I think I might be kinda sorta psychic.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 0ri0n, Nov 11, 2013.

1. #1 0ri0n, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    This might be a long read, but it's no joke.

So for my whole life, since I was 12 or so, I've had this habit of totally separating my mind and body. I'd go through my day automatically, with no real mental effort, and just internalize and reflect on every scenario, like a constant internal monologue or commentary, noting all sorts of random, useless information. As a result I collect all sorts of knowledge subconsciously, that just lies dormant until a relevant situation comes up, and then it's at my disposal. I think it might fall under "savant" memory, idk, that would imply I'm autistic or something though. But due to that, I have an outstanding long term memory. I should also mention I'm very intuitive, 9/10 times my gut is absolutely right, my ass has been saved by listening to it, and my ass has been burned for ignoring it.
    So that brings me to the psychic part.

Around when I turned 14, with the help of this memory of mine, I realized I began to see the number 239 everywhere. It was the gas price on and off the whole summer, and I was 14, I didn't care about gas, but whenever I did happen to notice it, it was $2.39. It was my order number for food several times. When I looked at the clock, more often than what I think normal, it was 2:39. 

And it just so happens, that 239, was 23/9, september 23rd. It was homecoming, at that point in time, the best night of my life.

It happened again, two years later. 213. It was the room number of one of my classes. It was everywhere, even in Zelda OOT, I played it alot that winter and it was the solution to numerous puzzles. It was the number of my transfer bus. And it was my record for sparring matches after wrestling practice, 21/3, I quit shortly after christmas that year. Well in class 213, I sat next to one of my stoner friends (this was before I smoked) and I just assumed it was going to be my first time getting stoned, as I realized all this was coming together and I was getting open minded to weed because of all this time I'd spent with this kid in 213. 

February 13th it was. (I guess the order of the numbers might vary? It still makes sense though, 2/13) I remember, "Hey man, tell your mom you're helping me with an english video."
    I made a bong out of a bob marley tea can and we got really baked, and I walked around the basement for 2 hours listening to MGMT, thinking I was moving in slow motion.

Well I feel as though I've grown and matured immeasurably since those incidents, since I involved weed into my life I've begun to get super high, and just sit and philosophize, get into meta thought, and chaos theory, and death of course, and consciousness. I've devoted this part of my life to the ascertainment of the knowledge of the universe. I feel more spiritually sound, more aware of the state of all things, and I feel like I'm always learning from these meditative states. So I feel very certain about what's coming for me next, and I can just feel it, my life is really starting to go places, and I'm expecting big places. I realized last week, that there are also numbers that have been prevalent for a large majority of my life!

and 

314 was my bus number for 9 years.
    308 is the caliber of the gun my father and I have shared my entire life.

And I've been seeing them both very frequently lately. I started working at a fast food joint, same thing as with the gas prices, I don't pay attention to the order numbers I give people, but when I do happen to hone in, It's either 308 or 314, at least 1/2 times a day.  When I look at clocks, they are at 3:14 disturbingly often. Today I went into work to ask about my suspension, and the manager was nice enough to give me a free meal, and I shit you not, the receipt I had to sign said 3:08pm and my order number was 314.

So, I'm thinking, all of these numbers, when I've noticed their unusual habit of showing up frequently in my life, it's been shortly before the date. But there's two. So, 3/14, perhaps March 2014, and 308, March 8th? Think March 8th 2014 is going to be the best day of my life?

edit: I should clarify before anyone jumps on my dick, I am in no way claiming to be psychic, it's just the best word I can come up with right now.

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNOQUPmgbnY

3. What is that from?

4. The movie Pi...but you already knew that ;)

5. 23 is a big one for me..my birthday, michael jordan, they made a movie about it, ect

6. Have you ever heard of or looked into the law of attraction? You attract into your reality as to what you think about, including numbers. And what are you trying to achieve with this post? Validation from others as to your psychic ability?

7. No. I'm just wondering what people think of all this, it's an interesting concept

8. #8 4 Four 2 Twenty 0, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
    That's awesome bro. Call me crazy but the mayans said people were able to have psychic abilities and use telepathy back then.

9. Guess you didn't read my first question then which was 'Have you ever heard of or looked into the law of attraction? You attract into your reality as to what you think about, including numbers' This explains the same numbers appearing.

10. lol so first it was 239 , then 213, then 314 and 308?

u sure these numbers are that big of a coincidence?

11. I get that. But then there's the fact that it's happened twice already.

12. What do you mean?

13. What has happened twice?

14. i respect your thread and what u experienced with the numbers appearing constantly, but have u ever thought maybe your convincing yourself all these numbers are so significant therefore you notice them often?

manifesting physical reality from thought. it happens because our physical reality isnt made of solid matter, but consciousness

15. #15 turbotoke, Nov 11, 2013
    You are definitely not the first to experience this.  In fact it has a name, the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon, go ahead and Google it to learn more.  It may have a deeper implication but many people attribute it to nature of our brains to pick out information previously deemed important.  Once you think about it's perceived relevance there is the tendency to see it more often.  

Edit:  I just recently learned the name of this and have seen mention of it a fe times in the last week or two, that's like meta-level of the phenomenon. :laughing:

16. I am more intrigued with the fact that you are able to totally separate your mind and body. Can you expand on this?

17. But like, why those numbers, why shortly before the dates that awesome shit happened?

18. Might not quite be the best way to describe it. It's sort of like really bad dissociation. Or maybe if you have to to work hungover, how you just automatically do everything, almost by muscle memory it seems. That's how everything feels to me. Like it doesn't take any conscious thought to go through my day, I can do everything without any critical thinking, so I just kind of observe things around me and comment on it in my head

19. Numbers man.. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I wouldn't call you psychic. Most people have a set of numbers that will stand out to them when they happen across them. Like after 9/11, lots of people would go on about how they see 911 all the time. Most frequently while looking at a clock, like with your numbers.

If you're an introvert and keep most of your conscious thought to yourself, always observing, chances are when you're in observation mode, you'll observe the time often. You just never think about it if it has no meaning to you, until you happen to look and it does. It stands out at you, makes you focus on it.

Basically, if a set of numbers has a meaning to you, it's going to stand out. The meaning assigned to it might not even be a conscious meaning. Our brains are constantly processing information subconsciously, and not just processing in charge of operating the body. At some point, subconscious you may have deemed a set worthy or simply fucked up.. Then when you you sees it, you're drawn to it.

The sets people see usually come in 3's, why 3's? To me it's cleaner, neater. Our brains naturally strive for efficiency and organization. With 2 numbers, you only get so many possible combinations. With 4 numbers, you usually end up have the number split with a , to make it a thousand.. messy.. but with 3, they stay together and you can get 1,000 different combinations.

20. #20 GBaby803, Nov 11, 2013
    u probably look at numbers, dates, clock alot and dont even realize. U just selectively pick up on the certain numbers that have meaning to you and ignore the others.

Edit: regard my post and read above