Have you ever stopped to think..

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by blublapped92, Dec 14, 2011.

1. that perhaps the only reason everybody on here is so sketched out about all of this conspiracy stuff (i.e. Illuminati, FEMA camps, etc.) is because we all smoke weed and it induces paranoia? Like what good would it honestly do the government to put us all in camps or something, when we are the substance of the nation's existence? Nobody's going to profit from such a thing, because we're the consumers. What are your thoughts?

2. I don't think its the weed. Its because we constantly have to be paranoid about being caught by the police for smoking it, and that paranoia carries over in other aspects of life.

3. Well, their plan would be to lower the population immensely first. So they aren't concerned about taxes when they're doing that.

And I get paranoid about it and I haven't smoked in a week or so. I'm actually not usually high when I'm on this site.

4. #4 Solipsist NPC, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
    Ive been sober for over 6 months.

Hypothetically, if there are even FEMA camps:

No one is going to get forced into those camps. I think they built them as a backup plan.

You know, for if/when the US dollar becomes near worthless and the economy collapses. There will be food shortages, no electricity, no heat, etc. Survival will be tough.

So, wouldn't a smart government have camps, with food/water rations set up to deter people from rioting and going crazy in a worse case scenario? Instead of rioting, people could just opt for the FEMA camp you know.

I think the government thinks of them like insurance for a what if situation, not so much a "were going to force everybody in them and kill them for no reason" thing. Because your right, the government has absolutely not a single benefit of sending people there and killing them as of now.

5. And what would be the point of shrinking the population? The population is the very foundation of a country. All of it's power. For example, the ability to create a large military, or develop further. A lot of people have lot more good ideas as opposed to a few people. Just doesn't calculate.

6. You are correct, it doesn't add up. People who think the government is just going to commit genocide on there own people, even though they will get no benefit out of it, are crazy.

7. One world government.
    Less people are easier to control.

8. Look at many of the genocides throughout history. A government has committed genocide on its own people many many times.

9. [quote name='"likealoyal"']

One world government.
    Less people are easier to control.[/quote]

This. It's not a single country that wants power, it's the leaders of many countries; they're all in it together

10. Can somebody be so greedy as to slow to progress of an entire species? There own species?

11. [quote name='"blublapped92"']Can somebody be so greedy as to slow to progress of an entire species? There own species?[/quote]

People have and will do unthinkable things to other humans out of greed and fear

12. Thats like...the only thing happening in America right now.

13. Umm in a word...Yes.

14. [quote name='"blublapped92"']Can somebody be so greedy as to slow to progress of an entire species? There own species?[/quote]

Didn't hitler do this?

15. While I could see some practical applications for FEMA camps... Could you imagine if the National Defense Authorization bill was passed in to law and THAT is what they're going to use the FEMA camps for? Granted I'm just spitballin', but that would be some crazy shit. Why would they indefinitely detain tons of American citizens? Simply for the sake of maintaining power via instilling fear I guess.

16. I don't think they could pull that off anyways.

They couldn't detain this many people, and the ones that didn't get detained would be pretty damn pissed.

17. I think people are run by fear and cowardice more than you think.

18. People aren't just going to roll over when they imprison a 1/5 of our population...
    when EVERYONE knows multiple people that were taken.
    Other countries especially won't sit by and watch it happen either. At least not any time in the immediate future.

19. 1/5 of the population? That seems like an extremely steep statistic, even for conspiracy theorists :p you realize there aren't even 2 million people in our current prison systems, right? And we've got a fuckload of people imprisoned.

And it's not a matter of many people being imprisoned, it's the possibility that YOU can be next so you'd better not piss off the government or else they'll haul you away, lock you up, and throw away the key. Sounds pretty scary to me- scary enough to keep me from doing anything the government would frown upon.

You really think other countries are going to fuck with the US? Do you realize the implications of such an act of war? I might be inclined to agree with you if 1) We weren't a major super power of the world, pouring the most money globally into our military 2) we didn't have huge fucking oceans separating our country from most others lol

20. IDK I just read everyone else talking about it I don't really know much about all that. I just spat out 1/5 cause thats what people make it sound like.

But when obviously innocent people start getting jailed, people may not take action right away, but everyone will be pissed at the Govt when they keep using terrorism as an excuse. You would actually be surprised how many people are waking up, just people don't talk about it(which is the problem). You think people here on the weed forum are the only enlightened ones? Not saying that there aren't still a whole pen of sheople.