The earth is hollow....

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by HarryHash, Mar 31, 2011.

1. ...and inside is another "sun", oceans, and life. :rolleyes:

This one is definately a stretch for me, but with all these hot topics bouncing around, whats one more..

So the idea of a hollow earth has been around since the idea of flat earth was theorized. Scientists basically dispelled the "myths" of flat and hollow earth back in the 18th century. but what if they were wrong

with todays new technology, and conincidentially, lack of technology in certain places on earth, have really shed new light on this old topic. theres an astonishing amount of published books stating facts and evidence supporting the idea of hollow earth and what it could mean.

the basic idea is that our earths crust is around 500 miles thick, whcih is enough mass to generate gravity. On the other side of the crust (the inside) are oceans and continents sucked to the walls, with our outside oceans connecting with the inside oceans, via 1400 mile wide holes at both poles.

the "sun" inside would actually be a glowing piece of metal, suspended in the middle due to it being exactly in the middle of the planet. the gravity forces would be pulling on it in equal directions.

there wouldnt be nightime inside this earth, it would constantly be daytime, plants would have a contiuous growth cycle, enabling species of plants to grow to untold sizes. same goes for wildlife. no limit to size. the ambient temperature would be about 80 degrees f.

this is a link, this particular author has spent countless hours of his time, investigating all these different pieces of evidence and text about all things hollow earth. he keeps it interesting. check it out.
    The Hollow Earth Theory | THE TRUTH BEHIND THE SCENES

also if you go to google earth you cant look at either pole directly, its been blocked out by the government. so dont bother trying.
    theres also military bases on both poles only miles from the entrances.
    several pictures from space, show the oceans drain to the other side, and make hexagon shapes. this is typical when fluids are spun clockwise or counter clockwise.
    also hitler set up expiditions to investigate the theories. he was looking for life forms, hopefully human, to help him win the war. his men were met by the u.s. military and there were skirmashes. suspposedly, US subs and German uboats have made it to the other side, but havnt returned yet?!?

2. man this is suuuch an interesting theory :)

3. I don't know man.. I think whoever came up with this theory has a hollow skull

4. #4 HarryHash, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011
    maybe, its fun to think about. and theres alot that think its true.
    this vid shows it in 3d sorta. pretty cool perspective. at 5:00 shits gets tripppy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDhb67ZBF64]YouTube - Hollow Earth Theory 3D[/ame]

5. Didn't they already make a dumb movie about this with Brendan Frasier

6. "The hypothesis has long been contradicted by overwhelming observational evidence, as well as by the modern understanding of planet formation; the scientific community has dismissed the notion since at least the late 18th century."

7. wikipedia can be edited by anyone. dont write your term papers with it!

and i love Blast from the Past!!!! such a good movie. Oh my lucky stars, a negro!

8. Ah yes, the hollow earth theory. I will provide a picture at a later date which makes this a little easier to understand. It seems pretty crazy and far-fetched, but I am just fascinated by it, whether it's true or not.

9. this shit is pretty interesting..actually theres lots of "accounts" of people wandering into strange tunnels in really secluded areas of the world..

10. continuous growth cycles and untold growth sizes ? so marijuana cultivation would be better ? more danker weed ? yeahh, this might go somewhere.:smoke:

11. Wrong.

If the Earth is hollow, there's no iron and nickel in the core. This would mean that the Earth has no magnetic field. All life would be decimated by solar wind. It'd be like Mercury.

Also, there would be no convection currents in the mantle, and therefore no continental drift. Earthquakes and plate boundaries would be non-existent.

When the Earth was formed, why would it form into a hollow sphere and not collapse into a smaller, solid sphere?

This is a cool fantasy idea, but anyone who thinks there's even a SLIGHT chance of it being true needs a psychological evaluation.

12. I dont believe the earth is hollow, but i do want to know why they are blocking the poles on google earth, and why they have military bases there.....

13. [​IMG]
    This is the basic concept. True or not, idk..

14. Very possible it's hollow but I don't know about all that stuff inside of it. And the thing about the plants growing gigantic because they get light all the time...a plant's size is in its genetic code, not how much sun it gets

15. Our earth is like those china dolls, a small one inside a larger shell, and that larger one is in a even larger shell, and so on. Exactly like earth. I thought this was common knowledge... :confused_2:

16. Well it would completely throw out physics as we know it... and so far we have been pretty accurate with those physics. IE: predicting black holes, orbital patterns, gravitational constant.

I think the only planet that is a little 'goofy' is mercury, but they could have explained that by now.

Lastly I do not see how the metal chunk would be both suspended in the center AND hot enough to glow. Lastly (for reals this time, wouldn't it take fusion to create the necessary energy to both heat and create the proper photons?

