Some stuff you may not know when pulled over

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Matthewtrippy, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Bingo!

If a cop wants to search your car, your car will be searched before it leaves. A cop is NOT gonna stand there and let you win an argument. That would be like him giving you control of the scene. It's a power trip and he needs to win.

You want to exercise your rights? You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say WILL be used against you. Keywords will be carefully selected from your sentences and assembled to build a case against you. They are your words - you said them. Why do you think cops want you to talk in the first place? Cops are trained, compare notes, and have a lot more practice at this than you do. So why open your mouth and GIVE it to them? You have the right to remain silent, and you have the right to hire a trained mouthpiece to speak for you. If you cannot afford one, a warm body with a hangover will be appointed for you.
    But if a cop decides he wants to do a search, right or wrong, a search will be done and he will take his paycheck and go home. It's Friday night and court opens Monday morning. There's a hard way and an easy way to do this. Take a minute and think about that.

2. Sure they can do pretty much whatever they want on the streets, but that doesn't mean it's going to fly in court.

There have been plenty of instances of dismissed court cases due to inadmissible evidence, and I imagine any officer with a extensive history of dismissed court cases isn't going to be looked on very favorably by their superiors.

3. Keeping your car clean is good IF you get pulled over. However, if you do things to keep from getting pulled over you are better off.
    1. Check your lights, Head, Tail, Turn, Clearance, and License. This is the first reason a LEO uses to stop you.
    2. Don't text/talk while driving. If you swerve, cross the yellow line you will get pulled over. I had a LEO in my reserve unit and he told me this stuff.
    3. If you get stopped, turn on the interior light (at night) and put your hands on the steering wheel. A LEO will be more relaxed if they feel/see you are not a threat to their safety.
    4. Put a military sticker on the car and point to it when saying people have died defending your rights...
    5. Don't be an asshole when talking to them. Stand your ground politely and never mumble anything!

4. You sir are fucking right.... Just shut up and move along with it.... I would rather spend 5 minutes getting searched, than to waste a weekend in a county jail all because I get into some dick argument about rights....

5. Even a military sticker will not help, and don't speak unless if the cop tell you to speak..... You will still get searched

6. I've personally witnessed someone refuse a search and watched the cop threaten to call in a K-9 unit, but when the driver wouldn't relent, everyone was released without a search.

Yeah sometimes they'll search anyway, but certainly not all the time.

7. [quote name='"GaryOkay"']Few of my rules:
    1. Don't drive like a idiot (or on any substance eg alcohol, weed)
    2. Don't carry weed on you or where the cop will most likely look (see rule 4)
    3. Keep your car clean (so the cops is less likely to ask you to get searched)
    4. Don't refuse a cop search (Really, its annoy cops and waste your time and their time, eg I would rather spend 5 minutes for cops to search my car, rather than 5 hours arguing with the cop about some stupid rights... Yeah, even though you can refuse a search, I personally don't like that attitude in people, because they are just doing their jobs)

Well, here my rules.... follow these and its easy[/quote]

This guys a cop

8. Because I like to travel with weed because I usually don't go home I got pulled over a few times and it worked I was like holy shit it worked I had a oz next to my registration

9. #29 GaryOkay, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    Its can happen..... But many cops will just waste your time till you say yes. Keep your car clean (in which im sure you do) and most cops will let you free, and maybe give you a traffic ticket (if you break any traffic laws or whatever)

In Thailand (particularly near the borders areas), there are heaps of military roadblocks, and the cops and the army will fully search your car. And trust me, if you try and argue with them, they will fucking jail you

10. Ya got a ticket for my tail light I didn't even know lol

11. They can't detain you forever. If you actually have something illegal on you, it would be in your best interest to refuse a search.

12. Cops need probable cause to search your vehicle. All they have to say is one sentence; I smell Marijuana.

13. I never write in concrete terms, here or elsewhere, when commenting on human interactions. I always leave myself a way out because "There are no absolutes, except for the statement: 'There are no absolutes'."

When I was young I saw most things in black and white, but as I got older I started seeing more gray areas, especially when it comes to human relations. There are an infinite number of variables that make predictions pretty much a crap shoot.

14. [quote name='"Fizzly"']
    If push comes to shove, depending on the particular cop and the situation, we don't have any rights to give up.[/quote]

Well when push comes to shove, and im in court and i tell the jury that i explicitly told the cop i did not give consent to search my car, the evidence could be thrown out.

