Winter Garden 08

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OldSkool1010, Nov 9, 2008.

1. I planted the seed I made from my plant last Feb. that I think self-pollinated. (LB2) and the last of the two Power Skunk seeds my son gave me on Sept. 9, 2008. Both sprouted and have been vegetating in my growbox until last week. Now they're showing bud sites and are starting their flowering stretch. I'm thinking this will be my Valentines stash.

[​IMG]
    Left to Right: LB2, Power Skunk

[​IMG]
    LB2

[​IMG]
    Power Skunk

2. Very nice mang!
    Some great looking color.

3. Thank you. The box produces plants with really deep green leaves...almost blue sometimes. I have had probs sometime with sunburn when I put out clones. I started them in open shade but a few did get some burnt fan leaves. The new growth since it's been outside is much paler.

4. shameless self promotion.

Can you find the LST hold-downs?

5. Nice. I feel like it's spring again. It'll make the wait shorter, thank you. What's LB2 btw?

6. Nice Plants! WHat type of lights do you have in your indoor starter box? Btw.. I could barely find one of you tie downs, only using magnification:smoke: I wish I had your winter weather.

7. Oldskool,
    Have always enjoyed your posts, it is inspirational to see a grow still going!

8. awww gosh...I'm touched.

This really is the best time of year here. Summers are brutal and full of pests and disease though. Glad to share a little piece o paradise.

9. My first seeds came from a sativa dom bud I got from my son (LB) so I called the strain LB1. After many clones of clones I had one plant make male flowers nanners. I decided to let it self-pollinate and it made 3 seeds one sprouted...LB2

10. 4 27W daylight CFLs and 2 23W Warm White CFLs...about 3300 lumen per square foot.

I used to use...and still do use ponytail rubbers and straightened paper clips bent into hooks.
    The satellite installer left a half roll of 12gauge ground wire (stoner) LOL. It is great to make hooks out of to hold down branches.

11. :wave: i'm onboard.

12. #12 OldSkool1010, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
    Since my last post both the LB2 and Power Skunk have made flowers. Just starting but they're purty.

I have 4 PS clones vegging and 2 plants started from seed end of Sept. (I think...gotta quit smokin that stuff). The 2 seed plants are in 10" pots and the clones are in party cups.

Oh yeah, I have a Ice X LB1 seedling that has about 3 sets of leaves. LB1 is an Excellent Sativa and my son gave me a taste of his Ice buds...they taste good with a nice stone. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out.

I will probably set the bigger plants out to start flower soon.

Pix this weekend.

13. #13 OldSkool1010, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2008
    It's amazing how much the girls have grown since last week. What were preflowers and bud sites are now full fledged flowers. The Power Skunk is branching like crazy and has multiple blossoms. The LB2 is showing more Indica traits than the parent. It is only putting on a main cola and a few smaller bud sites...but it's still early.

Here's how everybody looks.
    [​IMG]
    LB2
    [​IMG]
    LB2 Flower
    [​IMG]
    Power Skunk
    [​IMG]
    Power Skunk Flower

And introducing...
    [​IMG]
    The Younguns

This is the result of crossing a Sativa Dom female and an Ice male. My first 2 plants from homemade seeds.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. :smoking:i love plants from homemade seeds.... keep up the good work...

15. I moved the two Sat2 X Ice plants outside and crammed 4 #3 nursery containers and one 6" pot into my growbox. I up-potted the Power Skunk clones and the LB1 X Ice seedling and they're gonna vegetate for a month or so.

[​IMG]
    Babies in the Box

16. Looking real good! I'm jealous. Thanks for always giving good advice and being one of the coolest, most knowledgeable people here. Keep up the good work!

17. Kind words indeed. You left out oldest, and most crotchety. :D

Thanks for the comments and encouragement.

18. I wish i lived in a tropical paradise so i could become old and crochety;)

19. Man I love Thanksgiving. Gonna have 2 turkeys and a ham...one roasted and I'm gonna fry my first one...normally I smoke 'em.

Anyhow I'm hopefully optimistic that the two Sativa X Ice plants are girls...they've got this girlish look to the preflowers but still too soon to tell for sure. I tried the macro thing on the camera but nothing came out in focus.

I did get these shots for my pictorial update...maybe this way I'll keep up with what's going on and how long it takes.

In reverse order I will start with the next generation vegetating in the growbox.
    [​IMG]
    Notice the volunteer seedling in the upper left pot. I can only imagine it came from a seed that was in the compost.

These are the two flowering girls and what I believe to be the two Sativa X Ice girls (in font).
    [​IMG]

Next Power Skunk flowering nicely.
    [​IMG]

And my home-made hermi seed LB2
    [​IMG]

And Just because...LB2 silhouetted against the morning sky
    [​IMG]