Bud Rot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by iAMtheLiquor, Sep 9, 2008.

1. #1 iAMtheLiquor, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
    Can someone post a picture of what pure bud rot looks like?

We had the aftermath of a hurricane pass through here over the weekend. It rained ALOT. I was not able to get to the site each day to shake the excess rain off.

What I believed ended up happening is that some of the buds starting looking wrong. When I looked deep into the buds, there seemed to be brown clumps of bud. I could tell something was wrong. It was not just a lot of amber hairs, it was a clump taking over a lot of the buds. It was not on all of the buds, but a lot of them near the top.

I have only found this on one of the 6 or 7 plants, and believe me I looked hard. The part that shocks me is that this particular plants faces the sun and gets the same if not more sun than the rest.

Can you guys please post a picture of definite bud rot? If this is not bud rot then it is some other problem. Either way, I tried clipping it off the best I can and i do not imagine it will spread much more, and I will definitely be looking.

Thanks, you guys rock.

Also, I tried taking pictures, but my camera phone is only 2MP and really doesn't do a well enough job of showing the issue.

2. That is EXACTLY what was on the plants. I removed some of the branches , but there are still a couple. I will remove them asap.

Can that bud be hung and smoked?

And secondly, what cause this rot?

3. Someone with more knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong.....
    Dont smoke it,its not healthy-
    Mold is caused by,excessive moisture,lack of sunlight & lack of fresh circulating air.

4. DO NOT sell it to some stupid kid; yyou could be responsible for damaging his lungs. Would you like to be sold bunk shit, or known for selling it?? I hope not! Destroy it and learn the lesson.

Hiigel

5. Make ISO or butane extract with it. IMO Much Love.

6. #7 cantharis, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2008
    Oh for heavens sake. It was a joke!! And I have never claimed any of my posts are ´COOL´ - waves four fingers in the air.

7. What a pleasant guy

8. I didn't see it catharis, and we been getting kinda tight anyway. So, I could really care less if you were ranking on me for a sec. It was kinda a dumb question. I am not sure why I would want to smoke something that has rotted anyway.

Thanks for the info though guys, it may have saved a 6 foot Sativa.

9. yea dont smoke rotted bud.. not healthy

10. Dude it was not a dumb question, mold has effected me more than any other pest or disease. There is no worse way to lose a plant than to watch it turn into a beautiful bud and then rot in front of you. I would rather have a deer munch it in june than get mold at the end of the season.

I have used a dilute hydrogen peroxide solution to SAFELY prevent mold about 2 tb in a gall of water and misted plants and then shaken off. I emphasize safely as I do not believe in spraying any pesticides or antifungals once budding has begun. Good luck keeping that from spreading.

Also props to oldskool he always has good info when needed and that is as good a picture as I would like to see.

• Like Like x 1
  11. would the peroxide also work on powdery mildew ?

12. I've not had to deal with powdery mildew (knock wood) but from Wikipedia:

Left untreated, powdery mildew will kill your plant. Common fungicides bought at a local garden store will help by either killing the fungus or by not allowing the fungus to make spores and reproduce. When applying, be sure to spray the leaf, the underside of the leaf, the stem connecting the leaf to the vine, and the vine itself. These fungicides, though, are not cheap and there are some natural ways to treat the powdery mildew. Baking Soda is a very versatile, readily available, and relatively inexpensive; it also can help control and even cure Powdery Mildew. A mixture of one tablespoon Baking Soda, 2.5 tablespoons vegetable oil, and 4-5 drops of liquid soap added to a gallon of water will act as a fine, natural, and inexpensive fungicide (be sure to agitate spray bottle regularly while applying to keep the ingredients from separating). Another natural cure for this mildew is a mixture of one part milk (any kind or brand) to three parts water.

13. IT WORKS !!!! I was fighting a losing battle with the peroxide solution(it helped a little), but it was starting to overcome my plants. Then I saw your post Oldskool, & tried it right away,sprayed the plants with the milk solution, woke up this morning & 70% of the powdery mildew was gone. Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you Oldskool ! you rock !!

14. Thank YOU for validating the effectiveness of milk as a fungicide... One more weapon in the arsenal to fight fungus.

15. Never had any bud rot yet, but that is nice to know.

16. hey some fungus isnt bad you know. like the kind the sends you for a lil trip. i seen the creeper grown forra while and they are funny lookin haha.

17. if someone could come up with a cannabis plant that also yielded the good fungus, i'd be first in line.