Caterpillar sucked on my main center cola

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dsneezy916, Sep 12, 2011.

1. I know NO cussing....but im pissed off right now! I found the green fucker in the middle of my bud...hes dead now....but he made the top of my shit dry like super dry....should I leave it or top it? Ill take a pic of it so you can see but I need some help tonight!

Attached Files:

2. Cut it all out. it will mold and spread fast.

Look for more of them. Look for eggs as well. Cali is getting hit hard with moths this year. The worms you see are from moths.

3. Really? I trust u because ive read some of youre post and seen how you do things...nice by the way. Dude I cant do that to my baby though....you mean cut all the dry out?

4. [quote name='"5150"']Cut it all out. it will mold and spread fast.

Look for more of them. Look for eggs as well. Cali is getting hit hard with moths this year. The worms you see are from moths.[/quote]

Yeah I knew that much and have been baby sitting theses bastards...rrrrrrr.....man im so close to harvest too like 3 more weeks.....ugh. So will it keep flowering after I cut it?

5. Snip the enfected bud from the main branch. Go slow for you do not want tp spread spores all over.

The worm is eating your bud. The worm then poops. The poop molds and spreads more mold to the other buds.

So ya cut it up before it turns mushy and gets real bad. watch all your colas for brown or dieing leafs.

If you find more spray with BT.

6. that is some nice bud! must be so hard to cut it off

7. [quote name='"5150"']Snip the enfected bud from the main branch. Go slow for you do not want tp spread spores all over.

The worm is eating your bud. The worm then poops. The poop molds and spreads more mold to the other buds.

So ya cut it up before it turns mushy and gets real bad. watch all your colas for brown or dieing leafs.

If you find more spray with BT.[/quote]

Ok. Thanks si much 5150..ur the boss....whos the bossmm you are! Lol...stoned. Is bt safe.. This week ive pulled 10 worms around or on my plant...homedepot carry bt?

8. [quote name='"growinpot"']that is some nice bud! must be so hard to cut it off[/quote]

I know man im pissed right now...ak47

9. Perhaps look into spinosoid or what ever you call it.

BT or that. I never sprayed BT close to harvest so you will have to ask around on that. I think Spinosoid is safer closer to flower. But check around.

I never had a worm problem. I spray with BT during veg and early flower. Plus I not see any moths around here. Or very few anyway.

10. I've been having a big problem with these little bastards too. I know they hate oregano and marigolds, and I've noticed I haven't had any worms on the plants near my oregano plants, so I've been clipping some of the oregano and put it all around my garden. I can tell it's helping keep the grown moths away now, but I still have to pick out the worms they already laid in my plants.

11. BT is a great preventative when your in veg but it puts a bacteria on the leaves that prevent the moths from getting attracted to it, but as for a killer when your buds already have the worms the best is Spinosad you can use it up to the day before harvest but id say 2 sprays and your problems are solved!

I was recently hit many times which i manually removed them when they occurred but i couldn't take loosing so many cola's from all 3 of my ak-47's
    Ive sprayed and the very next day i walked through my garden and found few more worms but dead coming out of new cola's :devious: haven't seen any since spraying and it doesn't stink like neem oil does. I learned my lesson and won't forget BT in veg next year to prevent all this!

As for the damage lop it off just below the damage a little bit past the poop trails otherwise you could loose your whole shoot cause the mold will spread.

Good Luck Buddy keep us posted

12. Well I just clipped the tip of the main cola and smoked it!........lol I was already high so idk if it stoned me....but taste like poopy weed...i expected that though. So I you guys want me to cur where I see poop? No way ill just get a chopstick and get it with that.

13. [quote name='"toes420"']

BT is a great preventative when your in veg but it puts a bacteria on the leaves that prevent the moths from getting attracted to it, but as for a killer when your buds already have the worms the best is Spinosad you can use it up to the day before harvest but id say 2 sprays and your problems are solved!

I was recently hit many times which i manually removed them when they occurred but i couldn't take loosing so many cola's from all 3 of my ak-47's
    Ive sprayed and the very next day i walked through my garden and found few more worms but dead coming out of new cola's :devious: haven't seen any since spraying and it doesn't stink like neem oil does. I learned my lesson and won't forget BT in veg next year to prevent all this!

As for the damage lop it off just below the damage a little bit past the poop trails otherwise you could loose your whole shoot cause the mold will spread.

Good Luck Buddy keep us posted[/quote]

Can I get spins. At homedepot?

14. #14 Deleted member 457210, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020

15. [quote name='"LotzoPlotz"']Ohhh nooooooo :/[/quote]

Yea about smokn that lol..i had to.

16. Just look for a caterpiller killer that has Spinosad as the MAIN engriediant.

17. Yes you should be able to get it there. Just look around don't ask for help they are useless there and as 5150 said look for the bottle with a caterpillar on it and also Spinosad as the active ingredient I picked up mine at OSH or any Hydro shop will have it slightly marked up due to they are a specialty shop. They have OMRI approved so they are somewhat of safe ;)
    Good Luck

18. Damn you caterpillars! Their frass is ruining my buds

19. [quote name='"toes420"']

Yes you should be able to get it there. Just look around don't ask for help they are useless there and as 5150 said look for the bottle with a caterpillar on it and also Spinosad as the active ingredient I picked up mine at OSH or any Hydro shop will have it slightly marked up due to they are a specialty shop. They have OMRI approved so they are somewhat of safe ;)
    Good Luck[/quote]

Thanks man ill be going to my hydro store in the morning....I hope it doesnt effect the whole bud at harvest time. Should I use the directions on the bottle? Or how would you apply beginningof week 6 tomorrow Monday.

20. use as directed for tomatoes/vines plants i'd use it no more then twice being at week 6 make sure to apply to bud not just leafs inspect the next day also do not use of 3 gallons of spray per 1000 sq feet also it kills bee's so beecareful no pun intended :)