Force flower time and yield question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by PG10, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Hi all, this is my first post on the forum. I have been reading a lot and have learned a great deal, this is a very helpful site.

I am planning on forcing some outdoor plants soon. I am growing Haze x Skunk and Big Bud x Northern Lights. BB x NL will not be ready for another 2 months or so, maybe longer, but I may force a few haze strains in a month or so.

On to my question: When should I force them? If I force shortly after topping after 3rd leaf set (a few weeks? or wait longer?) what might I expect for a yield? I would estimate the veg time at about 2 months by then; what would an estimate for yield be for both strains? If I waited 3,4,5 months to force? I guess I will be limited by pot size, I am growing in 5 gallon containers with good soil, and watering every other day. Would 4 ounces sound correct for 2 months veg? I assume, even though its season will be cut short that it would be more yield than dro?

Also, about how long till harvest after forcing...a month?

Lastly... will a 12/12 cycle suffice for both strains?
    Thanks for any replies.

2. What up.....I am new to the Site but a old school grower....SO CAL huh...Yea I grew many a plot in the SFV.......

Anyways...When you say "FORCE" Flowering do you mean you are gonna bring the plants "Indoors"..because there "Might" be issues with that. (Outdoor pests etc in a indoor enviroment).........

2 Months of Veg is pretty good....If you are going indoor it's more than enough time...I forgot exactly what you said but I do remember you mentioning the Northern Lights Harvesting in 2 months...It will be Faster than that.......

Give me some more details on your exact set up and Goal.......

3. No, I'll be covering them up with a trashcan or something, they will still be getting real light outside.

4. You say your an old school grower but you dont know what force flower means?

5. Pretty sure he was pretty stoned when he wrote that, and he was asking if I was bringing indoors.

No one has any suggestions for me as far as efficiency? I guess I'll just start the two biggest ones in a couple weeks, since it takes 1-2 months to bud them. That will give me ~3-3.5 months total. They are currently finishing their second leaf set, one is ~4.5" high and the other about 3.5", but I understand that they grow a lot during budding. Any idea on yieds after those times?

Also I plan on topping them after the third leaf set. Can this be done when forcing, or should I wait until I have topped before I force them... I think I can force+top at same time?

Jeese it is hot right now... 95* in the shade, 100* in sun.

EDIT:: Decided to force two of them right now for smokable bud in June... I am tired of wasting all my money on bud. I will force the others later. Will reply back w/ yield in June.

6. Man, trash cans aren't going to work if you do things correctly. Outdoors, they will become huge bushes. And MJ doesn't bud in 1 month. A 2 month flowering strain is a very fast flowering plant. And no, don't top if you "force" them. Topping and any kind of training stops at flower.

7. If its hot out that trash can will cook them plants.

8. I would say your dry net weight from the plants all depend on the soil mixture, quality of available light, and the presence of pests and what not. Not sure if this is your first time growing, but try to just get a harvest, from their you can see where you went wrong, and what you did right. The more time you actually spend working with your various plants and just trying to get real world experience, supplemented with forums, you will become a proficient greenthumb in no time.

Regards

9. OK, thanks for that, I started forcing yesterday, I guess I will wait until I top them.
    How long after topping should I wait to force?

How tall would they get if I forced them now, at 5 and 4 inches? The cans are ~4 foot tall. Also, I can stop forcing at 6 weeks, correct?

Thanks for the warning, but they are only covered at about 6 PM, and don't really receive direct sunlight. Temps have cooled down a lot now as well, only 85* today,

Thanks for the advice.

One more question for now... would you guys say natural harvest time would be late November for Socal?

Thanks for the help, and I welcome any more criticism/advice.

EDIT: I think I am going to do LST instead of topping now. Thoughts? Will research some more.