Amanita Muscaria Caps ONLY

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by PISSDRUNKhuh?, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Apparently some kindah mushroom, erowid isn't working on my iPhone right now so any incite is appreciated

2. Shroomery.org FTW

3. Thanks brotha, u might not know but I'll ask any way, I was reading somewhere that if you fall asleep on these you like go into a coma or something?! True or false....

4. Nothing like psilocybes, AT ALL. Don't confuse them or you'll be in for an unpleasant time. You will not fall into a coma if you go to sleep on these, it happens to a lot of people, even myself included.

Search the forums, I know that I've posted in a few threads made on this subject and that I've posted a decent bit of info as well.

5. Alright, I'll do a more extensive search tommorow when I have snuff energy to find my laptop charger

6. i thin i heard smoking them gives a better experince

7. They make you sick. Do NOT do them, they are poisonous.

8. Amanitas is good when you smoke it. If you eat it, holy fuck, it is a really really bizarre body trip. Almost everyone I know who has had them hates the trip, but smoking it is rather nice and pleasant. Oh yeah, and you feel like you are horribly ill with something totally brutal when you are coming up from a oral dose.

9. The best thing to do is to dry them in an oven with the door open (don't have the exact temp but it's out there) since heat converts the ibotenic acid into muscimol thus avoiding most of the horrible sick feelings that you'd get when eating it.

You can also (my preferred method) smoke the dried skins mixed up in a bowl. It doesn't give me any stomach problems or much of a body load (like an oral dose will).

These mushrooms are always put down, but if really learn to respect them and what they do you can still have a good time. You get what you give, especially with these, do your research and be prepared.

10. myth. do your research before you give advice.

certain kinds are poisonous but if you get the right kind you'll be fine. when it comes down to it, most people have a bad experience because of bad preparation. check out the shroomery, by far the best website you'll ever find concerning mushrooms.

11. within a few degrees of 190 degrees F
    but thats for making tea
    -shroomery

12. I've never heard of Amanita tea, that's something new to me.. I just remember it was an article about eating them and it explained that low temp and the open door for a short amount of time causes the ibotenic acid to convert to muscimol.

I've done it that way before, both for eating and smoking without any issues at all.

13. these are perfectly legal to posses right? i hear they are.

like you could order them online becuase they dont contain physclobin (sp?) right?
    are they even any good?

14. Hey check out this thing called jwh-018, it is the most legit I have seen around that is readily available.

15. is that the shit thats in like spice and that shit.. my friend had spice and said it was really good

16. No, Amanita Muscaria is poisonous. There are also no other 'kinds' of Amanita Muscaria. It is poisonous, and although deaths are rare, it can damage the liver in large doses. So I think you need to do your research before you shoot people down and give out potentially dangerous advice.

17. actually it has very trace amounts of toxins and if prepared right then there's nothing to worry about.
    many amanitas are poisonous but the amanita muscaria is not poisonous. it is listed by the "FDA" as a poison. they lie about so many things, so why should we take their word for it when it comes to anything mind-altering?
    if it is not properly prepared, then one can feel unpleasant side effects, or even become ill, but when prepared right it is completely safe.
    and anything in large doses can be harmful.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_info7.shtml

18. #18 weedski, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
    The fatal dose of Amanita Muscaria is considered to be around 15-20 caps, but the amount of toxins can vary greatly from mushroom to mushroom. It can also cause delirium and central nervous system depression, seizures and coma in severe poisonings.
    But you are right, that when cooked a large amount of toxins are broken down and the toxins are also water soluble. I have heard however, that mucimol trips are very unpredictable and rather unpleasant and that psilocybin trips are much nicer anyway.

19. #19 struckwithfear, Sep 7, 2009
    i think the reason most people are shocked or experience unpleasant effects is because they expect a psilocybin related trip, and get alarmed when they feel something different.

amanita muscaria trip is completely different, most people try psilocybe shrooms first and then compare the muscarias to them.

20. #20 weedski, Sep 7, 2009
    Here is a trip report from someone else on the City:

Of course, everyone is different but I must admit I have not heard many things about this mushroom.

EDIT - Some more snippets of experience ;)