URGENT HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by peterepeter, Apr 8, 2014.

1. I'm having a fucking terrible day. For the last 10 months I've been growing a BEAST of a plant. I've only been growing for three years now, and this OG Kush is the best one I've grown so far!! It's massive!

I've been soo eager and patient with this bitch of a plant - I'm literally 2 weeks away from fat buds and an early Christmas.

Bad news is where I'm from in Australia it's been nothing but cloudy skies and storms for seemingly the past fucking 2 months. Yep you guessed it, ONE of the top crown buds HAS GONE FUCKING MOLDY!!!!  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :mad: 

I've chopped the fucker off and I really don't have the heart to throw it away, but obviously I have no choice. There are no words for how frustrated I am bros.....

PLEASE if there's ANY way at all, for the love of good buds,
    HOW CAN I SAVE THE REST OF MY PLANT?!

2. chop it down and harvest is saving it.

Here in the pacific northwest US we get rains in the fall and if the plant is going to mold save it by harvesting.

You should be happy. Its time.

3. Thanks for the response friend! I'd love to say I can rip it out now, but won't this currently still shit weather cause the buds to mold while they're drying?

Is there a better method of drying them other than hanging?

I'll be satisfied for sure, but those last 2 weeks are where it's at :(

4. ive heard good things about water curing, it offers a much faster and thorough cure. also, mold cant grow underwater. 

5. #5 snoopdog6502, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014

I have some hanging in a bedroom right now harvested last night. Fan blowing right at them 6 feet away. then I have 6 more of the bigger sativas in my garage.

Hang dry with a fan is best for the first few days then you can go to paper layers and a cardboard box if you like a slower cure.

Attached Files:

6. You can give the moldy bud a hydrogen peroxide wash. They have how to videos on YouTube. It will clean your buds and salvage what's moldy. Have you tried to cover the plants with clear plastic. It will stop the rain from soaking the flowers. Good luck.

7. Rain is driving me insane.
    It hasn't stopped raining and it isn't going to stop for an entire week. I'm not growing outdoor ever. Indoor grows are out of the question. Whole harvest is destroyed, buds aren't even ready enough to enjoy quick dryed.
    I'm done with cultivation, that sucks. Where I'm from healthy buds don't exist on the market, you can only grow it..........