Still no buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dailytoken, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Hi all I'm from ny I have still not seen any bud forming on my outdoor baby.will I have enough time to see any real progress?

2. Lots of grow time left. Hope for an Indian Summer.

3. are there pistols forming in numerous spots?

4. There are some pistils toward the top. But I was hoping to see some buds by now. I also have another issue which is, there is a tree stand about 10 yards from her should I move or just hope it goes unnoticed, its about 5 feet tall at the moment.

5. dont worry i dont even hav pistols yet, dont stress they hav flower eventally

6. I am the only one who thinks plants are flowering later this year than usual? Mine seem to be a couple weeks behind last year. They are bigger and more mature, thanks to earlier start, but the flowering seems to be coming later.

7. You bring up a good point. Read this below and maybe you'll understand some factors that can slow down your plant from switching to flower.

"Moon Cycles
    Root growth seems accelerated at the time of the new moon, possibly as a response to increased gravitational pull from the alignment of sun and moon. It also seems that floral cluster formation is slowed by the full moon. Strong, full moonlight is on the borderline of being enough light to cease floral induction entirely. Although this never happens, if a plant is just about to begin floral growth, it may be delayed a week by a few nights of bright moonlight.

Conversely, plants begin floral growth during the dark nights of the new moon. More research is needed to explain the mysterious effects of moon cycles on Cannabis"

It also has to do with your soil nutrients. A plant recieveing a lot of nitrogen is not going to be inclined to flower as quickly as a plant that just received a compost tea of bat guano, fish meal, and fungal tea (High in phosphorus and potassium). But yeah...sorry for the complex answer but I researched this a while back and found it from an ol post I made. Do read it, hope it helps.

8. in ny to mate and no buds yet but those pistols are gatherring!!

9. Glad to hear that.

10. im in ireland and my mate thinks my plants wont start flowering till late september, planted like 2nd/3rd july (i know late)....anyone any opinion?

11. so nothings gonna start going into full flower until the 29th which is the nxt new moon?

12. dude same here its my first grow but from what im reading im not the only one ...my babys went in the dirt may 1st and all i have are lil white pistols

13. If talking the USA. Perhaps the crazy heat we been having has a tad to do with it.

14. Any buds yet?

15. nope no buds yet, u?

16. No buds yet?!?!?! Uh oh...there's no way your harvesting in time. I'm already 2-3 weeks in and I'm still cutting it close in norcal.

17. Haven't been out to check since last post. I was just hoping to hear some good news. I'll probably go out this weekend and check.

18. dont say that, im optimistic

19. Where are you at scotty?

20. Never too late ! people are always so eager to get them in the ground and then they wonder why the yield isn`t that great. THE CLIMATE IS CHANGING PEOPLE. The research and everything done in the past isn`t effective anymore, to an extent.