My first grow from a wild plant (many pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NeO247, May 13, 2009.

1. Ok, so about a week ago I was walking back friend my friend's house a block away. I was high as fuck. I noticed on the side of the road a plant growing by the road, in someone's front lawn. It was weed!! I was happy as hell....anyways, next day, me and that friend transplanted it and put it in a grow spot. Funny thing is that we knew that had to be our plant because we smoke so much in this neighborhood and have had to thrown hundreds of seeds around. Particularly in that general area...

I wanna hear any thoughts about this and anything I should do to it. It has some damage but other than that I think it will be fine. This is both of ours first grow. But I have read alot about growing throughout the years. And I am confident it is a female. I see a bunch of those pistils and they aren't new stems growin out. But I was confused because I thought it was too early, but then again this was not getting taken care of.

When I first transplanted it, everything was drooping and I thought it was gonna die. It was really sad. But after a few days it all came back to life and seems to be good now.

Im pretty sure we will have to transplant this into a bigger pot. I was thinking of mixing the soil I have in the pot with the ground soil. Then put it in there. What do you guys think?

And what should I do with those damaged leaves?

I am not expecting something crazy out of this grow, but it would be cool to get a little smokin bud out of it. I'll attach some pics. The first one is when I found it on the side of the road. I took it on my shitty phone. The other pics are a mix phone pics and digital camera shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. you fucking found that?

3. you should cut off the dead leaves and get new better soil...

4. Haha. Looks good, make sure to read up on the stickies and to get it sufficient water and nutrients but not too much. Looks like it might just be a little dehydrated and have some nutrient defficiencies. Also might be a little low in the pot, but no worries.

5. I do not know this to be a fact, but I have heard that you don't want to cut off leaves that are dying or you think are dead.

As the plant will continue suck water and nuets from those leaves until there is nothing left. I heard that the leaves will fall right off with a touch if they are dry of nuets. Any confirmation behind this or against this?

I've always just left them on there until they easily fell off from me barely touching them...

6. So you found it. Ditchweed? Good for making rope is about all.

7. From the OP post, "Funny thing is that we knew that had to be our plant because we smoke so much in this neighborhood and have had to thrown hundreds of seeds around. Particularly in that general area..."

So I would assume this is bagseed, not ditchweed...

8. ya it was bagseed. constructive comments would be nice. and i don't plan on buying anything unless it gets to flowering and is going real good. this is kinda an experiment to see if my friend and i can get a little weed and also learn some stuff for later when we really start growing. not anytime soon though.

so should i leave the dead or damaged leaves? or cut them? if so, which ones exactly.

9. cut the dead leaves, the leaves end up hurting the plant in the long run, good luck. :smoking:

10. looks like it need some tlc, good look

11. ok ill cut them. thanks

and it gets lots of love and care lol

12. not trying to be a dick here; and if you did find it then good for you, but it looks like it's in a pot in the first picture. so...am i just seeing things?

13. You said you transplanted it, yet its in potting soil that looks as if it were grown in....Not ditch soil with grass and such...? Not to be critical.

Anyhow...Yeah looks like it will do! Looks like it could turn out nice, nice structured leafs. Good Luck!

14. all the pics were taken after i transplanted it into my own pot and soil EXCEPT the first pic. thats when i found it in someones lawn. you can clearly see the road in the pic too. no i didnt steal someones plant lol.

its looking alot better. ima take more pics soons. thanks for the comments

15. new pics. what you guys think. taken on my phone =/

Attached Files:

16. Dude Thats So Sick!
    When The Fuck that Going to Happen to mee!:)Hahaha
    Best Wishes,Good Luck!:hello::hello::wave::smoking:

17. yeah pretty cool you found that. looks a tad stretchy but not bad for being ditch weed.

18. looks nice man:hello:

19. thanks guys. and what is wrong with stretching??
    i dont plan on doing anything to this plant like nutrients or anything complicated. the soil has food in it. just water it and see how it goes. although soon i think i am going to mix soil with the soil the pot is sitting on then just transplant it into the ground. but i think the roots will have too much space and grow too big for what im lookin for. so idk...any help or suggestions?

ima also make that insect repellent that you can make yourself that dont harm the plant.

better digi cam shots comin soon.

20. same thing happend to me man, but mine isnt bagseed, its ditchweed mixed with something else.