Leaves turning yellow on edges... So close to harvesting.. Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by noeleaser, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Ok..

So It looks like I'm having some issues with my Lemon Skunk plant..

The edges of a bunch of the leaves are turning yellow.. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it may be something going on with my nutes, so I cut back on the bloom nutes and I'm giving it 50/50 veg/bloom nutes.. I used Jack's Classic All-Purpose for veg and Jack's Classic Bloom for flowering..

Might any of you have another suggestion?

It's so damn close to the end, I don't want to screw things up at this point! Ahh!!

2. Does not look that bad to me. Keep an eye on it though.

Maybe others will chime in.

[​IMG]

3. #3 clodhopper, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    noeleaser, the last pic you posted looks ominous to me. There isnt a clear enough pic to tell for sure, but it appears from the last pic that your plants may have late blight. Its a disease commonly associated with tomatoes but it gets on cannabis too and can kill it similar to how powdery mildew would.

Key observances: When a cannabis plant is deficient in a nutrient and that deficiency is impacting the plant, the plant will respond by ejecting the foilage that it cant support because of the nute deficiency. 1st, the bigger fan leaves at the bottom will yellow and drop and then lower secondary growth will yellow and defoliate. This methodical yellowing and leaf drop will continue until the remaining vegetation can be sustained by the availble nutrients.
    When a plant gets a disease as opposed to nutrient deficiency, the methodical yellowing from the bottom up that would be seen from nute problems is violated and a grower is likely to see yellowing of fans and secondary growth further up the plant near the newer growth.

It appears that you have yellowing fan leaves near the top of the plant and i know of no nute problem that will result in that expression.

It is not something you wil have to worry about for long. If what i see there is blight, the plant will begin to defoliate/ leaf drop within a week you will know you have a very serious problem and 3 weeks out they will be dead. Growth and maturity of the plant will cease shortly after the disease appears, so even iif it doesnt kill the plant, it wont continue to mature and bud development would be limited to where its at now..

I hope very much that im wrong. Keep us posted. Liquid Copper is the cure. Its organic and ORmi listed but the more infected the plant the less effect the LC has and nothing, no chemical on the planet kills the disease. You can limit its impact with Lc, but thats all.

Good luck, i hope im wrong

4. the only thing I can say about the first photo, were the yellowing is turning white at the tips of the leafs is that it could be over fertilization. But from the other photos it just looks like normal leaf die off as it seems to be starting from the bottom of the plants.