Growing mids in the forest

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by LETTUCE CHIEF, Apr 10, 2011.

1. #1 LETTUCE CHIEF, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
    hello:wave:

im starting small with this, and if it works out ill get some better seeds and make the grow better next year. for this year, im workin with what i got.

ive got some bagseed from a quarter of mids. i used a cleaned out can of mushroom soup and stuffed it with moist paper towels and shoved the seeds in between them paper towels. 2 of them sprouted...

i put them in a small but reasonable size pot. i only plan to keep them in this pot for a week or so and then im going to transplant them to the forest near my house. anyway, the soil that i used for this pot was some potting soil i had in my garage.

i live in illinois so the weathers not too bad.
    i plan on putting the seedlings straight into the ground without pots when i transplant them.

ill update this post periodically.

put pot that had sprouted seeds outside in the sun from 10-am till 6-pm. theyre inside tonight. ill put them back outside in the morning. once they grow a bit more ill take some nice pics. im really hoping that theyre females, if they males ill be bummed. but, does anyone know what i can do with the males? or are they 100% useless?

2. you can smoke the buds they just dont have much thc watch out for hermapherdites im using bagseed mids to in the forest im in nc though

3. what should i watch out for?

and i figure you gottta start somewhere, so ill start this bagseed and sell an O or two to friends for cheap. get like $50 and get some other seeds.

anything i should do that will help these plants out more? or anything i shouldnt do?

4. hermapherdites are plants that are both male and female so it can pollinate itself and honestly man im learning to im no expert i figure experiance is the best way i really want to try purple widow for my next grow i just wanted to try bagseed to see if i could do it so im in the same boat haha but im sure you will do fine just dont overwater or overfeed

5. here she is, 5 days old. shes outside during the day, inside at night till the temps in illinois get a bit higher.

i also have another seed germinating as we speak

Attached Files:

6. yeah ours do look alike haha but yours look way better than mine now some are missing leafs from the hail but recovering none the less

7. well good to hear they arent totally dead! and theyre strong little guys, soon theyll be looking like new in no time!

and actually on one of mine on leaf is slightly bigger than the one adjacent to it. ahah its cute though.

also, how about miracle grow? lol yay or nay

8. honestly thats what im using miracle organic grow

9. shes straightened up a bit more now and the stem near the leaves is actually green now. :)

im gonna move it to the forest tomorrow to make room for my other seeds that i started to germinate today.

10. awesome man how warm is it there right now? how many do you think you will end up having? sounds like they are doing good, should be taking off soon.

11. well, its bagseed so i cant really say. my first time germinating, i used i wanna say 10 seeds? 2 germinated and i think more would have if i let them sit longer, like they were getting bigger so i think they were due to pop soon. i really wanted a variety though, so i didnt care much what happened. the other one that germd the sun burnt it. i didnt even realize it wasnt fully submerged. i guess the soil moved when i transported from kitchen table to outside. ):

lately the nights have been low in the low 40's. the days have been in the 50's. then again tomorrow is in the 60's and then the next few days are in the low 50's so its hard to tell when exactly to put them outside.

ill just keep germinating till they grow correctly and dont die.

in the end i hope for 4 females though.

how about cloning? i read somewhere in a LST thrad that after the OP LST'd the plant down twice, he started to cut clones off of it. now the plant will only be around a month or so old when i LST it so i might be able to get some clones, but i dont know about all of that.

haha im just working with what i got and trying to make the most of it. so at least next year ill have experience and know what to do for the most part. also just growing the plant is good to learn about it. even if i end up with alll males i may still continue to grow a few

12. i might try cloning next time i heard its not good to do for beginners cause you could end up putting too much stress on the plant your cloning and turn it male but hey doesnt hurt to take risk sometimes you might be fine im going off of just what ive heard and if you end up getting that part down oh man you will be set haha

13. hahah ill try on a plant or two here this grow, so i know what to do and what not to do next year when ill have better seeds. im really not a big smoker of mids so this harvest aint too important to me.

but aww man if i can get cloning down ill have like 20 plants next year :)

14. heck yeah man haha i need to get cloning down so i can do the same thing

15. Good luck with everything bro.Ima be followin your progress.Cant wait to see more pics when it grows some more.

16. #16 LETTUCE CHIEF, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011
    i wish i could

i put them in a substantially bigger pot. i got an idea of how much the roots were growing in 2 weeks, so ill transplant them again on the 21st. there are 6 seeds total in the 1 pot. i know its not the best idea but its been done before. also, i found my final spot yesterday. i brought my dog on a hike with me into the woods. the area is surrounded by the trees, and it has water. in between the patches of water, is some dry land. its basically like a 5 foot strip of dry land, then a 2 foot patch of water. the water is sitting on the surface and only about 5 inches deep. i dug two holes... i plan to dig more.

one concern though, my dog got dirty in the forest so i gave him a bath. upon doing so, he had two ticks. the ticks were obviosuly from the forest and still had a fresh bite. i removed both and but in alcohol, but im still worried bout my pup. its also a bummer now that i cant bring him with me anymore. we were totally chillen while i was diggin holes lol.

also at around 9 when i went to put my clothes in the wash, a tick was on them

oh and the soil is nice and moist and easy to dig. ill take pics of the spot when i got the plants in!

the seeds that didnt germinate, im letting stay in the pper towels for another night. i got more seeds too, woot!

oh and im picking up an eighth of dankity dank tomorrow :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. hell yeah man keep it up man you will have some nice ones

18. man that is ENTIRELY too wet.

19. pics are deceiving lol.

i used a spray bottle and sprayed the top of the soil. so it does prolly look really wet, but only the top is wet.

bad news tho... a little cold here in IL.

anyway, when i went outside to get the plants, the sprouted one was leaned all the way over )=

for the past two days the plant would be leant over a bit at night and around 3 in the day after it got some sun itd be standing up again. well this time it was like 100% turned sideways lol.

prolly put too much stress on it.

i see it as an oppurtunity to start a new strain

oh and the plant roots are wet because where i lied the plant down while i got it all ready, that part was a little bit wet from the tub.

20. put them under light at night get some cheap cfls just to get them to recover some