Late in the season... Fast growing, High yield?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RonJon85, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Hello Guys...
    This in my first Outdoor grow in North California.

What is the latest I can plant clones outside and still get 1-2 pounds yield per plant? Is it already too late for that yield? I DONT want to plant and have them flower when they're only 2 foot tall...
    I know there are LOTS of variables...

Any recommendations on which strain veges the fastest and still has high yield?

I was thinking of doing Grand Daddy Purp, Bubba Kush and maybe Green Giant. Are these the best for planting so late in the season? Any other strain suggestions?

I need maximum yield.

Thanks guys.

2. Lol your shit out of luck if you expect to get 1 to 2 pounds starting now. I bet you would only get a few ounces or something like that. If you don't want them to flower at 2 feet I would even start thus year

3. You'll have to find some plants that are already established. See if your dispensary has teens or mother plants for sale. Even then, they will start to flower in a few weeks depending on your location. You can use this year as a trial run and be more ready next year. Good luck.

4. you answered yourself

5. Ok so it sounds like autos are the way to go...
    What strains with high yields are auto flowering?

6. #6 shooting star, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
    I still think you should go for it and you may end up w/ a couple girls (hopefully they can veg for 6-8 weeks or to alternating nodes (I don't know your area, but you can look it up and find out when (farmers almanac, shows sun up and sun down) it goes to 12 daytime hours and 12 nightime hours. That should put them into flowering if the temps hold up where you are I think it'll work. I started about two week ago (from germ), and now on my 3rd set of leaves and can see the 4th coming.

As far as max yield, it's not gonna happen, you would of had to start months ago but make sure you get the right nutes and keep an eye on them. I'd be happy (me peronally) w/ 2-3oz per plant and 2 females out of the 3 I have going. I plan on doing lst to them to make them look like a bush and when they get to smelly (idk how bad it will be, it's only 2 plants) I have somewhere I can take them (I hope, still thinking on that). I think you'll be fine and w/ the right nutriennts get a good yield.
    GL

7. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Photoperiodism is a tricky bitch outdoors. Plants do not respond to 12/12 as they do indoors. Outdoor plants will respond to an increase in the number of hours of DARKNESS. Once they "sense" an increase in the night cycle, they will begin flowering. Usually, flowering begins anywhere from late July, all the way to late august; but by no means does the cycle get anywhere near 12/12 before they flower.

Stop propagating misinformation. This forum is loaded with BS about outdoor photoperiodism. Read the damn stickies before trying to give advice, as it makes you look extremely uninformed and you end up screwing others in the process.

For instance,

Some of my buddies plants have begun flowering, but the outdoor light cycle isnt anywhere close to 12/12.

Today, there will be 14 hours, 49 minutes of sunlight and 9 hours, 11 minutes of darkness in my area. Yet, the plants are already flowering. Hmmmmm.

READ THE STICKIES BEFORE POSTING MISINFORMATION TO OTHERS!

8. Good Info Supra, all mine have begun to bud. Didn't know it was in response to the increase in dark period rather than the decrease in daytime.

9. Yep, its a common misconception that can drastically change the way you look at flowering.

Darkness is THE KEY. Thats why you see many growers place their babies in total darkness for 24-48hrs before initiating flower. It allows the flowering hormones to propogate in a greater quantity.

Just want everyones crop to be bumper!

10. Thanks Supra sounds like you really know your $h!t...

Ok so being so late in the season, could I put lights on my outdoor plants to add a few extra hours of 'daylight' so they will veg faster/longer? I was thinking of seamlessly transitioning from sunlight to lights before sunset for a few extra hours. Can this be done effectively? Ideas?

11. Yes that is certainly feasable, as any increase in the dark period would bring forth flowering. So, when the sun starts to fade, bring em in for an hour or two of extra light. Although, no matter what lamp you use, you aren't going to be able to match the suns intensity and brightness.

The only thing I will say is that manipulation of the day night cycle in an established plant is a sure fire way to stress the living hell out of it. Maybe even to the point of hermie. As a young plant will be more able to adapt to a swinging light schedule.

12. #12 supraman1120, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
    Also, if you want some advice, go to your local community college and ask about botany and farm agriculture classes they offer. Cheap and a great way to broaden your knowledge. Plus, at the end of it all, you can grow anything you want to perfection.

13. man def go with autos... im getting some auto seeds in about 1 week so u can see it doesant rele matter when u start em the temps just have to stay above 50 at night.. autos outdoors flourish.. especially if you are getting super autos.. thats what im getting they take a lil bit longer but it can harvest 10 0z

14. Thanks for correcting me. I don't post much but I have read the stickies and just got back into things about a week ago. Read everything on photoperiodism and was still under the impression that they would show sex when the light was around 12/12. Glad to here I'm wrong tho because I don't want to wait that long for them to flower so to hear that they'll begin before 12-12 is great news. Sorry if I gave someone the wrong info.