I was at a party at a friends house. At the end, only 6 kids were there and the alcohol was away. Cops just walk into the house, demand to know where the booze is and charge my friend.

All charges were dropped because they didnt have permission to be in the house....so no dude im not gonna give up my rights lol

15. You kids are so clueless. You should smoke more pot and pay less attention to what's going on in the world. :rolleyes:

As of January, 2012, this president and all presidents going forward can capture, detain indefinitely without access to a lawyer, torture, or kill anyone, anywhere in the world -- including you.

Obama sued over indefinite detention and torture of Americans act

The NDAA Abolishes Civil Liberti

And the latest, from last week:

"JSoc: Obama's Secret Assassins

The president has a clandestine network targeting a 'kill list' justified by secret laws. How is that different than a death squad?"

JSoc: Obama's secret assassins | Naomi Wolf | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

I repeat, and stand by what I said: Americans no longer have any rights. Just these two acts above (not to mention all the previous ones) have reversed nearly a thousand years of hard-won rights, those won by common Englishmen against the king in the Magna Carta in 1215 AD -- upon which much of our now-defunct Constitution and Bill of Rights were based on.

Anecdotal stories of cops deciding not to fuck with you, or a court throwing out a case for whatever reason, does not mean that you asserted your rights and they backed down. They are arbitrarily allowing you to slide because they feel like it.

True rights are inalienable and are not granted by men or arbitrarily retractable by men.

Read a few of these articles and tell me about Americans and their rights: Pro Libertate

16. When i got my dui, as soon as i was asked to step out of the car okay ill put my window up and lock the doors. got out, was putting my window up then mid reach for the lock, i was slammed into the side of my car. Had over 500 bucks worth of headshop shit all in my car, all confiscated. fuck.

17. #37 kancastank, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    [quote name='"Fizzly"']

Anecdotal stories of cops deciding not to fuck with you, or a court throwing out a case for whatever reason, does not mean that you asserted your rights and they backed down. They are arbitrarily allowing you to slide because they feel like it.
    ][/quote]

Lol they didnt allow us "to slide", the cops went against the 4th amendment, which is one of our rights, and lost because they werent allowed to search the house. Same thing can happen with my car if i deny a search.

I totally agree with you that the government is fucked and have complete control, but that doesnt mean im gonna stand down and hand over my rights.

If a cop pulls me over and i have alcohol in my car, since i am not 21 and dont want him to find it, i will not consent to a search. That will give me a chance of getting off completely unscathed.

If i follow your logic, ill let the cop find the booze and ill get in trouble for it. Why not just try and deny the search so that he doesnt find it? That makes zero sense to me lol

You are arguing against me for something im not even talking about. If i had said "the cops cant do shit, im just gonna assert my rights and ill be safe", then all this shit youve been sayin would make sense. What im trying to get across is that even if it wont work, i will still try and assert my rights in hopes that it works and that the cop wont find whatever im hiding. I want to give myself a chance, im not just gonna completely give up because im told to.

If everyone just rolled over because there was some higher power controlling them, we wouldnt be living in the country that we live in lol

18. Be polite seriously if you're a dick to the cop he's not going to give you any breaks you just need to be polite but firm and if you're driving with bud don't give him any reason to pull you over I always hear in the news about someone being found with a ton of weed in their car because they were doing 100+ on the freeway or tried to run away from the cop after he pulled them over for a minor trafic violation they have no idea you have weed so don't give them any idea you do also I have a rule don't break the law when you're breaking the law

19. The stuff I posted is just what's going today in America. I never posted my opinion of what I would do -- or what anyone else should do.
    I don't have any problem with that, but you're so focused on your anecdotal stories about traffic law you don't seem bothered by the repeal of the rights of common men against the arbitrary rule of kings, which was established in 1200, or the fact that the president could order you captured, caged, tortured and/or killed tonight.

Hey, we've all got our priorities.

"Living in the [presumably good] country that we live in"? This country sucks compared to how it used to be. This is my whole point: you are not free, you have no actual, natural rights as the Founders described them -- which did exist at one time.

Haha, being young, you have no historical perspective. The noose was 3/4 tightened when you were born. I remember when we really were pretty free here. You cannot relate to that because you didn't live it.

20. You know all cops? NO, not all are AH's and many are prior military.