Shroom season....

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Barnkis, May 1, 2009.

1. hey if i go look for shrooms and find some would you be willing to looks at pics to help identify them.

2. yes id be glad to help. where are you going to look for them at. me or someone else should be able to ID them. and if not surely someone on shroomery will be able to

i wanna see some. damn i need to go get some

3. Is this considered trespassing? There are a few cow pastures about 30 minutes from me, but i'm not trying to go there and have some farmer chasing me with a 12 gauge. Or worse yet, see those flashing blue lights by my car when I come back from picking

4. well of couse it is but either you ask permission from the owner and the only thing youll have to worry about is being caught with illegal shrooms by the cops, or you just trespass when no one is around.

5. I can't wait to get out there. Fresh psilocybin mushrooms are legal in Florida because after a court case they are not seen as containers of psilocybin(lmao). The only thing you have to worry about is trespassing.

6. #46 Barnkis, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    Naww no one owns the land it's just natural fields.

Yeah, it's just been getting warm and sunny right?

7. [quote name='Barnkis']Naww no one owns the land it's just natural fields.QUOTE]

natural fields haha thats epic

8. What's funny lol? it's a natural clearing

9. ya, a meadow as opposed to a pasture. you city kids crack me up.

10. haha i thought you were being sarcastic and saying that the land was just land that no one ever claimed. i dont know i was really high haha.

but what species do you do that with?

11. #51 Barnkis, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    pan subs, libs, and in the woods i get gymnopilus junonius

12. Any luck yet Barnkis? I wanna see some pics of your 1337 yields

13. I got probably 3-4 dried grams, idk yet they're still wet and i might just eat them tonight.

I don't start pullin the real weight for another month or 2.

14. Well best of luck to you! I'm a virgin cube~ picker but i plan on changing that this year.

15. Good luck!

Tripping on hand picked shrooms is great, it always feels better for some reason.

16. i fully agree. i have yet to eat dried shrooms or even buy them for that matter. after yo pick them it feels like youve earned them, and developed a relationship with them. and if your nice to them, theyll be nice to you. unless your a dick

17. I really want to find some "laughing Jim" mushrooms again in my area. I personally usually pick russulas and boletes (sp?) and oysters and morels around here(VA). When I went to a mushroom foray in the allegheny mountains, I accidentally found a lot of laughing jims and didnt ID them correctly, and when i asked an experienced mycologist, he told me what they were and his experiences with them, but wouldnt give them back to me. hehe

18. I was planning on taking a shroom hunting trip soon, never done it before, is there anywhere in so cal to look? Its pretty hot and dry out here.

19. #59 Barnkis, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
    Find what shrooms grow in your area: Shroomery - Which psilocybin mushrooms grow wild in my area?

Then look up what conditions they grow in. That's a start anyways.

California (Southern)
    Inocybe corydalina
    Galeropsis sp.
    Gymnopilus luteofolius
    Panaeolopsis sp.
    Panaeolus castaneifolius
    Panaeolus cinctulus
    Psilocybe "cyanofriscosa"
    Psilocybe "meridianus"
    Psilocybe subaeruginascens

20. yo, barkins. I've been reading up and am gonna go hunting this season. I know liberty and wavy caps grow here, so do stunzii's. There is the uh, swampish place, lots of water and fallen trees dead wood and such. Its raining hard for the last few days, if i checked it out tomarrow you think i would find anything? I havent even seen any mushrooms this year yet :p
    I live in BC, lower mainland and i know its a hotspot for mushies....

All the cow feilds around here are kept though, mowed grass so i dont think i could find any caps. Shit....
    Anyhow... You think i should check the area with the moisture/wood out? Im thinking stunzii's might be there, but its not season yet... everything i have read says they grow in september or later, would there be any now? Tempature is a little on the chilly side, not frozen, maybe 10 celcius?