My first outdoor grow- ready for harvest!!!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by onetime2123, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Greetings from sunny Florida,

This is my first post, however I have been using this site for the last few months to gather as much information as possible to assist me in this grow. Thanks to grasscity, and everyone on here for all the great posts, pictures, and threads along the way.

I wanted to post a few pictures before I chop her down tomorrow. :hello::hello::hello:

This grow is just one plant, seed originated from a coffee shop in Amsterdam that my cousin brought back from his recent trip. I got a late start (7/10 germination) but the plant has progressed nicely from start to finish. I am using a 5 gallon pot filled with Foxfarm soil, fertilized with bio thrive grow from General Organics (started week 3) throughout Veg. I would always use 1/2 recommended, mixed with collected rain water. At eight weeks sunlight got down to 12/12 and she started to flower. Since that point I have been using bio thrive bloom, camg+, and biobud mixed again with collected rain water. I always checked the ph of the mix, and had good success keeping it between 6.3-6.8 when feeding. Other then that I have let nature do it's thing :)

I bought a cheap ($12) hand held microscope from Radio Shack to monitor the progress of the Trichs and I am almost @ 100% cloudy with a few amber. I feel like this is a good place to harvest based upon what I have read. I decided not to top, lsd, or any other "advanced" method until I got through this first grow. I felt I have learned a lot through this process and will be much better equipt to handle my next grow.

I had very healthy growth through the entire Veg process, nutrients took very well, and she grew very fast and strong. However as soon as budding started I have fought with catepillers frequently. I check on the plant everyday and got all of them before they could do much damage. I will definitely be investing in a neem oil product for the next go around.

Anyway sorry to ramble, and I know this isn't the traditional "grow journal" but I will be chopping her tomorrow night, and starting the drying process. I intend on curing the buds for at least two weeks in mason jars before tasting her!! Pictures to follow when everything is complete.

Happy growing & anyone that wants to help in the decriminalization of marijuana let your voice be heard in 2012!!!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      331.6 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      339 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      330.6 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      127.5 KB
      Views:
  2. where you at in FL?

3. Hey there. I'm not an expert, i have had a few plants though. From my experience i want to say be sure of what your seeing. By that i mean the trichomes. Ive harvested too early, too late, and just about right, but not quite what i would call a perfect harvest.

It looks like too many white hairs. Also it might plump up a bit more. In the last week or so it should get more dense.

Lastly, I have that same scope from "the shack". The light i have is a red light. It will make the trichs look amber. Make sure its properly lit.