The "Cause" effect. What Controls the Universe

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Arnack, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Well, one "cause" can manifest itself as multiple "effects".

2. Makes sense to me... will anyone else get IT?

3. But one effect cannot have many causes.

unless of course the multiple causes were somehow unitied to cause the single effect.

4. Why can't one effect have many causes? It could have hundreds, thousands, if not millions of causes.

5. #25 Cos Mic, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
    i just call it "Eight D[imensional]" and be done with it these days since hearing about the link between the properties of the subatomic particles and the 8 dimensional universal frameworks.
    logical error. there are lots of people in "bad neighbourhoods" who do not get beaten up. this is not the cause in and of it's self alone.
    again, this is a streatch of imagination to accept this as the cause too... there surely are many streets one could have moved too, indeed, one does not even need to live on a street. what a novel idea for u townies eh. :D
    this is hypothetical right? man what kind of a mad crash did that... a jumbo?
    oh. :D
    and IF all the other assumptions held true too
    i think we call that 4D. :D like movies. but it's interactive, so once the ball is rolling we can kick it again like in football, not like in bowling. we respond to the feedback. and is the outcome always the same? hindsight gives the ilusion.
    i think you're a budding/blooming genius. :)

i think alot of people are thingking this stuff out again. :D

6. its just how everything works
    everythin in the universe is built up from a bunch of smaller things
    even we are derived from smaller forms of molecules
    everything is controlled by everything
    but i honestly dont think the universe could ever be destroyed
    its just their and its all just an illusion i think the only way to truely destroy the illuison is to reveal it as being just that
    like when u wake urself up in a dream by forcing urself to realise that it is a dream.

7. A million. One million. A number. A myriad. (Language is filled with clues, dude.)

Yeah, reality.

I miss Cos Mic's posts! :D :wave:

It's personal and yes I believe you're on to something with this illusion-destruction thing. Naturally destruction would be illusory too, but that's the multiplicity (pseudo-point)!

8. #28 blowteinfluence, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    It indeed could.
    but lets try to put it in a equation

a(cause)=a(effect)

then since a(cause) could have infinite of effects, and since a(effect) could have a infinite of causes.

which would come out to.

Infinity(causes)=Infinity(effects)

thus everything may in fact be connected in some way.
    to make a greater whole.

9. #29 Arnack, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    Where did he go? Did I miss something?
    And I know I had a real crude example, it would take a while to fully detail it!

10. I've got as much time as you need. Cos Mic was posting a lot more frequently before. :)

11. A noticed that too.

I think if we fully detailed it, it would be beyond reasonable comprehension.

12. Darn...

13. i get what ur sayin for sure...me and my friends have discussed this while ripped before also. haha and it is mind bottling that every event that has ever happened in history all leads back to one moment. but here is somethin we came up with....now keeping in mind the cause n effect rule, u react to a situation that was brought up from a cause...then ur reaction forces another cause to occur..this in turn creating an effect. now wrap ur mind around this...look back on ur day and think about if u had reacted to a cause differently...and in philosophy its been said that every possible reaction has its very own dimension. so this would mean that every reaction u dont make is still played out but in its own dimension. so somewhere there is a dimension where ur living a life on decisions u havent made. haha so with this theory i wonder if in the majority of these dimensions im living a more content life than i am now. (not tryin to say im not happy with life im living now or anything..just crazy to think about)...:smoking: hope that makes some comprehensive sense...haha

14. As soon as you understand that all the dimensions that matter are deep within you, you will no longer be searching outside of you in this one.

15. thanks everyone now my head has exploded :smoking: