Should I smoke a Herm?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jim536, Sep 21, 2011.

1. So I have two outdoor plants. One a beautiful, but small female should be ready by mid Oct. The other is a large Herm which I left to grow just because. My question is in relation to the Herm.

I started pulling off the branches for some quick smoke. Hang dried for a couple days and began to remove seeds before attempting to cure.

Each budded area is 50% seeded. Yes they're a pain in the rear to remove, but not a big deal if I get some OK smoke.

Do you think it's worth it to continue or should I just bail?

2. You are already this far. At least make it into some oil or something. I think you should have pulled it and saved your other plant from getting pollinated initially.

3. Luckily, the pure female did NOT get pollinated and should yield something decent.

Breaking apart the buds, I am amazed at how many seeds are actually present. I would have to say a good 2/3 at least. Good thing is that there was plenty of resin so it leads me to believe that something can be done productively.

Smells like crap to be honest, but a good curing might be all he/she needs.

4. Jim, let those buds get super dry! Then haul out that big wire mesh strainer from the kitchen. Rub your buds through the strainer. The dry weed falls to a waiting plate, the seeds and stems stay in the strainer. :D Hippies used to clean up their seeded weed in the 70s that way.

Add a tiny bit of water to your seedless flaked bud, let it sit a bit, and it's ready to roll! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

5. yea everything had seeds in it remember that

6. Mikey, those were the days! $10 ounces, $65 kilos! :eek:

We had the "City Sifters" who used the strainer method I described in my last post. :smoke:.

And the "Country Carders" who would take a shoe box lid and a playing card (match book cover, etc) and tilt the lid so the seeds would roll down while you carded them out. (The larger particles smoke better in a pipe than the sifted weed. If the nearest open store is 25 miles away, you may not want to go get papers at 2 AM!:bongin: )

Granny :wave:

7. OMG, I just flashed back to the 80's.

8. OMG! I had forgotten about that! We used to do that! I totally remember letting the seeds roll down! Wow, I'm surely gettin' up there! Why did we used to call an ounce a lid? I remember paying $30 for a lid, and thinking, "man this better be REAL good for this price!":eek: