i think i have schizophrenia from marijuana

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by royce4weed2012, Mar 24, 2011.

1. ok well i smoking weed alot like 2 or 3 times a day for like 2 or 3 weeks straight, and i wasnt planning on quiting. but then i noticed when i wasnt high normal reality was not normal and just kind of messed up. heres some of the hallucinations i have when im not high... i will see flies for like 5 seconds and then there completely gone. i will see camera flashes every so often and sometimes it will occur at school and sometimes it will occur when im alone at my house. also here is some things that really creep me out, i was at school i didnt smoke weed that day at all and i was talking to my teacher and then she started speaking like gibberish and really weird for like 5 seconds and i have no hearing problems at all and i was like can you repeat that? then the exact same thing happened and she had a wide smile on her face which really creeped me out so i just decided to say ok and leave. then when i was sitting at my home i was talking to my friends while playing video games then i saw this mouse like run around and litteraly disappeared right in front of my eyes. but i will usally get 2 or 3 of these hallucinations a day. i have been smoking for probably 2-3 years now and probably around 300-400 times and i am worried i either have a tumor or schizophrenia. i haven't smoked for like 4 weeks and i am still having these minor hallucinations. also i do not know if this is related to this but i have also been having lucid dreams WAY more often ive have 4 lucid dreams in the past 7 days and its really rare to have a lucid dream for me so its weird how i am having more and also i have been having alot more deja vu like litteraly just 5 seconds ago i saw this web page somewhere in the past and i remember seeing it, but idk. i have heard from the internet marijuana can give you schizophrenia but i have never met anyone in my life that has had that happen. also if your just gonna comment troll or something like that then just dont comment at all because if you dont beleive me you can go fuck off. the only reason i have 2 post is becuase i go on this site to ask 2 things i dont really like posting on other stuff its kind of boring to me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. its not weed, and u should see a doctor.

3. You may wish to speak with your pediatrician concerning your current symptoms.

4. I doubt it's the weed, you've probably brought on a self-fulfilling prophecy by expecting weed to give to schizophrenia, somewhat a reverse placebo effect.

5. You should probably go see a doctor bro. But look at it this way, you might be able to get a perscription fo' bud!

6. I love how everyone here immediately dismisses the possibility of marijuana being a possible cause. Wishful thinking?

7. Sad, but true.

8. Incredibly sad. Some stoners are just as ignorant as drug propaganda warriors that try to demonize marijuana.

9. I don't know...the shit's pretty great...

10. You really think it's the weed? Marijuana use can bring out schizophrenia in those already pre-disposed to the disorder. It's not like OP would have been fine for life if he just never smoked bud. (assuming he's schizophrenic)

11. Thanks for proving my point, even though I'm pretty sure you were attempting to refute it.

12. Actually the jury is still out. There does appear to be a link between schizophrenia and early marijuana usage, but also seems to be primary amongst those already predisposed to having the disease.
    Here is a rather interesting article;

Does Marijuana Cause Schizophrenia? | Robert Lindsay

13. I think if you have schizophrenia, marijuana can certainly bring it out. Marijuana has seemed to intensify my autism.

14. Yeah I'm starting to feel the same. You know when you smoke and you feel like everyone's looking at you? I'm starting to feel like that alot now. I also feel like everyone is talking about me whenever I hear parts of a conversation. Weird "lucid" dreams. They aren't lucid but I can't explain them. I have alot of the symptoms. Also life just doesn't feel real in a way.

If I do have schizophrenia I'm just gonna blow my brains out before it gets bad.

15. nah dude, the op would've had schizo anyway it's just it came out a bit earlier than it would have.... maybe if you read my point you would understand this.
    It's not smoke weed >2 years down the line> go schizo

16. Any drug can ignite a mental disorder. Environmental factors such as drug use and instigate a gene to cause basically any mental disorder.

17. Try to relax, it's probably not schizophrenia. You wouldn't know if you were developing schizophrenia because you would be unable to distinguish your delusions from reality. A schizophrenic is usually the last person to think they're going crazy. The mere fact that you are able to recognize that your experiences are hallucinations is a good sign.

Also, random hallucinations are not as uncommon or problematic as they sound. Many people experience them at different times. The phrase "your mind is playing tricks on you" exists for a reason: being tired, distracted, agitated, paranoid, or bored can all make you perceive the world in a strange and inaccurate way, including perceiving movements in the corner of your eye and assigning meaning to sounds that you unconsciously ignore most of the time. Our senses detect an enormous amount of information that our brain never processes to a conscious level, so if your mind starts paying conscious attention to these inputs for some reason, it appears to be a hallucination. I have personally had some of these same symptoms even before I started smoking (particularly the thing where you're listening to someone talk and their words stop making sense), but I never did anything about it because when I mentioned it to people I got a surprising number of "Yeah, me too!" responses.

That being said, if it's really bothering you or if it doesn't go away, talk to a doctor. Mental illness is nothing to mess around with.

18. If you think you have schizophrenia, go talk to someone who can tell you if you do or not. And don't smoke anymore if you do...smoking bud makes schizophrenia worse. It doesn't cause it though

19. If ypu have feelings of schizophrenia you should go see a psychiatrist. You may want to quit smoking altogether because it may not be the cause but it is not the solution either. Schizophrenia is genetic so if anyone in your family has it, it is entirely possible you inherited it. You need to find a psychiatrist as possible, they will put you on anti - psychotics and you will be balanced. but......................if you don't want to do pills you can take shrooms and find you inner being and try to sort it out by yourself... don't do that. unless you want to. Not a suggestion. or is it. try it. don't.

Good Luck, man.

20. MJ didn't cause it. Maybe you had an underlying problem to begin with?