Autoflowering in Spring?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Corto Malteze, Oct 23, 2008.

1. I'd like to clone some females (inside) but would like to have them flower during May-June (extra spring season possible here, few people looking, hunting season over). Are there any other good autoflowering strains than low ryders?
    I'm thinking if I grow a few for clones inside, will the clones continue on their 4-5 month life span or will they start from new (I suspect continue)? So cloning wouldn't be possible (??)In that case I'd have to let the LowR sex and make seeds, select only females indoors from those new spring seeds and use them during the fall, outdoors (if I use them)I can't buy lots of lowryder fems to use in spring :)eek:)!!? I want a cheap, easy guerilla grow,:D
    Anybody ever grow autoflowerings in Spring (do they really finish in 4 months?) Anyone ever flower "normal" mj seeds in spring to get a smaller harvest? The season here is mid- April to mid- Nov.

Thanks.

2. corto... i will be germinating this weekend... my HPS should be here so i can throw it in my lil makeshift greenhouse. Im doing this more because i want a monster plant come Oct'09 but i will be throwing some EWS in there as well in hopes of some early buds.

still under construction.. there will be a black tarp that rolls up to let the sunlight in during the day and able to roll down to cover the light of the lamps at night.

heres a couple pics.. those are just heat lamps in there atm to keep my flowers nice and cozy.. they will probably stay in there depending on how warm the HPS keeps the room during the cold months. maybe this will inspire somethin.

just trying to occupy myself until next grow season i guess.... but if it works.. maybe ill be harvesting a 15ft plant this time next year ...:smoking:

-ksimms

you can see my doggy! :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the door

[​IMG]

3. Looks pretty nice. What's EWS?

4. early wonder skunk

5. Did you harvest those beauties you had this summer? Never heard of Early wonder skunk. It sounds good though. Is it autoflowering?

6. Mostly Indica.
    The development of this strain began back in the 70's. The goal was to mature the bud in the heat of the summer, with the potential for two crops a year.The breeding stock was Afghani/Thai for the strong THC, a Hawaiian/Guatemalan for the earliness of the harvest and a Ruderalis for the dense buds and the consistency of the ripening time. Its medium to dark green with a main dominant cola. She has a hashy, skunk smell and sweet skunk flavour. This strain will treat you with the earliest bud ever.
    ---quoted from VSB.---

should hunt down my CC thread if you get bored... had several plants stolen from me by what was a close friend. dug out and re-planted bout 30 in-ground plants and moved myself. was a interesting season indeed. gotta fat sack and made a good bit of qwiso.

if i can find the cd with my plant diary on it i will post some harvest pics.

7. ok cool! Glad you got some dank. I knew something was up when you stopped giving news. I'll check out the EWS and your thread. Glad you're not in trouble and rolling for next season. Tell no one except us! I got a nice harvest too (12 ounces about), check it out.

8. #8 Corto Malteze, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
  9. Question to the breeders of lowryders/ak auto:

"My question was: If I let a couple of females pollinate would the seeds give me same genetics as parents, ie auto, and would it be same Auto Pheno if cross pollinated between LRRH and LB."
    Answer: No, if you cross pollenate them you will have a total new pheno as none of ours are crossed with each other only the lowmint and mini thunderfuck are realated so you get a different plant all together, but it will be auto and proberbly grow better than some of the inbred seeds we have as yours would be a F1 cross and would show some growth vigure so should be ok but might have some mutations in there as they tend to do that more in F1."

10. I just put plants under 24 hour light during winter and put them out in the spring and they flower nicely from the change from constant light to having darkness. I wouldnt worry about them revegging from the daylight increasing its never happened to me but many people on here will probably disagree and say they will reveg.

11. That OutDoor Under the Deck set-up looks cool.

Not sure how effective it will be.

12. Hey Gord, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I agree with you, some friends had 1 plant flower in my region in Spring, but he harvested it real quick. I like your idea of 24 hrs light and then putting them out to flower with the difference (they're fooled!). When's the best time to put outside the mjs that were vegging inside in Spring? Frost stops in mid March here about. When do you think they would start and stop flowering? Logically they should stop flowering a few days/weeks after March 21st, when the days get longer right? Thanks for the help.