(UPDATE)First Outdoor Florida Grow - Bagseed (FLOWERING)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by jayswag, Mar 19, 2011.

1. #1 jayswag, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    Hey guys! New to the forums here, been smoking for a few years now, im 22 yrs old from cent. florida.. I wanted to start posting on a grow forum like this to get advice on my plants and how to improve etc.

This is my first real outdoor grow where Im actually seeing buds on the plants. (other grows died and got eatin etc)

I have to plants in the woods im currently growing...

The plants are both from bag seed, the big plant is from some really nice mid grade MJ found around here, and the smaller neon green plant is actually a seed I got lucky and found a seed in some chronic called "tropicals" but Im not 100% sure if this plant is female yet..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tropicals Plant Below (high grade mj) hope its a girl!

[​IMG]

I started the Big plant in mid january.... Does this mean that this is a Auto-flower strain since its already buding? Will I be able to re-veg this plant possibly since it looks like its gonna finish way early.... And lastly am I able to clone any part of the big plant (like clone the trimming if I topped the plant)

P.S IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE THE BIG PLANY BUSHY SO IT HAS MORE BRANCHES = MORE YEILD??

Side Note* Theres not soil all the way up the pot because i didnt plan on any of the bag seed plants getting this good...

Im gonna get some foxfarm nutes for flowering and such, since Im pretty sure I can make that mid grade strain into some higher grade with no seeds.

Any advice would be great, pat on the back w.e you got plz post. Thanks!

2. only 2 months plants wont flower in florida are june and july, other then those months the days are to short.

3. Nice sentence lol but thanks makes a little sense...

Any other suggestions, am I able to make the bigger plant bushy or now that its flowering I cant top it... etc Please let me knowwwwwwwwwww

4. UPDATE! - The Big plant literally smells like juicy fruit! remember that seed came from some mid grade bagseed lol but it def. looks and smells better then any mids ive seen :)

[​IMG]

Lots of new bud sites! also looks to have small Veg sites toward the very bottom of the main stem!

[​IMG]

5. Thanks bro~!!!

Is the color change around the bud site (top cola) normal?

Please let me know any tips you may have! Thanks alot!

6. Any new growth? I'm from Florida also and I just got my soil and pots to the woods today. I was aboute to take the seedlings to the spot but unfourtunatly they were stolen from the side of my house :confused: :confused:

Planning on getting my journal up in the next 3 or 4 days, I will be growing 5 Himalayan Blue Diesel auto flowering and Mabe one photoperiod Chrystal seed I got from attitude recently.

Cheers to Florida, oh and what soil are you using??

7. i started mine about a month ago and im in the panhandle and they are looking great

8. Hell ya there is new growth! The buds get Bigger and smell better literrally everyday I go check them, they got pounded by rain and a little hail the last 3 days, but just made my main stem stronger! anyways, I transplanted anouther mids plant into the white trashcan you can see to the left, (drilled holes in bottom) you cant see it in the pic prob. but the one in the trash can has white hairs sticking out the top node already.

SHOULD I TOP THE TROPICALS PLANT?? (Tall skinny neon green one to the right.)

I use Hypotek soil from ace hardware, gonna be using fox farm nutes on these girls soon. :)

[​IMG]

Main Cola on this plant is sooooo sticky and smells like JUICY FRUIT!! :)

[​IMG]

Heres the Pic showing the newest addition to my mini crop :) (also bagseed from mid grade)

[​IMG]

Last Pic Showing the Tropicals Plant (showing signs of strech... should I top??)

[​IMG]

Thanks for the comments guys! and good luck with your grows! Just takes a slight green thumb.

9. Subbed for harvest. That "big" plant definitely looks to be in very very good shape. Nice work.

10. Thanks man, ya she is doing lovely!

can you just confirm what the comment " Subbed for harvest" means? (sry slow ha)

will post more pix soon, its rained the last 3 days but just making the main stem THICKER!

11. Im in this thread until you harvest your plant watching the whole process dude. I want to see what works for you so I can use it for my plants on my grows.

12. #14 jayswag, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011

Nice! good now I feel like I actually have a good reason to post here lol ok, well Im gonna get some new pix today, also since Im sure the soil is starting to loose nutes, ill be going to the hydroponics strore later this week and buy some quality nutes (they have everything there..) I will DEF. report what I use as far as nutes and such.

Side Note: Its been raing quite HEAVY the last 4 days, finally today is hott and sunny! but honestly it looks like the plants are loving it! no druppy-ness*sp* leaves sticking up, no yellowing on ANY leaves ethier...

Incase I forgot to add the soil type is Hypotek Potting soil @ Acehardware like $3 a bag, def. some quality stuff but nothing special. Plants seem to love it though! :)
    *PIC UPDATE!*

Edit* Theres alot more bud on the bigger plant then meets the naked eye! check out the 5th pic to the right! Youll see whats hiding in those fan leaves!!! :)

I WISH you guys could smell the juicy fruit stank-ness coming from this plant! its crazy SUPER sticky all over the plant too!

Attached Files:

13. SWEET! Summer HARVEST!? I love it dude. You'll be everyone's best bud here in couple months! :p Way to go

edit: hope your starting to bring them in just short of sun set. Keep em flowering hard!

14. #16 jayswag, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011
    I dont touch them, they are in a certain part of the north side of the woods so It only gets 6-10 hours MAX per day.. they babies will continue to flower lovely til I pick em! Im going to try to re-veg all these plants as well. Thank you for the comments!! Just hoping the tropicals plant will make two bud branches since I topped it! :)

edit* and these plants were put in a peat starter pellets on Jan. 13th... if they were indoor they would be bigger IMO since the original spot they were in got LITTLE light per day... all good now though in the new spot!

p.s does anyone know what type of plant my bigger one could be? maybe hybrid? whats u with the sets of 3 leave fan leafs? not worried bout it just would like to know kind it is.. :p

15. #17 jayswag, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
    UPDATE! - Plants looking great!

Hey guys, havent updated in a lil so i figured Id post some pics today, sorry for the lower quality, had to sell my iphone and im using a palm pixi atm... but anywho ill get some pictures with my girlfriends captivate which has a way better camera.

Anywayssss, so I found out the fert. im using "Bloom burst" is pretty strong.. although all it seems to do is make the buds bigger on my plant!(lol) what I mean by this is there is little to NO yellowing on the bigger plant at all! and also this strain MUST just be some awesome commerical hybrid, its seems immune to the high temps, harsh rain storms, mold etc very strong strain and/or plant! Depending on how it comes out, I will def. be trying to continue this strain.. possibly even fert. a female to get some seeds off a clone... hmm

Edit* The Kink in the tall skinny plant (tropicals) is from when I bent the top shoot 90 degree angle.. it eventually just stood str8 up and repaired the break lol... strong plant :)

Attached Files:

16. Startin to get some nice little nuggets!!

This reminds me I gotta go start my journal

17. Update :) Looking very nice, just ran out of the bloom burst nutes I was using, switching over to water for a week or so I cant afford anymore atm.. But plants are doing great@!

and I also got two clones started... Im only using water and a peat pellet... we have plenty of humidity here hopefully they sprout some legs! ^_^

Attached Files:

18. looks really good man