2011 autoflower grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by icechest13, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Well after a failed attempt at a guerilla grow last year im back at it for another try! Apologies to anyone following last years thread as I disappeared from the forums until now. But enough of the past and on to the future...This year im going to try 3 autoflower strains the order has been put in so I should recieve the seeds in a couple weeks.

All Autofems-

Big Bud - Big Bud Auto Seeds - Big bud autoflowering seeds

Super Silver Haze - Super Silver Haze Automatic Seeds

And the feebies which are easy ryder autofems

If anyone has any advice with growing auto-flowers let me know! The autoflower growing guides all recommend 2 gal bucket size for them but the big bud claims upto 200 grams per plant, wondering if I should upgrade the size for those? What do ya think?

2. It's been awhile since I've grown in a pot.....but I would say error on the side of caution and use a bigger container. It's easier to control the ph and whatnot in the soil, and it gives the roots more room to grow. Good luck man.

3. I was thinking about trying to germ my low ryder2 seeds today. Planning on putting them outside the last week of April. Icechest, question-You got Super Silver Haze in autoflower? I tried to grow SSH outdoors 3 yrs ago but it was not an autoflower, just a straight sativa. Got bushwhacked by early winter storm with that experiment.

4. kool dude goodluck, im doing an outdoor autoflower grow myself defo gunna keep tuned in to your journal :)

Peace and Pot

5. Every good grower should be looking a beautiful woman while choosing seeds ;)
    I actually read your entire diesel ryder journal before I ordered my seeds. You were one of the few start to finish journals I could find. Thanks for checking in on me. Question for you - what size pots did you grow those babys in?

6. Thanks for the advice, I think I will go with the 3 gal just to be safe.

7. Super Silver Haze Automatic Seeds

Yeah you can click the link to the site I ordered from, I ordered from these guys last year and everything went smooth. I see your in the 218 not far from me then :wave: Good luck on your ryder2 grow I though about picking up some of those myself but decided to try some with a bit higher yield.

8. Thanks sub'd yours also

9. Believe it or not mine where in just 3 liter containers ( about a gallon and a half).
    Yes little container ,big yield for autos [​IMG]

10. I thought I had Lowryder 2 seeds but what I got is a feminized Easy Ryder (AK47 x Lowryder2, I think). It took only 1 day to germinate using the wet paper towel method. I stuck it in a biodegradable cow pie pot. This baby will be indoors until about April 27th and then I got no choice but to put it outside as I'm going to be away from home for about 10 days. I've been thinking about covering it with floating row cover fabric for that stretch when I'm away. Anyone ever try covering their seedlings that way? It's mainly used for an insect barrier but I think it'll protect against frost too.

I'm going to grow Super Cali Haze as well but won't germinate until around May 9th.

11. looks killer man i love those autos come check out mine updates on the reg with pics :)

12. That EasyRyder that germinated in 1 day now has 4 leaves. If the weather would warm up, I'd start putting this baby outside for short stretches during the day. Temperature doesn't look like it'll even hit 40 F today.

13. Yeah I know how that goes, im waiting another 10 days or so before I start my first batch, I was going to start this week but seeing as its snowing outside...I think I will wait ;)

14. Oooh, I've never seen those strains of autoflowers! I'm growing 5 Auto's this year, got a journal but I'll be stopping by here to compare :)
    Good luck mayne!:wave:

15. #16 icechest13, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
    Well it was looking like an early spring, overnight temps in the mid 40's but that only lasted about 10 days, then it went back to 25-35 and actually snowed a few days. So I will most likely wait until the 15th to start my first "real" batch outdoors. Two weeks indoor under the CFLs then outdoors June 1st they go. But my thread is looking a little bare so im going to take a gamble on 1 of the super silver haze seeds, its in the paper towel as im writing. I will put up some pictures once she breaks through. We will call her "early bird" :)

As for the remainder of the seeds granted they all germ fine I will be doing a perpetual grow of 3 plants every 2 weeks. Total of 4 different harvests. (not including "early bird") With any luck by the time the last batch is outdoors the first will be ready to harvest.

That is all for now, thanks for checkin in!

16. Well 48 hours of germination got the sprout into my pot, its been 3 day since she was in the dirt and has broke through, although the seed has not fallen off yet so you cant see any green. Once this happens I WILL put up a picture, I just figure no one needs to see a seed on a stem in a pot.

And as for the weather *sigh* its been snowing off and on for the last couple days. But the next week looks better, right now overnight temps are 35-40 but next week its lookin a lot better (if I can trust the weather man) overnight lows about 45. Looks like earlybird might do pretty well!

17. #18 chronicon, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
    Cool selection of autos! I'm growing some Himalayan Blue Diesel autos.

I've got 6 of them and half of them are 10 days younger than the other half, that way it gives me just enough time to dry out the first harvest and have my drying space ready for the next harvest.

Can't wait for the pics (I think seedlings are sick by the way)

18. Very nice, im staggering out my seeds also. My first batch of 3 plants will go outdoors on june 1st, then the next on june 15th ect. So about july (when earlybird is ready) Things will start getting fun, I hope these babys get big!:D

19. I'm hoping to gain some height on mine as well but my average with these seeds under my friends 1000w and various outdoor grows is 10-15 inches and I doubt I'm going to get anything bigger than that, if anything I'll get some stupid ass dwarfs.