Camo pots vs plastic - Lemon Trainwreck grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by mjmama25, Jun 3, 2011.

1. I just got 2 Lemon Trainwreck clones from a club in NorCal. I had them both outdoors in 20 gallon plastic tubs with Masters Pride pro potting soil. Today I decided to move one of them into a 20 gallon camo pot and do a comparison grow. Everything else will be the same. Clones are both 1 week old, Lemon Trainwreck, same soil, same nutes, same watering regimen. This will decide if I use all camo pots next year or stick with what I've got. Pics coming soon. I'm open to any tips, questions, etc...

2. is a camo pot one that decintegrates into the ground?

3. No, they are made of cloth so they breath and allow more air flow to the roots. They can be used year after year and don't break down. I've heard a 15 gallon camo pot will grow as much as a 20 gallon plastic container because they keep the roots so happy. Also the camouflage is nice if you don't want to be detected. My other containers were bright green, lol. This test is too see if all the hype about camo pots is true. I think it will be from what I've heard.

4. #4 jcofillinois, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    alright, thanks for clearing that up. and it sounds like it would be beneficial, i know what you mean about the bright ass colors pots can have. i've never even hears of this, now i might have to try.

5. Day one of camo pot vs plastic - Lemon Trainwreck pics

Attached Files:

6. Anyone else have experience with camo pots?

7. I've never used them. But I like your grow man good luck.

8. I always enjoys the journals like this. I've contemplated buying both of those, seeing a side by side grow will be great. Do you think you will have to water the camopot more often?

9. You know that's a good question. I'm sure I'll have to. And that will give me more chances to feed. That could be an added benefit of the camo pots. With how cool this summer has been, it's taking for ever in between waterings.

10. Day 2 - The clone that got transplanted to the camo pot isn't showing any signs of stress even though I flubbed the root ball when transplanting it. In fact, it already looks a little happier than the one in the plastic pot. It's to early to tell, but I think I'm going to like camo pots.

11. Besides my Lemon Trainwreck, these are some Headband clones I have rooting. I really hope they take, because they're mother is flowering now and I'd like to grow more of this strain.

Attached Files:

12. #13 mjmama25, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
    Day 4 - Clones had a light foliage feeding with molasses, fish emulsions and bloom nutes that together come out to a 4-10-10 veg solution.

Attached Files:

13. Both plants got treated with neem oil today. I mixed 1 gallon warm water with 1 tablespoon neem oil, and a couple drops of dish soap, shook well and let cool. Then shook again, put it in a spray bottle and drenched the clones with it. I made sure to get the undersides of leaves where mites tend to live.

14. Im using these Camo's also. The #20's. So far im digging them, obviously sturdy, and well made. I can see using them over and over. The only outdoor experience i have is potted plants, and much smaller pots at that. Im hoping for some pretty decent size girls this year.

15. Since someone pointed out that the camo pots will need watered more often, I can't do exactly the same watering schedule like I had planned. I will water as needed for both but still only feed at the same time.

16. Yeah, last year I didn't have the money for big enough pots. I had a few in ground but they were crappy seeds. This year I have bigger pots and nice clones. I'm looking forward to the results.

17. Lemon tw sounds awesome! I love the wide selection of clones from all our clubs.

No camo pot experience, but they look cool. Gl.

18. Thanks man. I think I have a good selection of strains this season.

Lemon Trainwreck
    Purple Urkle
    Pineapple Kush
    Headband
    Sour Diesel
    OC Sour Diesel
    C99
    and 30 bagseed :hello:

19. The clone in the camo pot needed watering. It got about 1 gallon. It didn't need much because only the top 5 inches or so were dry, but since it hasn't had time to spread deep roots yet, it needed the water.