.

3. Great post. It looks like ive +repped you already tho..

Yea, seeing yourself as your own creator could fall into some heavy narcissism and i could see how that didnt work out, but yes i completely agree, this is what im saying, the mind cannot as of right now comprehend spirituality

all of this religious babble is spawned from credulity and misunderstanding or misinterpretation. There are some truths..probably.. but we are hardly capable enough to know anything at this stage

The person lives most beautifully who does not reflect on existence

4. I don't know the man's philosophy of what you speak.

With all this hullabaloo about philosophy, doesn't it make sense that if there's a creator, he created within us the drive to find him (thus, the coming up with philosophies on God)?. If I created something to do a task, I'd be interested in its progress. If we're going to call him the Father, shouldn't he be sort of Fatherly?

5. This is a great perspective, for we are here to progress, this is truth..

But it doesnt look to me like we are progressing by our own standing, we cant control our paths, our destinies, or even our own impulses...

Fatherly, Motherly, what im trying to say is that maybe it doesnt matter how we relate the singularity to ourselves?...

6. What would matter more? Do the ants thoughts matter more? Does the Moons thoughts matter?

Why would what wonders most about the nature of the Universe not matter most?

7. Whos to say these are properties the universe looks for? Or who can be certain that the universe doesnt offer itself equally to the ant, the Moon, Perpetual Burn and his people?

8. It does.

And gives back what is put in.

"The love you take is equal to the love you make."

9. #9 GrapDutchDrizzy, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
    i do agree. I do not doubt this communication of energy, only the efforts by which we make towards defining GOD..
    What i am theorizing is that maybe the languages we are currently using to create GOD are completely void of any of this "energy"

EDIT: aannd.. that we are most likely not going to be penalized by the singularity for these actions.. for our inactions, maybe..

10. Don't mind me, but I can't stand that quote. Specifically because my ex used it as a justification for shutting me down.

"Taking is a selfish act, which is only rewarded by the self.
    Giving is a selfless act, which gets the better end... of the deal."

11. OH How Dare you hijack this thread sir :p

12. :laughing:

Sorry, I just had to throw my say in there.

But if you want my worthless opinion, I'll add it here in the words of Thicht Nhat Hanh, if I may.

13. And at this point in time i wish to /thread

:laughing:

Epic Post Budwisesir! :love: :cool:

14. Love is infinite. You can't hog the love. You're not being selfish by knowing as much love as possible... because it will be sent back out... to all. It just builds.

15. #15 Budwisesir, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
    There are four things that are infinite in this world.

dreams, space, knowledge and stupidity.

On a more serious note - Lets get down and deep..

What is love? Is all love the same? Does it ever end?

If love is infinite, what happens when someone stops loving someone/something and it ends on bad terms? Lets say, the love does not stay unconditional or perhaps it never was, that love soon leaves an empty space and becomes hate/frustration. Does it not?

Atleast for a short period of time, until you look at it from the right perspective and realize those moments were to be enjoyed, not questioned. Then yes, love could be infinite, but what about the third question? Does it ever end? Perhaps you find something/someone else to love. The previous love does not become your current love. So, where does that love go? What if you never looked at it from the 'right perspective' where does it go!?

But what happens if you *take* someones love? Why would you want to *take* love rather than to GIVE love. Who says you need to *take* love to know love? Can't you give love to know love? Whats the difference between giving and taking?

All in all, that quote seems selfish.

16. It's still a part of everything.

If you say so.

I don't think you're looking at fro the "right perspective." Too many constraints.

Take=know=perceive=feel

Same difference.

So, I've heard. ;)

Prove there's a self.

17. I could say that about almost anything and everything. ;)

Perhaps.. maybe I question and seek from you, to find that 'right perspective' and break those constraints. I'm not feeling the infinite love. :(

Any actions made by self = Know = Perceive = Feel

Then why are we not on the same page?

I am being.
    I cannot prove anything.

18. Now, you get it.

Unfortunately, you were probably being sarcastic.

You're always feeling it.

It's in your weed. It's in all that is good... and disguised within all that is not good.

We're on the first page. ;)

You already decided that quote was selfish. But the quote is just a reflection of the core.

Brilliant!

19. You sly dog you. :)

20. lol, our thoughts are meaningless to the universe. they only bear significance in our minds. the discussion on the matter is rather important to us tho, because when religion and politics are involved ur subjecting others to ur own beliefs and thats not really freedom is it?