Female Bud Maturing TOO Fast Please Read!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by virginiared, Aug 17, 2009.

1. #1 virginiared, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
    Hey I have a great female about 3+ weeks into flowering, one of side bud's hairs are beginning to turn pinkish red already and this particular bud is not big at all yet, maybe the size of an actual quarter...If one or two of the buds on my plant mature too fast and are still a bit small in size... could I just cut those off and leave the rest of the bigger buds and colas just grow as usual? Thanks!

-The plant is only a few weeks away from full harvest i think...and its just the one bud who's hairs are starting to turn pink about half way down the hairs...

J from VA

virginiared

2. i know nothing about this but....... i would just leave it alone dont trim anything during flowering unless absolutely nescessary. the bud should be fine it might just be the strain. but some pictures would help people out alot

3. Ok Ill try to get the digi camera so I can get a close up...My cell phone cant take close ups...Thanks Ill post asap

4. The flowering time depends on strain, somewhere between 8-12 weeks. (8-10 being more average flowering period). Pink/Purple hairs are normal, one of my girls has purple hairs and has since it was 4-5 weeks into flowering. No worries, just let it do it's thing...:smoking:

5. yeah leave it alone cause mine is doing the same thing. the leaves and bud are a dark dark purple and the hairs are a light red to pink im 3 weeks into flower and its beautiful the difference in the light red hairs to the dark purp bud

6. Cool thanks alot! Are you doing outdoor?

7. Yeah, check out the link with below.

8. they sound normal in my opinion, but to answer your question, yes, you can take off the completely ripened buds and let the others continue to mature, but absolutely don't do this unless you got one of those magnifying glasses and the trichs are amber colored, thats the absolute latest. or unless the majorty of them are cloudy too, but they burn out and the THC all dies after a point. you can get those magnigying glasses at radio shack...