Washing your hands in dirty public bathrooms has finally been proven to be useless...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by tHe LoNLy StOnR, Oct 10, 2012.

1. We all know public bathrooms are the place where the nastiest germs gather; a Sodom and Gomorrah for germs, if you will. Now think about this: there are hundreds of the most filthy people using these bathrooms everyday. You'd hazard to shake these peoples hands, but yet you use the same bathroom as them; the same bathroom these people drop their deuces.

Right. So it goes without saying that if you wash your hands then you possibly protect yourself from these germs right? HELL NO! It's all part of the soap and toothpaste conspiracy. YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED!

People use their germ ridden hands to turn on the water, so after you wash your hands, you reinfect yourself with the amalgam of germs that has been collecting on the tapheads for years. Does this not make washing your hands redundent?

2. I always thought it was the constant scratching of my balls that made hand washing redundant.

3. Can you post a reference in science.
    Watch rhett & links bathroom song on YouTube and learn how to wash your hands right in public places

4. Modern world, automatic taps.

5. Well I always use my wrist/forearm to turn off sinks when it has the handle, so...

Granted I only really wash my hands a short amount of the times I use public restrooms. Like at work, if somebody is there by me I'll do it, but if I'm in there alone I just say fuck it

Or like if I'm hanging with friends I wont do it usually. But if we're doing something like playing cards then I will

6. ^^ Now you see the conspiracy, don't you? How many times do you get sick per year? How many times do those people who don't wash their hands and those who use public bathrooms get sick every year? Washing your hands doesn't protect you from shit. I know that in a hospital setting hygeine is important, but at home and in public bathrooms it's unnecessary. We have been duped by the soap industry.

7. That's pretty disgusting. You shouldn't want to wash your hands just because of what someone will think. It's really unsanitary. lol and at work... wtf

8. I very strongly disagree, public bathrooms nowadays have automatic taps so washing your hands is effective against germs. Just because you don't get sick doesn't mean your hands aren't dirty. If not washing hands didn't matter then explain why when someone gets sick at an elementary school, lots of people seem to get sick. My guess would have to be the fact that a lot of them don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. Really, think about it..

9. What I'm trying to say is that flu is spread through the air and not, or rather a negligable amount of infections are contracted, through touch. This misinformation is all part of the soap industry's conspiracy to drain us of our income. Those dollars add up.

Or do you still agree? What do you guys think? Get some statistics.

10. The flu is just one basket of viruses. There's plenty out there that you need to consider besides the flu.

I don't see how washing your hands is less effective than not.

And when did soap become bad? Humans invented it way before some corporation decided to get in cahoots with a government.

It's clearly useful.

Just take a look at the first use of antisceptics in Hospitals. The difference it made was enormous and hospitals are far more germ ridden than any bathroom.

11. You only catch diseases if you worry about them known fact.

12. I wash thoroughly in a public bathroom, but if you then grab the door handle when you leave it's all a waste IMO.

If there's nobody around and the waste can is next to the door, I'll open it with the towel I dried my hand with, hold the door open with my foot and throw the towel out.

If that isn't possible and the handle is a vertical bar I'll use my pinky to open it.

The big thing to remember is that no matter what, the standard cold virus will probably not transmit unless you rub a mucous membrane (nostril, eye, etc.) with your infected hand. It cannot penetrate dry skin.

13. #13 tHe LoNLy StOnR, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012

What was he talking about? AIDS? Was he talking about kids spreading AIDS and cancer in school, or could it possibly have been influenza? :snarky:

Until you can prove that not washing your hands can cause you to get sick, I'll keep scratching my ass before I fry my customers burgers.

That's more like washing soap; the Romans, the human sacrifice thing and the ash in the river, is what you're talking about right? I think it only was only in the past century that we started noticing that washing our hands is dangerous. But that was under hospital conditions; open wounds can easily get infected, open mouths, not so much, so the mouth breathers can live another day.

I like totally said that some kind of disinfectant in a hospital setting is needed, but the extentto which handsoap is used today is outrageous. You stand a higher chance to get sick by walking barefoot around the house, than by not washing your hands for a week. And by sick, I'm including a cold an fever.

And it's not that hospitals are more germ ridden, the inverse is actually true, it's just that the patients have compromised immune systems - be that from open wounds to whatever. Not many people get sick from a hospital visit; you have hospitals and clinics mixed up.

14. Use Dr Bronners soaps. Most of these "soaps" nowadays are actually caustic detergents that any sane person would not use on their bodies

15. I use my foot to flush the chain if i'm not using a urinal.

Thankfully a lot of places are now using these sensor taps/ soap dispensers.

I must admit I hate washing my hands in public bathrooms... especially if i'm using the bathroom to wash my hands before eating. If it's a turn tap and not one of those press down ones then I turn it off with my wrists or the sleeve of a jumper.

16. or stop being lazy and start using paper towels to touch everything.

sure, they may not be the cleanest, but they don't have your balls or the dude who's hand you just touched ball's on them.

if it's one of those touchless bathrooms then destroy it in a fit of hulk-rage. preferably if others are in there. sure make's a point.

17. Why would I wash my hands? I piss rainbows and shit marshmallows. If anything I should be licking them clean.

18. Yer a girl?

19. Glory holes in public bathrooms are the filthiest.

20. And you know this how . . . ?