They're going to outlaw our pets, too! (H.R. 996)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Virtue 7, Mar 28, 2013.

1. H.R.996 - Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act - Titles | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

--------

H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write) | United States Herpetoculture Alliance

Petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/uni...utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

2. bunch of pussies. i fuckeinisnignsig HATE the pricks who get paid to make these laws up outta their asses. bunch of empty suit fuckeheads!

3. Where does the corruption end? More importantly, where does the liberation begin?

I think about shit like Tiananmen Square.. This wasn't even that long ago! The people of Beijing just forgot about it and continued on with their lives. Will something greater happen with us? Or would we just be quieted while society forgets?

4. should've seen this coming when they made everyone get licenses for fishing hahaha.

5. Where does it say they're taking our pets in the article? Why always expand the truth of a bill?

6. All animals deemed not to be "domesticated enough" will be banned and any animal currently within the United States that falls under this category will be "disposed of". If your pet is not on the following list, they will be considered "unaccepted species":
    - cat
    - cattle/oxen
    - chicken
    - common canary
    - dog
    - donkey/ass
    - geese
    - duck
    - ferret
    - gerbil
    - goat
    - guinea pig
    - goldfish
    - hamsters
    - horse
    - llama
    - mule/hinny
    - pig/hog
    - rabbit
    - sheep

So any reptile or amphibian, arachnids and other insects, hermit crabs, any bird other than the common canary, any fish other than the goldfish, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, chinchillas, degus, rats/mice, and other common pets that are not listed above will be banned and killed. Note that many of these animals are currently available at national pet store chains (such as Petco and Petsmart), as well as through local pet stores and breeders.

7. Tougher wildlife import restrictions proposed by US

Yes. Our pets. I don't know what you're talking about when you say "always expand the truth of a bill".. Perhaps you could research it yourself before you say something like that?

8. Definitely signed.

Ridiculous, is one word that comes to mind.

9. Insanity. Bizarre. Corruption.

Just another few lol

10. I thought I'd leave a few for everyone else ;)

11. Should have known something was up when people weren't allowed to slaughter animals.

12. So dogs and cats are still okay?

Were cool.

Just don't take my puppy :(

13. that's how it starts, with people thinking that way. next they will come for cats and dogs, too many kids to support you say? they have never stopped and they never will until we all stand together and say, enough of this shit.

14. I don't think that these restrictions are necessary.

But when someone's pet lion gets loose and kills some people, I don't want any fucking crybabies saying "Oh the government should have banned their lion!!"

15. Even if there were "crybabies".. There wouldn't be many.

16. People never like to think they failed themselves, it's always some outside influence to blame for their problems.