5150's Backyard 2011 (PAC. NW.)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 5150, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Well sorry for the delay. Been real busy as of late. Thought I would post some pics to show your guys this years grow. I got about 4 weeks veg left. The plants in the ground are catching up fast. Real fast. Will not be epic like 2009 but a really good start.

I used 55 galon drums cut in half. 3 bags FFOF soil with 30% perlite mix. FF Grow big is the only ferts I use. I PH my water before watering.

This pics are about 5 days old. I will post some newer ones this weekend. The first few pics show the growth rate in 30 days.

Attached Files:

2. fuck man, beautiful cannabis garden! I'm jealous of guys like you - I only have two plants :-/ ... keep up the good work!

3. DAMM!! Thats some rightous landscaping. Good job!

4. Thanks, I got some better and bigger pics coming soon.

5. Fuckin a brotha nice garden!

6. Wow, sweet garden

7. damn brotha nice......what do you you for budding???

if you dnt mind me asking ....once you start feeding with your "bloom" nutrient do you add your "bloom booster" right away with the bloom the first feeding? or just use the bloom once or twice then add the bloom booster with it after a lil while

8. #8 fondhandler, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
    Lush!!! What kind of climate do you live in?

9. Portland Oregon

10. #10 5150, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011

I use the Fox Farms ferts. Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom to Fox Farms Feeding chart.

11. your still around dude! whats up!

12. Oh ya just kicking it. Still have some stash from 2009 grow. See lots of new people here. Site has grown lots as well.

13. Some updated shots.

Attached Files:

14. Was working on my roof this morning. So I snaped a few pics.

Last pic shows my tomato plants that are doing well with Fox Farms.

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

15. Dude... I am in love with your backyard!

16. In 2009... In the rubber maid buckets how much did you get off each plant... If you dont mind i ask

17. #17 5150, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011

Little over 1 1/4lb per plant.

That was most the plant. I gave the bottom of the plant. (popcorn) to friend. He got another few oz off the plant.

18. God damn man....mine are like 1/3 the size of yours...Im jealous i think ima switch to foxfarm line next year

19. #19 5150, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    Just wait until the roots grow out of the Fox Farm soil and into my backyard soil. I expect the plants in the ground will all be about 7 to 8 feet tall and about 7 feet wide. I just notice the ground plants are starting to boom now. It's hard to see how bushy they are. I still have about 30 days veg before the stretch starts. I am seeing 2" a day in all derections.

My potted plants are going to be way bigger than my 2009 potted plants. The first pic in this thread was only a little over 30 days ago. They grew 4 bushy feet in 30 days. The stalks are huge.

Some more on how I grow?

I keep it simple as can be. I use Fox Farm Ociean Forrest Soil with 30% perlite mixed in. I only use FF Grow Big nothing else. I feed every 3rd watering. Sometimes every 2nd watering. Every plant has it own watering needs. (this is the hardest part of my grows) I only water plants when they start to droop. Some plants need water every 2 days. Some can go 4 days plus without water. I think this method lets your roots grow better for they are seeking and searching for water. Water logged roots do nothing but rot. wet feet roots do no work for they do not have to.

I always PH my fert water. Tap water is about 7.0. When you add ferts your PH will drop. So now you are dumping say 4.0 water into your plant. If you read this chart. You will see what PH range MJ grows best in. As you will see. PH'ing your water is big in my thinking. So if you read this chart. You will see the nutes your plant is not getting if your soil drops below 6.5. This is why you see so many Ca. and Mg. problems in so many grows.

[​IMG]

If you read my 2009 grow, you will remember I never had one single yellow leaf thru the whole grow for the whole year encluding budding on the plants in the ground. Not one single yellow leaf.

Now Fox Farms soil is nice for it already comes PH at 6.8. So you got a great start there. They sale soil ph testers as well. And there are ways to bring your soil to 6.8. Okay so now we have soil thats 6.8 and water thats 6.8. Now your grow will stay at 6.8 as long as you PH your fert water. I use lemon juice for ph down. And baking soda for ph up.

I am 2nd most anal about how I water. MJ does not like wet feet. The do not water until it droop seems harsh. But after a few weeks you will know how long each plant can go before it needs water. about every 2 weeks let them droop again. As they get bigger the water needs can change.

This is what I am most anal on. When I water my potted plants I also make sure I water heavy heavy heavy. I make sure a good gallon or more runs out the bottom of the pot. A good gallon always, sometimes more. This lets the plant piss out all the salts and what not. This is a sure way to never have nute lockout. If you water your plants and just a little bit of water runs out the pot. Your letting your soil build up all kinds of salts and what not. In time this will change your soil PH. And that will bring on nute lock out per the chart above.

So yah my basic rule of green thumb is water little but water heavy when you do. Try looking at water as bad for your plants. This is what I try to do in a way. Crazy I know. But thats 5150 for ya.

All that and I seen many of huge grows that never even looked at the PH. This is just what I do. And I like to share my ways.

Night friends.

Remember water is bad.

20. Looks epic to me!!! Absolutely gorgeous...what strains are those? They sure look happy!