Joint pain, can I get a prescription?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Blunt Washinton, Jul 10, 2009.

1. I have a small condition that I wont get into but it can cause severe joint pain. Luckily I only have mild or even less than that. I can still play sports and all but I can def feel the fire in my knees/elbows/neck at time

Im sure my doctor knows of this if I say its very painfull and ask for something to help do you think I can get a script for anything good?

2. Nah, probably not unless your like 80.

Just use ibuprofen.

3. Good ol ganja

4. They wont give you anything good, maybe some prescription ibuprofen. Definitely nothing narcotic

5. yeah, absolutely no narcotics...sorry bro

6. It all depends on how you present it to your doc. You dont have to lie, but you can bend the truth a tad bit...

7. yea palliative treatments are usually reserved for the seriously ill or elderly, sorry bro. everyone else they just figure that they can learn to deal with it.

8. I dunno why so many people say its so hard to get em.. I am pretty young and still get em... w/o nothing wrong.. Lie alittle big and be clean cut (no tats showing, shave, nice haircut etc) Say you was on them before but you just lost your job and you dont have insurance anymore etc.. research is your friend :) (so is pm's) :D:D

9. ... and you're the reason people that actually need these medications can't get them as easy as they actually should. As someone who suffers from hip dysplasia and is in chronic pain this is the kind of thing that just ticks me off a little bit because you know what, I can't even get narcotics. Not saying you aren't in pain but you claimed that there is nothing wrong so... (don't take this too harsh it's just incredibly frustrating).

Anyways good look OP, I'm sure you'll figure something out that works but as the others have mentioned I doubt you'll get anything 'good'

10. I don't know, I kinda agree with the no-narcotics crowd. NSAIDs (like ibuprofen, etc) are quite effective for joint pain so unless it's really serious condition, or something degenerative, then you'd probably just get recommended to take Advil, MAYBE a script for Tramadol if you're lucky.