17. Interesting premise. A couple reminders, however.

a. Why do we have gravity? Well, because of the mass of the Earth. Hence, if it is "hollow" as it's said, gravity wouldn't be as strong or at least uniformly dispersed.

b. The Earth does have areas with "holes". For example, the some oceans have deep, deep floors. However, that floor end somewhere.

c. Global warming is happening not because of the sun rays, but because of the heat of Earth's core. It's normal. If the earth was hollow, how would that happen?

d. If the Earth was hollow, I would expect some areas of the Earth to be flawed and have holes. Can you point out one?

If anyone has two more cents to throw in, feel free to do so.

18. very good mr. botantist. but do you know what species of plant are on the inside?? of course not.

19. The linchpin to the molten core model of the earth is the current reigning theory of gravity. I stress the word 'theory' here because that is all it amounts to, and a poor example of one at that. Allow me to explain. According to modern scientific understanding, because of the gravitational pull on all matter which comprises the earth, the deeper one goes into the earth's crust, the greater the pressure due to the cumulative effect of more and more matter above the point of reference (much like deep sea diving). It is a fair assumption I suppose. As the pressure grows, so too does the temperature, which increases up to a point that the rocks and other minerals liquefy. As you progress even deeper, the pressures become so intense that the core itself becomes a super-heated, incredibly dense solid mass of metal (cue applause for the marvels of the modern scientific mind!)

Much like a religion gone terribly wrong, on the surface everything seems to work out nicely and everyone gets an 'S' for satisfactorily playing together. If, however, you dig a bit deeper, you find a debris field of discarded and annoying evidence which stubbornly will not fit into this utopia of modern scientific explanation. Shall we examine a few?

The Kola borehole — The deepest hole drilled into the crust of the earth is located at the Kola Peninsula in Murmansk Russia and extends down 12,262 meters (7.6 miles). Earth scientists had a very precise agenda of pressures, temperatures and rock compositions they expected to encounter with each new depth as they drilled. Instead, they found that they were wrong on nearly all accounts as the Kola borehole produced one surprise after another. It was so astonishing that one scientist commented 'Every time we drill a hole we find the unexpected. That's exciting, but disturbing.' And a science reporter remarked: 'Kola revealed how far from truth scientific theory can roam.'

Anomalous acceleration of Pioneer probes 10 & 11 — As Pioneer probes 10 & 11 near the outer reaches of opposite ends of our solar system, they are slowing down each at an equal, albeit unexpected rate. Scientists, upon examination of this startling evidence are forced to throw up their hands and confess ignorance of the underlying mechanism at work (a.k.a. gravity).

Ultra-short-period planets — WASP-18b is a planet roughly 10 times the mass of Jupiter which completes an orbit around its sun in less than one earth day. Due to the immense gravitational tidal forces exerted on WASP-18b from its close proximity to its sun, its orbit should have degraded until it collided with the star millions of years ago. This unexpected behaviour has astrophysicists and astronomers exclaiming "Perhaps we really are missing some key bit of physics!"

Precession of a pendulum during a solar eclipse — The Allais effect or the precession of the plane of oscillation of a pendulum during a solar eclipse is but one of many anomalous observations and readings made during solar eclipses which seem to somehow alter the otherwise 'normal' gravitational flux experienced by an observer on the surface of earth. A satisfactory explanation has yet to be offered by the scientific community.

Tamarack mine experiment — In an effort to measure the convergence of the earth's gravitational field, two 4,250 foot steel cables were lowered into a mine shaft, each having a weight on the end. Instead of converging, it was discovered the cables actually diverged from each other. The results of the experiment translated to the earth having a center of gravity some 4000 miles out in space! No matter how many times this experiment was repeated, each time taking great care to rule out interference by pesky variables, the results were markedly different from those obtained when applying mainstream models for gravitation.

Einstein's cosmic 'fudge factor', the Lambda Coefficient — Einstein's most accomplished work, his theory of general relativity, was so deficient in describing the effects of gravity by his own admission, that he introduced a 'fudge factor' or lambda coefficient into his equations to cause them to more accurately conform to observable reality. We still herald general relativity as the opus magnum of science when it comes to our collective ability to define the mechanics of gravity. Why then did Einstein refer to lambda as the 'biggest blunder' of his life?

20. I think this whole idea is hogwash, but as a thought experiment, it's kinda fun.

How do you know that the gravity that we do have is not what it should be for a hollow Earth?

Have you measured the mass of the Earth, quantified it's gravity, and then compared those figured to a known solid sphere of similar proportions? Do you know anyone who has?

Even NASA hasn't, because they have not physically confirmed that any of the planets we've even landed probes on are solid. If you can believe that Earth is hollow, is it that much of a leap to believe that Mars is hollow too?

Our calculation on the mass of the planets - even Earth - are just calculations. We have not empirically verified any of it.

Again, I think Hollow Earth Theory is hogwash, but it's interesting to think about.