10 Signs of Intellectual Honesty

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by shaddytheman, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Hello fellow blades, I just wanted to share an insightful the difference between intellectual honesty and intellectual dishonesty (which often could happen to ones who are easily tricked into using fallacies and such, also important when conversing into dicussion) here we go:

2. Where's this from?

3. The real synopsis is a person is a lying, dishonest POS or they are honest in all their dealings with people. I was at breakfast yesterday, the waitress gave me the wrong ticket, I went up to pay and asked about it. I could have saved $2.87, but see, I would have known and god would have known I was dishonest.

4. I think i meet some of the honest points.
    I always make fact based arguments when some douche has some far-off theory abuot aliens or some sich...
    I wish i lived in 18th century england so i could have intelectual conversatoins and shit...

5. Im definitely more honest to people i dont know than to people i know.

6. the way i see it:
    when you lie
    its like the person you lying to
    has power over you
    why cant i be honest? why should
    i lie?
    i think honestly often times is the best approach in life and betterment of
    the individual, but we all lie to our selves and to others to some extend, and we are all hypocrites to some degree or other.

7. Have you heard about some Christians leaving bibles instead of paying tips?

How do you feel about that?