outdoor growing in Bay Area, best strains

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mudfingers, Oct 9, 2011.

1. hey all, i've just finished another succesful outdoor grow here in the Bay and was interested in others experiences growing here. i did all clones from local clubs with mixed results. everything came out dank, no questions about that, thanks worm poop tea, but i've realized i need to stop trying to force indoor girls outdoors. my purp diesel, mental floss, mendo afgoo all did great, very little pm issues. others, headband. white widow, chem4 all took a pretty good beating.
    so my question is what have you had success with. it seems as though the diesels are some tough bitches but i don't want to do all the same. i also want to go with seeds next year, so feedback on that would be great too. thanks.

2. anyone? bump.

3. Hola? Bump. Getting ready to put em in! Anyone else?

4. I'm in the bay area, well some consider. Got my girls indoors vegging. Planning on putting in the ground sometime during the first full week in May. Need to build fence between my and the neighbors house. He buys I build. I also have to fence off from my dogs. What strains you going? Clones or seeds. Check out my grow I started its not the best but it's there.

5. I'm near the water so I need to watch what I grow. I'm doing Highway 9 and Purple Diesel from seed and blueberry Diesel, Agent Orange, and Absolute Blueberry from cuttings. Last year my Chem4, White Widow and Headband had a tough time with PM but Purp D, Mendo Afgoo, J1, Mental Floss did really well with BIG ups to the Purp D. I was looking at my dates from last year and saw I put them out mid-May. I also had soil issues so I put some in mid-June with good results.

6. #6 greenwatcher, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
    greenwatcher here. ive been growing outdoors in the middle of the bay CA for 3-4 seasons now. i have to say FUCKING DANK!!!!!!!!!!

ive grown cookies, bay 11,kali mist lambsbread sharkshock blueberry brown dirt warrior (white widow genetics.skywalker .
    its kinda weard but the pure sativas do VERY well best ones was kali mist got like 2-3 oz in a 1.5 gallon smart pot.
    mango haze seems to do very well. ive grown out platium cookies the finished bud of my platiunm cookies was gold buds i shit u not bro. gold as in yellow buds like columbian gold.

biggest plant i grew was like in one of  the bluberry gun was like 3 feet in daiameter

sativas do VERY well here in the bay area. well in my micro climate but idk bout ur micro climate.