OldPork's Deep in the Bush 2011

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by OldPork, Apr 9, 2011.

1. #1 OldPork, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
    Long ago in 1500 BC, A Mayan farmer prays over his seed the night before and burns incense to prepare the seed for planting. Before sunrise, he walks to the middle of the field and, while the sun is rising, he kneels to pray to the gods to ask for care and protection of his precious crop. He burns incense and calls on the hills and valleys of the area by name. He takes a deep breath because he is sorry to be piercing the earth with his pointed stick, and then digs seven holes. Into each hole he drops a precious seed. When he is finished, he returns to his family for a feast.

Hello again and welcome to my 2011 garden party. It's good to have you here and the house rules remain the same. Respect for all, good conversation, no hate, no fighting. Basically don't be a total asshole, ask decent questions, and you'll be good.
    I'll be growing 13-15 plants, with backups in case things go south. Again it will be as organic as I can keep it for lots of reasons but primarily because I don't wanna cheat myself out of the character and flavor of the genetics I purchased. Use those chemicals and you'll get lots of weed, but all shitty tasting, headache-inducing, unhealthy, non-winning grinch weed that I wouldn't let porkdog wipe his butt with.:eek: OK so here are the strains I have to choose from:

5-Paradise Seeds Sensi Star Feminized 1
    5-Barneys Farm Tangerine Dream Feminized 1
    5-Green House Seeds White Widow Feminized (on order)
    5-Female Seeds X-Line C99 Hybrid (on order)
    3-Paradise Seeds Pandora Autofems 1
    1-Reserva Privada Kandy Kush Feminized
    1-Kannabia Afrodite Feminized 1
    1-Dinafem Powerkush
    1-Dinafem Blue Widow
    1-Buddha Deimos Autofem
    1-Buddha Red Dwarf Autofem
    1-Dinafem Critcal Jack 1
    1-Dinafem Moby Dick#2 1
    3-Green House Seeds Femmed Himalaya Gold
    10-Reg M.O.D Menage a Trois

I am putting out my first of three rounds, spread a week or so apart. If there is a "1" next to the stain listed above, they are in round 1, the early round.
    I'm germinating outdoors in soil filled cups. I normally like to put em out in a soaking rain to crack em and then a warming trend to bring em out. Those conditions are met this weekend: a good soaking rain with the next few days to be warm in the 70F-80F range and evening temps above 50.
    I decided to try 16 oz styrofoam cups this year , yes I know the environment, but those plastic solo cups aren't exactly nature's pal either. My seed-starting soil mix is proven and simple: 80:20 ratio of Promix BX to wormcastings all mixed up in a 5 gallon bucket. I loaded the mix into the cups only 3/4 full with pencil size drainage hole in the bottom. The low soil level will allow me to add more later to stabilize spindly seedlings.;)
    Anyway I'm excited and feeling good about things. Welcome aboard. I need to run out and do a few Saturday errands, but I'll leave you with these pics of the process thus far.

Attached Files:

2. Sounds like a party my friend. Sub'd for sure.

(Lucky old man, I can't find any promix around me for at least 100 miles!)

3. #3 dankohzee, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
    :wave::wave::hello::hello::D:hello::hello::wave::wave:

I'm in pard'ner! Lets get this show on the road!

I've been knowing Oldpork for a few years now, and so far he hasn't failed to entertain with his splediferous displays of stink and stickiness. This year's line-up , I'm afraid, is going to be the highlight of the 2011 grow season. I admire your enthusiasm on the Tangering Dream, my friend. And despite the negative shit you sometimes hear in regard to cup winners, I happen to know first hand that the boys and girls at barneys don't put out any crap.

The sensi star, however, is the strain I'll be watching. This is one I've considered on numerous occasions and passed over. Being one of the most award winning strains in cannabis history, I feel certain it will put on a fine show and provide a fine stash of powerful herb. My only fear is it may be too potent for the sometimes bacchanalian old Pork ;)

Due to a few security issues and a lack of time, I have decided not to do my own thread this year and have secured the permission of the venerable Old Pork to post my grow updates right here in Porksville. That's right folks, there's definitely going to be some fire in the bush this year, you can believe that. Let her roll Pork :)

4. My man. We're gonna have a good time. Mi casa es su casa.;)

5. :wave: I'll be over for harvest for sure!! Really looking forward to watching your fire grow deep in the bush XD

6. Good luck op n dank. I think with the twos of you on this journal you might have 150000 views. Damn that's alot of people.

