1st Grow Outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by xxkmanxx, May 23, 2007.

1. i planted a about 20 seeds in seperate party cups outdoors April 30th. I used dirt from the ground, its pretty crappy dirt, but I plan to transplant them into the ground by the end of the week and put good soil in it. 15 of the seeds sprouted. I'm planning on using either Scotts Premium Topsoil or Organic Choice Garden Soil, because those where the better soils i saw at home depot and walmart. The area is a grassy field. I was thinking of using chem fertilizer, but then i wanted to go organic, but idk since it's my first grow i think chem ferts would be easier, but i have time to think about that.

2. Here are some pics i took. the first 2 were taken on 5/18 and the last 2 were taken on 5/20. I'll take some more pics soon. But on the tallest plant there are spots on its leaves. idk whats wrong with it. Could it be the lack of good soil, or a sign that i need to transplant them soon?

thanks

Attached Files:

3. okay.....im prob gonna transplant them into the ground tomorrow......and i'm gonna be using Scotts Premium Topsoil. Should i get some perlite?

thanks

4. so scotts premium soil is good for a begginner grow outdoors????

5. Kman, have you transplanted them yet? If so, did it work out alright for you? I was thinking of doing something similar, but I was told that I should use the same type of soil/dirt in the cup or pot, that they would eventually be transplanted to, whether it be another pot or the ground. Just curious, and keep us updated. Good luck. :D

6. I suggest using fox farm ocean forest if you haven't already bought a soil. Great ph level bat guano, worm casting, peat moss all that good stuff

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/ then click on where to buy.

A 1.5 cubic feet bag cost me 21.95 at home depot but another bag cost me 13.99 at a indoor garden store. Good luck on the buddage :smoke:

7. yeah i transplanted em.....jus wondering how deep should the hole in the ground be....i think i did a good job tho.....

and i would of used fox farms, but the only place that carries it in like an hour drive away.....the 1st 2 pics are new.....and the last 2 are good pics, but before the transplant.....

Attached Files:

8. you should think about using Miracle Grow Organic Choice for the next planted. i prefer to use it. Its alot more "stick-less." Maybe mix in some different like garden dirt, add some water mix it up(not to much water), your all good. feel free to argue:smoke:

9. MG Organic Choice is great. The problem is lots of people here shy away from MG products because the "slow release" fertilizers they put in some of their products. Organic Choice has no added chemical fertilizers or slow release anything in it. So it's the low cost alternative to more expensive dirt and is VERY easy to find (e.g. Wal-Mart, Lowes, etc). I use it with good results and would recommend it to anyone.

10. okay i'll think about using MG Organic Choice next season......so i jus wanted to know how deep should the holes i dig in the ground be for plant be when i transplant.....i jus want to know if i dug deep enough.

thanks

11. Just like you would do it for any other plant. I dig about 2 inches deeper then the depth of the pot your transplanting from, and throw in a couple inches of potting soil. Put your lady in the ground, and fill it in with the loose dirt... and maybe sprinkle some potting soil on top. Just depends on how hard you're trying to make it look "natural".

12. they look good today.....jus needed some water......and on Thursday ill buy a good shovel and transplant the rest......i don't have any pics tho......cause i left my cell at home......ill take some more pics soon.

13. okay i got new pics.....i took five today......theyre lookin good the only problem i see is some of the plants leaves are getting eaten by bugs or flies......what can i do to prevent this.....is there some kind of bug repellent for plants?

thanks

Attached Files:

14. okay i think i might cut the bottom off a clear 2 liter soda bottle and place it in the ground over the plants to protect them......and unscrew the cap off the mini green house to allow the heat out. What do you guys think.....cause i think i might be getting a bug problem on 1 or 2 plants. Its jus to protect them and when they outgrow it, ill jus remove it.

15. update: took 2 pics today.....theyre looking pretty good......jus wondering when i should start using fertilizer......thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Updtae: took 2 pics today.....and i also bought some Miracle Grow All Purpose fertilizer. 24-15-10 i think......i dont really remember the exact NPK, but i think its perfect for Veg.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. oh and i forgot to ask.....when do you guys think it'll start showing it's sex, cause i want to get rid of the males as soon as possible.....thanks

18. Mine usually pre-sex in six to eight weeks.

19. alright thanks.....can i start using veg ferts soon......i'm saying in like 1-2 weeks.....is that alright? and ill prob start out with 1/4 strength first.

thanks

20. Your growing in the ground correct? If you are look around at the vegitaition.Look at the size and type.If there is large healthy vegitaition growing around your grow you can bet the soil is prety fertile.This meens you will not need to feed often.Id wait a couple weeks unless the plant shows signs of needing fed.When you do feed you may think about using a good time release fert I use 10-10-10 spread in a circle 18-24"" from the stem.This area will become the plants inside drip line as the plant grows taller and wider.

Drip Line :The outer edge of a tree or shrub the point where water would drip to the ground from the outer leaves of a plant. Often used as a reference point for feeding plants.