Bob Marley is kind of overrated

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TwysterMyster, Apr 12, 2012.

1. ONE LOVE, about 13 women!!!

2. Okay... there are hundreds of singers who are doing just that right now.

3. A majority of rastafari people teach polygamy...

4. what?! where did you hear this?

btw if someone asked me the questions i just asked you, i'd say some dude named badfish90 on a weed forum somewhere.

5. What does it matter that he got around. His views are obviously different from you. He might has went from wife to wife, and had a number of kids, but that doesn't take away of how much a great and inspiring being you are. Do you think his kids care about that? No, so why should we judge him on the number of women he's had sex with? That's pretty much what this society is based off of now.

6. fuck...don't feed the motherfuckin troll guys.

7. #87 shrivel, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2012
    your calling me a troll in a thread about not being a blind supporter of bob marley? gtfo!

edit: Chant Down TwysterMyster!! lmfao

people should be allowed to havve their own opinions and shit.

8. I don't get all the Marley hype, and I certainly don't see whatever big contribution he's made other than making reggae huge... but reggae is fucking terrible anyway.

9. actually reggae was huge but he used it as leverage to make rastifarianism blow up on the world scene, especially in the us where it has trouble fascist politicians and their allies ever since

10. Bob Marley's music was there when I needed some positive music in my life! His music uplifed me when I needed uplifing, ya dig? So....there's a special place in my heart for Bob Marey's music

11. Lee "Scratch" Perry > Bob Marley
    There I said it!

12. I'm not sure what you mean by the second comment but here is something on rastafari and polygamy.

RastafariSpeaks.com - Polygamy

13. Hmmm... Over rated? No. Commercialized? Yes. Personally I think wannabe's took it to that level. "oh he smokes weed and weed is cool" or whatever non-sense. His music was his inner emotions and feelings, just like any other true artist. His rating among those that enjoy his music is valid, but to say its not because you dont get it or like it, is wrong. There are better songs in every genre, thats the point, to grow and evolve... To think that the Marley's helped push the genre this far was awsome. It helped open the style to new generations and even though I feel its overly commercialized to the point it misses the true point behind the music, the beauty is some WILL listen and a for those that connect, it may help shape things and thats where you learn the point behind music... Its supposed to be life through art. Life being the emotions we feel day to day... I change my music daily. Mornings before work, heavy dubstep or industrial. Chill mornings, classical guitar or jazz. Fun moods, usually booty bass, rap, or funky stuff. I have "styles" for all my moods, thats the point. Its music, if you dont like the station, change it ;) You can have an opinion, its good to have one and not just follow the "trends", but dont be so quick to dismiss the WHY its trending ;)

Peace and Love to everyone this beautiful 420!

14. Overrated? Yeah right. He was great at what he did, he was the first music superstar to come from a 3rd world country, and he helped publicized reggae music and the rastafari movement. He sang his heart out, he was a kind and wise guy, like a Jamaican John Lennon lol (as people described him), I dont think he's overrated.

15. Again... You misunderstand.. Negativity does not equal hate. I dislike Marley, I do not hate him. Stop trying to find "hate" that is simply not there in my post. Ghandi was a man of peace, so was MLK and as far as I'm concerned they both had a bigger impact than Marley.

Sure Marley had some great ideas and I kind of agree with what you say about being a role model but in my opinion I still think his music is overrated.

16. You're comparing apples and oranges here. Nobody is claiming Bob Marley to be the biggest political/social activist the world has ever seen. He was simply a guy whose positive music spread throughout the world.

Nor, is anybody comparing his music to the invention of the telephone... I just really don't see how you made that connection.

17. Can't stand raggae, so yeah. I'm not on the Marley bus.

Chong however, err. I have no good vibes to send his way. Make an appearance at head shops, do a meet and greet in their back room but we can't get into the shop for wraps/anything without a $50 VIP ticket. Multiple times. It's more a hatred for our biggest head shop chain in town, but he's lumped in there with them.

18. :eek:...

19. interesting man, thanks for the reference. nonetheless, anything can be justified, right?

20. I've listened to his music, but I think Toots Hibbert & Peter Tosh are much better.