Any minnesota greenthumbs??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by DrGreentounge, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Im just looking to exchange knowledge with fellow minnesotans. Im starting my second outdoor grow soon! Harvest day needs to be sooner!!!

2. Starting my first mn outdoor grow this year

3. Duluth area here also doing my first grow. Where are you guys at?

4. Southwest part of the state about 30 miles west of willmar

5. South of northfield here. This year will be my second outdoor grow. Last year my plants couldnt reach their full potential because i threw them out later in the season.

Any ideas of when would be the best time to move everything outdoors? Im working with blue dream clones and hawaiian skunks

6. Gotta love this shitty mn cold weather haha

7. #8 Sickleg, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Clown glass... No shit I had a spoon blown by them earlier this year but the grand rapids cops took it away lol.

8. I had an awesome sherlock from there. Dropped the thing probably 50 times an never broke. Then i borrowed it to a girl and it broke that night....what are the odds

9. this is my first grow.. its the end of april and it just snowed.. i dont know when i should put these girls in... any ideas? also has anyone had experience with clay?

10. #11 DrGreentounge, Apr 28, 2011
    My friend lived in redwing an he didnt have much luck with the clay in the soil. Get some soil dig a hole n throw the soil in the whole an stick those girls in.

11. My first as well. Just gonna go Johnny weed seed style though. I don't expect much from it. Little work= Little yield, but a lil is better than nothing. I plan on water once a week if God doesn't provide it and rippin males. Might do a lil topping too. Kind of a spur of the moment thing.

12. I would at least try to water the seedlings every few days until u at least see it pop thru. Ive done this before and had an wish i woulda watered every other day. Start a seed in a dixie cup at least and then transplant it into the ground.

13. Im in the Bemidji/Park Rapids area and im doing my first outdoor grow this year. when is everybody else planting with this cold weather?

14. Right across the big pond from ya (aka soup town)

Well according to the frost guide...the last frost is may 20th so anytime after that is good. Last year I waited till june 1st and they did great. As long as overnight temps are at least 45 average you are set. I was thinking of putting out a little earlyer this year may 15th or so but with this weather...its been snowing the last 3 days, nothing that is sticking but still I think I will wait for my main batch. I do have 1 seed in a pot started though I call her "early bird". Check my journal to see how she does when I put her out on the 15th.

15. Hey fellow MN dudes. Yeah, the weather does stink and there doesn't appear to be a warming trend anytime soon. The last week of May and first week of June are decent times to go outdoors. I try to schedule my transplanting as soon as turkey hunting season ends, wihich this year is around May 22nd. We should hook up after the fall harvest and have a ceremonial bowl or two.

16. Thank for the info guys! I just got 3 different new clones. Jack herer, big bud, and dj shorts blueberry. I plan on clonung these so it should be a very bountiful harvest season!

17. #18 DrGreentounge, Apr 28, 2011
    I will probably do the same thing and move my babies outside around june 1st.

18. DrGT - Sounds like you're putting out a lot of different strains?! I'm curious to find out if the Hawiian skunk, blue dream, and Jack Herer finish on-time for you.

19. Yea im hopin i can harvest before it frosts