7. Good luck ya ol’ fart!

Looks like it will be double trouble on this thread with dank posting his updates as well.
    This season is lookin to be a good one, I think come September/October we will all be surprised with what we see :smoke:

Again, good luck this season, I’ll poke my head in now and again for some knowledge and praise.

8. I've got my notepad out for another knowledge filled season with OP, and to have Danko's grow posted here, this will be a thread for the books. Good luck boys and thanks for sharing the wealth of information. The cannabis world would not be the same without guys like you. Lets grow some weed.

9. OldPork,

I swear bro you are one inspiring ass dude. Your grows are entertaining, informative and down right fun. I'm still laughing at your intro. I'll be doing a journal this year as well. I've already got my ladies vegging as we speak. And let me tell you I am impressed with Dinafem all the way bro. The Moby Dick is the Diana Ross of my show. She is really a starlet and comes out on the stage strong and vigorous. She is going to be a GIANT! I just made me a bubble cloner and I think I'm going to give her some sisters. Good luck to you buddy. And thank you for inspiring us all.

10. Looking forward to another great show from you guys this year! :wave:

11. Thanks guys, I have to say that with the fine impending weather - a 6 day stretch of perfect germing weather, I am very tempted to pop a few more seeds in the cups. But around April 17th the night time temps will drop drastically--close to freezing again. This is such a tricky time of year for me. Guess I'll stick to the game plan. Dank, picked up these Soil Moist water retention crystals for the smartpots and of course the obligatory DEET based spray...guess it's time to get my hide chewed on again. The directions on the crystals say to keep them mixed at the bottom of the pot and not in the soil close to the surface. Can't wait to see some green shoots, the Dinafem Critcal Jack and Moby Dick#2 are UFO's from last year and I have no idea what to expect from that Kannabia Afrodite. The Tangerine Dream seeds seemed very small compared to all the others, but lots of my best plants came from those puny type seeds.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Subd. Your doing all the plants im looking at growing too. I cant wait.

13. Good like fine Sir. I think I can safely speak for many when I say; we've been waiting for this thread with eager anticipation. Then with Dank's announcement, it's like getting a surprise double feature for the price of one!

So, with the above quote I posted, if you do decide to throw in a few more seeds, would you be open to.... encouragement perhaps? Or perhaps let your fans vote on a strain that didn't make the first string cut? In any case, if you do, I would really like to see your results and findings on the Blue Widow. Therefore that is my personal request/vote.

I wish you the best of success this season OldPork and Dankohzee. Thank you for education and entertainment.

14. Greetings!! I've got a lot to learn and between Pork and Danko, I think we'll all learn something new as usual :hello: You guys are some inspirational fellas and I feel more confident going into my first grow thanks to you two!!

The New England weather isn't quite warm enough to start planting yet where I am... But soon! I'm hoping Mother Nature will let things go relatively smoothly for us all, I'll be sending good vibes to all you growers out there :D:smoke:

15. new addition very nice

16. pullin up a chair. this is the journal ive been waiting for.

17. What up Pork! Yeah my tangerine dream seeds were pretty small I ordered 5 fems and 3 of mine did not live very long the other 2 are good now. hope you have better luck with yours i will be watching!

18. I got on the boat. I'm with you.

19. #19 OldPork, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
    I guess I got excited when the TD won the cup and ordered it up...haven't heard much about her since except for the shitty germ rates. I hope she's not a loser. I checked out your youtube vidz and I can tell you are a man that knows how to take the proper precautions, and how to protect your plants. I can see you're not afraid to spend a little jack to feed em the good stuff. Gotta do it man there are no workarounds. Very entertaining and informative and I'll be forking over a +rep to you for that. In fact I think I'll just start my day with one of them. So invigorating. Thanks bro and glad you're here. :)

20. i noticed that white widow was one of your favorite strains which leads me to ask have you tried purple widow and if so what are your thoughts on it ive tried looking up grow journals on it but without much luck just want an expert opinion on it