How much APAP will make you sick/kill you?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by J SiZ, Sep 3, 2009.

1. I'm interested to see how much APAP in prescription medicine will hurt and or kill you.

Thanks.

2. Somewhere around 3-5g of APAP is lethal (or lethal in chronic doses?), I'm not 100% sure.

Look it up on wiki like everyone else, lazy ass.

3. Seriously man. I dont see why noobs always come here to the box expecting everyone to do their research for them.

It's called the internet: USE IT!!!

4. The Lethal Dose 50 (LD50) test involves the administration of a substance to a group of animals at increasing doses in order to determine the dose that kills 50 percent of the test subjects within a set time frame. As defined here: LD50 - major test for toxicity (killing)

“In adults, single doses above 10 grams or 140 mg/kg have a reasonable likelihood of causing toxicity. In adults, single doses of more than 25 grams have a high risk of lethality.”
    Acetaminophen: Basic Profile / Key Facts

The LD50 of acetaminophen is pretty high -- I came across a bunch of conflicting estimates, but it looks like somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 milligrams per kilogram (2.2 pounds) of body weight ... but far smaller doses, especially if repeated, can cause severe liver damage as noted below:
    Medical News: Acetaminophen Leading Culprit in Drug-Induced Liver Injury - in Gastroenterology, Liver Transplantation from MedPage Today

5. One thing worth noting is that APAP poisoning doesn't show symptoms for about 3 days, by which time your liver is already shutting down and dying.

Sometimes it can be somewhat reversed but it usually ends up with you getting a new liver or dying.

6. So i'll be fine if i took like 2000 apap two days ago, 2000 yesterday and i cold water filtrated about 15 pills today?

7. You "should" be ok, every one reacts differently. if i take that much my Liver hurts the next day (inflamed) just be careful, you are dosing high and on a daily basisis right now. Livers recover fairly easily, if you dont overdo it.

8. okay, thanks.