Why cant we talk about other drugs?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Are My Eyes Ok, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let me first begin by saying that i very much like grass city and the community that inhabits it - so i am in no way insulting this website - I am however very much confused as to why we cannot discuss other drugs. Or, to be more specific, i do not understand why they cannot be discussed in the 'Pandora's Box' forum - it does after all brandish the sub-heading "if you don't want to play with Pandora, dont come to the box".

Now I'm not insinuating that Pandora's Box be turned into a quasi-Erowid-imitation but what i am saying is that a forum in which Holocaust Denial,Conspiracies,Doomsday theories, and anything controversial for that matter, can be discussed at length and yet topics involving other illicit substances (even legal ones for that matter) are prohibited. An argument i often hear on this subject is "It's called GrassCity for a reason" - notice it isn't called 'ConspiracyCity' or 'ControversyCity'; that is the reason for the Pandoras Box. It should therefore be okay to discuss other drugs which would otherwise deem 'controversial' to other members of a marijuana orientated website. If they dont want to read about it, dont "come to the box" or at very least dont click on a thread concerning it. One could argue that Marijuana's legal status is capricious depending on country and isn't wholly illegal but then from a legal standpoint it isnt illegal to of tried, for example LSD, and then write about it... Having previously tried something isn't a punishable offence. On a forum where i could write about the illegitimacy of a catastrophic world event and give my personal standing (completely uncensored) why can i not also mention that: "I had the most awful trip on LSD has anyone else been through this?".

Consider also the purpose of having a community, under a particular sub-culture, such as this. It's sole perogative is to promote the exchange of knowledge,advice,humour, and opinions, all from the perspective of the aforementioned sub-culture (Stoners). That is why GrassCity contains a plethora of different forums under a multitude of categories. So why bestow such manacles on a community? I personally use GrassCity more than i do facebook - if anything I find I can talk about more things on here than on facebook and i find the community to be far superior - so then why should i have to divert from a website that i spend most of my internet time on, just to ask a single question about a drug that isn't marijuana (and more often than not the community of whom i ask are a bunch of assholes anyway). Whilst i am aware it wouldnt physically take long to alternate websites, it is moreso the fact that if i stumble across a good, worthwhile, community of which i am glad to consider myself apart of; I would want to ask them my questions, not some other assholes.

That is the end of my rant. I ask that if any mods read this, before they delete the post (though i fail to fathom why they would), that they explain their reasoning and correct any fallacies I have made and point out anything erroneous i have said. Let me also add that i am not requesting that the whole of GC allows the mention of other drugs; i am merely requesting that the Pandoras Box forum allows it. As i've said i love GrassCity and the people in it; i also believe however that the talk of other drugs shouldnt be prohibited in a forum in which all things controversial can be discussed.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to read this, i would greatly appreciate anything you have to say regarding this matter. Peace bros :smoke:

2. #2 SIRSOG, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
    You typed a novel

When a search would have sufficed....

Its a legality issue with people giving out dosage information, and the owners said no, so its a no... and conspiracy theory threads don't offer the opportunity for someone to overdose and die... that argument makes no sense

Please search for the thousands of other threads on this same topic, which all end the same way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.