Miasm's first outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Miasm, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Greetings GC,
    I started thinking about growing in January, and ever since I've been reading on everything green. I ordered some easy rider seeds from amsterdam cannabis seeds latee Febuary and should be getting them soon so I'm setting this up early. Since I ordered those seeds, I thought about breeding my own autoflower strain, and will be doing that as well. I hit the Store yesterday and picked up fox farm ocean forest potting soil, super bloom, Dr.Q's Blood meal, and B1..I'm pretty sure that should get me going no problem, but if I should get something, for sure tell me! :hello:

Hope to see you here GC :smoke:

2. Update: The additional seeds have been ordered for the breeding projects.. I picked a decent variety of female seeds for a $50 seed budget(exclude ER's)
    Strains:
    Ice Kush from Advanced seeds
    Black Diesel from Advanced seeds
    Galaxy from Pyramid
    Tutankhamon from Pyramid
    Blue Widow from Dinafem
    (Plus the two free seeds from dinafem, cali hash plant and Blue hash)
    This grow journal is probably going to be a long one, I want to get many varied seeds with different pheno's from each of those above crossed with an autoflower, and I will be inbreeding most likely 3 times to get all autoflowers, but this is not by any means a yield grow.

Now I just gotta wait for those ERs...:smoke:

3. Bump...
    ER#1 has germed and is in the pot now, I put a baggie over it but I'm a little worried since its windy today..Should be fine.
    ER#2,3,4, and 5 are still germing along with 3 of the free indica/sativa seeds.
    No pics yet so I'm trying to get that fixed.

4. #4 Miasm, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    UPDATE!!!
    It's almost been a week since I started germing, All 8 seeds were planted, but Las Vegas has had an absolute Crazy fucking windstorm, pushing 55mphs at max speed which also in turn made it chilly at night, i feared for the beans' health but all 5 ER's seem to be kickin' ass!! I noticed the cotdelyons on 3 of them last night, and this morning I made a very cheap but actually very effective insulator with bags, a spaceheater, and some bricks. I out a thermometer behind the plants(farthest away from heater) and it was mid 80 on high and 77 turned down, I adjusted it throughout the day(twice) They've almost doubled in size from when I first noticed them.

I also measured the ph of the water being used, the soil without the blood meal, the soil with the blood meal, and the runoff..

PH:
    7.2 Water
    6.8 Soil
    6.3 Soil with Blood meal
    6.7 Soil runoff
    6.0 Soil with Blood meal runoff

I've come to understand slighty acidic ph is best for nutrient absorbition so I hope this continiuos shitty weather won't fuck my grow :/

Edit: Just a little extra info, after my cat Rexxo lost his job his dealer called and hit HIM up for weed, so Rexxo call his other dealer and ask how much he'd do a half of romulus for, he said $135 at first, but Rexxo mentioned he made some hash from his last pickup and smoked him out and got it for $120. Rexo might have another cash flow and access to some seeds ;D

5. It rained last night, The plants weren't drenched since they still have cover, but the wind is persisting and its gonna be here throughout the week. However they seem to be doing well, the stems are very thick and they started thier second set cotyledons today. Im wondering wether I should water them again or not, and I'm reading some other tips so I'm not doing anything regretful.

6. Startin my first grow soon.Are you gonna put up pics? good luck

7. UPDATES!! 4 of the 5 ER's are almost week old sprouts, One bean was thrown out during a gust of wind and he shall R.I.P :(
    But regardless, Life goes on. I've decided to bring my plants in at night and put them under 3 26watt Daytime CFL's and 1 42 watt CFL so they'll have more vigor:D
    I also picked up a digital camera along with some rigging materials so pics will be soon!
    Be patient whoever is reading this, PICS WILL BE DELIVERED!

8. Ph is a h being huuge deal and since my tap isn't filled with acidic goodness I use Costco Bottled water xD Its right on the money but it does cost money, SOOOO I used a gallon of tap and mixed ine 15ml of b1 and 10ml of superbloom and it resulted with the ph of 5.9 :hello:

9. So guys, I'm up nice and early thanks to my doctor ;) and I've decided to "experiment" with my plants. What I've settled on is different lighting methods and training techniques on EACH plant, what this will do is show the best way for them to grow. I got 4 total ER's going right now, two were transplanted yesterday, one being the runt of my litter, and the other being tied for 1st. They're in 4 Gal pots now.

The other two have been put under 1 42w CFL and 2 16w CFL's and will be under light 24/7..But that doesn't mean under those lights! The smallest one is gonna be taken out during the day and put in the good old sun with the outside ones and then put back at night.
    Oh and for the people returning for an update, I did get a camera and I'll be installing the software after I get back from this job fair shit I gotta go to today.

10. Sweeet pics. I cant wait.

11. Get a camera yet?
    Got Pix?

12. @Bill
    xD I'm sorry man The pics have been delayed, I had to make some pickups so I could make some cash. I'm heading to star Nursery in a few and gettin some GrowBig and I'll take some pics when I get back. :)

13. OK. Cool

14. I'm going to break my POS camera I swear. I can't find the cable to upload the pictures and I only got a picture of the biggest plant(not a bad part but there's 3 others) before the fucking thing died. Changed the batteries and its still busted. Guess that means its new camera time :rolleyes:

15. :hello:Technology sucks:wave:

16. 3 weeks since germing, I pulled the runt of the litter today. He wasn't growing for a while and then he grew maybe an inch in the last two weeks. He had root rot and barely any roots so its for the best. The other 3 are growing quite nicely though:)
    Since technology is a complete douche towards me, No pics STILL, but I'll describe them:p
    The biggest ER is starting his 4th node, the other 3 are starting preflower?? I didnt think it could happen but there is preflower at the bud sites this soon? I'm gonna top him at the 5th node for 6 colas and hopefully I'll have a fem clone:D
    The other two however are racing each other, Same growth pattern, both starting the 3rd node and they are alll dark green. I really wish I had pics to show the users that keep comin back here, I'm trying but tech is bullshit

17. Sounds good but choppin the runt sucks. Get a camera!!

18. #18 Miasm, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    Dude Im tryin, Whats a good camera that wont give me installing trouble like sony??

Oh yeah, after these ones start flowering I'm going to start some more plants..There is gonna be auto and photoperiod plants since Attitude gave me 8 free seeds after I bought two auto's! Grapefruit krush Emerald Jack and Super Sour OG! Still planning shit out though

19. One of my two autos was a runt about less than half the size of the other with weird twisted leafs now its almost the size of the other but isnt flowering as fast I hope it just takes a little longer to finish than the other.

20. Is the runt's root system bad? Small roots=less growth